Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #131
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Ike Taylor

[QUOTE=realdeal;1214644]Ike Taylor is the most overrated CB in the NFL!! I have never seen a CB with butter fingers like Ike. Does he not practice catching balls? He couldn't catch a ball if his life depended on it.

BTW, It was nice having you on our team Troy and Ryan. This is your last year with the team!! :([/QUOTE

In practice, he actually practices missing balls. Shows, doesn't it?
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #132
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,536 Times in 804 Posts
My Mood: Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
I started this thread complimenting Ike. The haters came on and started bashing him and bashing him and bashing him (which they are clueless and dead wrong about)….three or four posts in a row used language that people of education and class usually stay away from when describing people of African American descent because of the historical connotations of 200 years of prejudicial language. It's really not that hard to understand. People are now acting willfully ignorant or deflecting through projection. Again, a simple google of the topic will begin your education process. Why not be willing to say to yourself, "Maybe there is something here I didn't know about?" That's what intellectually curious people do. Then you won't continue to come off as an oaf.
What a dose of haughty you dished out.

You are educated and classy. Others are ignorant to YOUR truth. We all need to be further educated....but not you.

And please apply your closing question to yourself.....maybe there is a thing or two you don't know.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancoLambert For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #133
realdeal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10935

Let's forget all this lazy race crap!! Let's get back to the fact that Ike Taylor is not the player most Steeler fans and the media believe he is.

1. He is not great!!
2. He is not a "shut down" corner
3. He is just an average CB who does not intercept balls thrown directly at his chest!

I'm not sure how how got this rep, but Ike has never been "great." He is just an average Cb who has looked good because our front seven (for the most part) have pressured the Qb enough to make him look good.
Go Steelers!!
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #134
FOOTEupyourarse
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 3310

ike has been a shutdown corner for us since day one! he cannot catch a ball to save his life but he is solid! if you pay attention to the plays he is supposed to have safety support over the top on a lot of the plays where opposing WR's beat him. either troy or clark misread the play and ike gets the blame. im not saying he is perfect but if you don't recognize that he is one of the best in the game then you are clearly mistaken! it doesn't help him either when lebeau makes him play 25 yards off of the receiver! just asking for trouble!
Old 11-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #135
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,046 Times in 4,304 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Huh? Is this an attempt to troll a thread? How can anyone claim the term "lazy" as being racist?
my sentiments exactly.

The Doobie Brothers
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #136
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,084 Times in 3,414 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

it's been explained how the word lazy has been used over the past to put down minorities. It's not trolling, and it is surprising to me that anybody in the USA hadn't heard that word used that way. Either way I think it should be dropped now because that probably wasn't the original posters intent.

Either way Ike rules!
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #137
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
What a dose of haughty you dished out.

You are educated and classy. Others are ignorant to YOUR truth. We all need to be further educated....but not you.

And please apply your closing question to yourself.....maybe there is a thing or two you don't know.
yeah, don't you just love the way some posters are so much more educated and smarter than the rest of us poor ignorant posters?

The Doobie Brothers
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
FrancoLambert (11-28-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #138
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
You're assuming an awfiul lot by saying those three words alone carry racist undertones.

I don't think those adjectives are owned by only one ethnic group, be it white, black, tan...........etc..........
I'm not assuming anything. You miss the point…its not that its owned by any group…its not that it represents any kind of reality…it's that the language of "the lazy black man" has a long history of use by racists in this country. This isn't an opinion, it's not MY truth…its an historical fact.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #139
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
I'm not assuming anything. You miss the point…its not that its owned by any group…its not that it represents any kind of reality…it's that the language of "the lazy black man" has a long history of use by racists in this country. This isn't an opinion…its a historical fact.

The Doobie Brothers
Old 11-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #140
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Huh? Is this an attempt to troll a thread? How can anyone claim the term "lazy" as being racist?
If you don't know the answer to that question then you make my point. Rather than act incredulous…do a little of your own research. Answer your own question for yourself by investigating. Ask your black friends to explain it to you, google the question, read a history book detailing the use of language as a form racial discrimination. Rather than take the "this is ridiculous" path…have a little humility and intellectual curiosity. How can anyone claim the term "lazy" as being racist? Good question. There is a plethora of information available to answer that question which you could find without a ton of effort. I hope you do.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JeromeBetties63 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-28-2013)