Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #41
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: Ike Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Steelers win the game, so who gives a shit! Go Steelers!!
True dat! Ike is still an excellent DB. I wasn't able to see the game (had to listen to it). Were we playing man on man with this guy? If we were, we need to lose that before we play the Rats with Smith and Jones. Matter of fact, we need to lose it for the next four games.

Ike haters need to crawl back into a hole.

Last edited by zcoop; 11-24-2013 at 08:47 PM.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zcoop For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-24-2013)
Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #42
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

This discussion isn't over. Teams are going to target Ike the rest of the season. Funny how the discussion used to be "Ike will lock down the oppositions best WR" NOw its "Ike needs help over the top"

Bogus BS arguments. This is Ike of '06/'07. Slack tackling and plenty of cushion. He looks like garbage out there.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #43
realdeal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10935

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
This discussion isn't over. Teams are going to target Ike the rest of the season. Funny how the discussion used to be "Ike will lock down the oppositions best WR" NOw its "Ike needs help over the top"

Bogus BS arguments. This is Ike of '06/'07. Slack tackling and plenty of cushion. He looks like garbage out there.
Exactly!!
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #44
pittpete
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5301

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
True dat! Ike is still an excellent DB. I wasn't able to see the game (had to listen to it). Were we playing man on man with this guy? If we were, we need to lost that before we play the Rats with Smith and Jones. Matter of fact, we need to lose it for the next four games.

Ike haters need to crawl back into a hole.

You didn't see the game so your opinion on Ikes performance doesn't count.
Ike was picked on like a 2 week old scab and looked really lazy on a couple of missed tackles.
If you play 10 yds off the WR you tackle the catch right?
Ike is making a lot of $$$$ and his lackluster play as of late has people worried.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #45
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
You didn't see the game so your opinion on Ikes performance doesn't count.
Ike was picked on like a 2 week old scab and looked really lazy on a couple of missed tackles.
If you play 10 yds off the WR you tackle the catch right?
Ike is making a lot of $$$$ and his lackluster play as of late has people worried.
What scheme were we using, man, cover 2, etc.? Did he have safety help or was he on an island? That's all I'm asking because, that would clear some things up for me. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for the replay.

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #46
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Oh come on, Ike does a great job out there week in and week out!

Of course the job is to make the opposing WR's look great, he is doing that perfectly. I POS QB with a B level WR schooled him today over 200 yards. But Ike is ok with that because apparently the Steeler brass thinks he is great. Of course that is per Ikes coverage of the situation and we all have seen how Ike covers things these days!
He is dumber, he is slower, and he allows himself to be schooled. The only change he made this year is less PI's calls. Why is that? Because he isn't typically near his overage when they catch it. Thereby is not in aposition to get a PI. That is the difference between this years coverage and last years.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #47
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,951 Times in 3,702 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
What scheme were we using, man, cover 2, etc.? Did he have safety help or was he on an island? That's all I'm asking because, that would clear some things up for me. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for the replay.

Thanks!
seemed to me it wasn't man to man. There were a lot of times Ike was suppose to have help and it all broke down. But that was from watching it once with lots of people talking around me, which I'm not use to.

The worst came when we were up something like 20-3 with a few minutes left in the 4th. The one touchdown our D gave up came with 1:14 left in the People are over-reacting.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #48
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
seemed to me it wasn't man to man. There were a lot of times Ike was suppose to have help and it all broke down. But that was from watching it once with lots of people talking around me, which I'm not use to.
Thanks HAM! That's what I was trying to find out but I'll watch the replay before discussing further.

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to zcoop For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-24-2013)
Old 11-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #49
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

The worst came when we were up something like 27-3 with a few minutes left in the 4th. The one touchdown our D gave up came with 1:14 left in the 4th. People are over-reacting.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #50
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Thanks HAM! That's what I was trying to find out but I'll watch the replay before discussing further.

Thanks again.
Thanks! I'd definitely love to get your opinion. You're one of the best and most level headed posters on here.