Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,646
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 400
Thanked 938 Times in 364 Posts
Default Re: Steelers down Lions to keep playoff hopes alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
The past is over and done with. It cannot be changed. What can be changed is the future. Looks like the Steelers are making progress as a team in all phases. They control their own destiny right now with two BIG division games in the next two weeks. I can't wait for Sunday against the Browns in Cleveland. It's going to be an electric atmosphere for a game that really matters so much for the Steelers.
Two big division games and a crucial game against our buddy Mike Wallace's Dolphins. All three teams are contending for the wildcard spot. If we beat all three the next three weeks, we should have the wildcard spot for us and possible one game behind the Bengals.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SH-Rock For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-17-2013), Lady Steel (11-17-2013), NSMaster56 (11-17-2013), teegre (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
NSMaster56
Team President
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 2,233
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 3,931
Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,187 Posts
Default Re: Steelers down Lions to keep playoff hopes alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
Two big division games and a crucial game against our buddy Mike Wallace's Dolphins. All three teams are contending for the wildcard spot. If we beat all three the next three weeks, we should have the wildcard spot for us and possible one game behind the Bengals.
Wild Card does seem possible. 9-7 could get it done, depending on tie-breakers. Could be another 2009 situation when they lost tie-breakers.

Division is only possible in the Bengals slip up at least thrice (again, not sure about tie-breakers). You really wouldn't want them to lose to the Chargers, which would hurt the Steelers WC chances. That leaves vs. @ PIT, IND and BAL.

They need to lose those three and the Steelers need to keep up this revival.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-17-2013), Lady Steel (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #13
Steel_Bus_24
Team President
 
Steel_Bus_24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,311
Member Number: 2886
Thanks: 203
Thanked 599 Times in 301 Posts
Default Re: Steelers down Lions to keep playoff hopes alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
This team wouldn't need playoff hopes if they had TCB vs. Oakland.

At some point I'll get over that. Not any time soon though.
It's like a knife stuck in my hand
__________________

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #14
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Steelers down Lions to keep playoff hopes alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Wild Card does seem possible. 9-7 could get it done, depending on tie-breakers. Could be another 2009 situation when they lost tie-breakers.

Division is only possible in the Bengals slip up at least thrice (again, not sure about tie-breakers). You really wouldn't want them to lose to the Chargers, which would hurt the Steelers WC chances. That leaves vs. @ PIT, IND and BAL.

They need to lose those three and the Steelers need to keep up this revival.
Yes about the tie-breakers. Sweeping the Ravens would be HUGE.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-17-2013), Lady Steel (11-17-2013), pczach (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,790
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 13,351
Thanked 14,074 Times in 5,940 Posts
Default Re: Steelers down Lions to keep playoff hopes alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Division is only possible in the Bengals slip up at least thrice (again, not sure about tie-breakers). You really wouldn't want them to lose to the Chargers, which would hurt the Steelers WC chances.
I'll be at that game... rooting against the Bengals (for the Chsrgers).

SD still has to play Denver once and KC twice. They will likely lose all three of those games. Ergo, it'll be safe for me to cheer for them.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-17-2013), NSMaster56 (11-17-2013), pczach (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #16
NSMaster56
Team President
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 2,233
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 3,931
Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,187 Posts
Default Re: Steelers down Lions to keep playoff hopes alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I'll be at that game... rooting against the Bengals (for the Chsrgers).

SD still has to play Denver once and KC twice. They will likely lose all three of those games. Ergo, it'll be safe for me to cheer for them.
Yes, all remaining WC teams seem vulnerable.

Jekyll and Hyde Jets have MIA (twice), BAL and CAR.

BAL has to win today, then has Jets, PIT, and then DET, NE and CIN to close out the year (probably the toughest slate).

PIT has to worry about division foes and then MIA/GB.

Titans have brutal three-game slate of IND, DEN, AZ.

Bolts have to beat the Fins today, then not slip up more than once to KC (twice), CIN, Giants (fighting for themselves) and DEN (the other contender for toughest slate).

9 wins should take the WC.

To steal a phrase: Must wine! No can Lose!
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-17-2013), pczach (11-17-2013), teegre (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #17
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,790
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 13,351
Thanked 14,074 Times in 5,940 Posts
Default Re: Steelers down Lions to keep playoff hopes alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Yes, all remaining WC teams seem vulnerable.

Jekyll and Hyde Jets have MIA (twice), BAL and CAR.

BAL has to win today, then has Jets, PIT, and then DET, NE and CIN to close out the year (probably the toughest slate).

PIT has to worry about division foes and then MIA/GB.

Titans have brutal three-game slate of IND, DEN, AZ.

Bolts have to beat the Fins today, then not slip up more than once to KC (twice), CIN, Giants (fighting for themselves) and DEN (the other contender for toughest slate).

9 wins should take the WC.

To steal a phrase: Must wine! No can Lose!
Yep.
I've been saying those exact things for a few weeks: everyone else has a tough road. And, for the division, the Steelers have four division games (which could decide the division winner).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #18
NSMaster56
Team President
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 2,233
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 3,931
Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,187 Posts
Default Re: Steelers down Lions to keep playoff hopes alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Yep.
I've been saying those exact things for a few weeks: everyone else has a tough road. And, for the division, the Steelers have four division games (which could decide the division winner).
I was skeptical unless they beat the Lions. Now the dream is alive.

Ravens just lost, too.

It might actually be better for the Dolphins to beat the Chargers [today], then the Chargers to beat the Bengals.

Hopefully the playoff picture will be clearer after Thanksgiving.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-17-2013), teegre (11-17-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts