Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #161
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760
Default Re: Ike Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
Ike Taylor isn't lazy but he is garbage IMO. The guy makes Gay look like a decent CB, I'm really tired of watching the DBs on this team get smoked every single game

I think the usual suspect Ike apologists "absence" proves they're on board now.

The Steelers will probably get 11 picks this year. They need to draft at least 3 CB's. Two of them need to be ready to play day 1.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #162
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,632 Times in 2,399 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
Ike Taylor isn't lazy but he is garbage IMO. The guy makes Gay look like a decent CB, I'm really tired of watching the DBs on this team get smoked every single game
ike has fallen off, but i can guarantee that gay isn't the top corner over ike. we seen what happened before when gay was covering torrey smith a few years back, it wasn't pretty.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
casteeler (11-29-2013)
Old 11-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #163
Daddymac10
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 25201

Notice how Ike never looks at the ball when it is thrown, he only looks at his opponent then tries to make a play after the ball is caught. As a CB, it's hard to be successful if you never lay eyes on the ball...
Daddymac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #164
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac10 View Post
As a CB, it's hard to be successful if you never lay eyes on the ball...
yet hes been doing that his entire career. and hes also been successful his entire career.

hes playing no more poorly than troy or clark (and has actually out played the latter since theyve been together), but ike is the one with a 17 page thread. smh
Old 11-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #165
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Nearly every team has an Ike Taylor at CB - a solid and capable NFL starter. For some teams, he'd be their #1 CB, for others he'd be #2 - a valuable player in either case..

Ike Taylor is our Ike Taylor, and he's our #1 CB.

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheVet For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-30-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (11-29-2013), IowaSteeler927 (11-30-2013), teegre (11-30-2013)
Old 11-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #166
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,731 Times in 809 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

I love Ike. He's been a staple of our defense for years and honestly his play is dropping off but he's getting older now. There are times when I think the scheming really isn't helping him out, and that Clark and Troy have left him out to dry, but as of late he's getting burned 1v1 and he's got to step up his game. You can't have help all the time. Sometimes you've got to be able to hold your own. I can say in complete honesty that I think William Gay has outplayed Ike Taylor this season. Now some will undoubtedly start blasting me with the argument that Gay doesn't cover the talent that Ike does but Gay has been much more sound in his 1v1 match ups and SO many people in this fanbase were so quick to say that Gay sucked and were ready to crucify the guy during the Preseason. So that's why I'd say that Gay has outplayed Ike.

Taylor talks about swagger, he needs to get his swagger back.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #167
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I love Ike. He's been a staple of our defense for years and honestly his play is dropping off but he's getting older now. There are times when I think the scheming really isn't helping him out, and that Clark and Troy have left him out to dry, but as of late he's getting burned 1v1 and he's got to step up his game. You can't have help all the time. Sometimes you've got to be able to hold your own. I can say in complete honesty that I think William Gay has outplayed Ike Taylor this season. Now some will undoubtedly start blasting me with the argument that Gay doesn't cover the talent that Ike does but Gay has been much more sound in his 1v1 match ups and SO many people in this fanbase were so quick to say that Gay sucked and were ready to crucify the guy during the Preseason. So that's why I'd say that Gay has outplayed Ike.

Taylor talks about swagger, he needs to get his swagger back.

Taylor Never Ever has Help , and when he thinks he does that person bites on something else and yes they leave Ike out to dry , ala the Ravens Game on the 1st play , at least my thinking as nobody knows the actual play call but I think Will Allen was supposed to have the deep middle and you see him biting on an underneath route ... of course only the players/coaches know the actual play call

Ike plays everyone 1v1 with no help anywhere so when he does get burnt it looks worst but he's the reason Troy and Clark can have all those tackles because unlike some/most safeties they come up quick and do kind of whatever they want , only reason that is is because Ike can play anybody 1v1 and wins more often then not

just my 2 cents
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrunn For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-30-2013)
Old 11-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #168
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,731 Times in 809 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Taylor Never Ever has Help , and when he thinks he does that person bites on something else and yes they leave Ike out to dry , ala the Ravens Game on the 1st play , at least my thinking as nobody knows the actual play call but I think Will Allen was supposed to have the deep middle and you see him biting on an underneath route ... of course only the players/coaches know the actual play call

Ike plays everyone 1v1 with no help anywhere so when he does get burnt it looks worst but he's the reason Troy and Clark can have all those tackles because unlike some/most safeties they come up quick and do kind of whatever they want , only reason that is is because Ike can play anybody 1v1 and wins more often then not

just my 2 cents
I agree with points but he hasn't been as sound 1v1 as he has been in the past. I honestly think he's lost a step. I sincerely hope he's just in a random slump and finishes the season strong.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
cbrunn (11-30-2013)
Old 11-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #169
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,977 Times in 3,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
I think the usual suspect Ike apologists "absence" proves they're on board now.

The Steelers will probably get 11 picks this year. They need to draft at least 3 CB's. Two of them need to be ready to play day 1.
no, we were enjoying Thanksgiving and a little tired of the usual suspect Bull-shitters.
fer522 (11-30-2013), Lady Steel (11-30-2013)
Old 11-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #170
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I agree with points but he hasn't been as sound 1v1 as he has been in the past. I honestly think he's lost a step. I sincerely hope he's just in a random slump and finishes the season strong.
Me too . Ike is my favorite player and you don't understand how much I hear it from all my family (all Steelers Fans) and Friends how much he sucks ... lol I get defensive on Ike ... seems like so many ppl Hate him

But yeah I agree , he may have lost a step and he defintely can't catch so save his life

cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cbrunn For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-30-2013), IowaSteeler927 (11-30-2013)