Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Black Friday Horror Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
one black friday i dressed up like an old lady because old woman can get away with anything. i was in a hurry and barreling through the store and some woman looking at scarves was in my way so i just knocked her ass down and kept going ...
Thought oughta teach Lady Steel to put her fucking head on a swivel!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-25-2013), JonM229 (11-26-2013), Lady Steel (11-25-2013), MasterOfPuppets (11-25-2013), SteelCityMom (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #12
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,972 Times in 3,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
You can't trample children and the elderly from behind a computer screen.

Buddha Bus (11-25-2013), GodfatherofSoul (11-29-2013), JonM229 (11-26-2013), Lady Steel (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #13
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,128 Times in 1,982 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
one black friday i dressed up like an old lady because old woman can get away with anything. i was in a hurry and barreling through the store and some woman looking at scarves was in my way so i just knocked her ass down and kept going ...
You bastard!

Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-25-2013), harrison'samonster (11-25-2013), JonM229 (11-26-2013), MasterOfPuppets (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,580 Times in 2,376 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-25-2013), harrison'samonster (11-25-2013), JonM229 (11-26-2013), Lady Steel (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #15
Confounding Factor
Team Captain

Member Number: 25099
My Mood: Worried

The time of the year again where I try my hardest not to look at the deals at the expense of my wallet, which its frugality makes me wince.

Looking for some headphones this year and that's it.

My worst experience probably that dumb Sears thing with a 50" 1080p I think was for 299, I could be wrong. Then there was that Walmart fiasco on getting a ticket to pick up your items in their loading dock.
harrison'samonster (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Hey! It's that jive dude from "Airplane!"!!!!!!

What's his name..... Teegre something?

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-25-2013), JonM229 (11-26-2013), Lady Steel (11-25-2013), teegre (11-29-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,319 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Hey! It's that jive dude from "Airplane!"!!!!!!

What's his name..... Teegre something?
teegre campbell i believe it was.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-26-2013), harrison'samonster (11-25-2013), JonM229 (11-26-2013), Lady Steel (11-25-2013), teegre (11-29-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

several years ago was the first midnight black friday specials at the super walmart. Then the regular sales kicked in at five AM or so.

so after a day of football beer wine food and festivities with the family we decided to go at midnight. Needless to say I was borderline hammered.

came home for a few margaritas in an hour or two asleep then got up for a beer and back at it at 5 a_m.

That's what I recommend. eat, drink, and be merry. I still have two dollar d_v_d's I have never opened. Hahaha
Old 11-29-2013, 04:06 AM   #19
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

I'm loving that Black Friday thread Jon. I can relate to that stuff. I worked at Toys "R" Us back in highschool for about 2 1/2 years. People are nuts on Black Friday. Worst time of the year to be a lowly employee at a retail outlet of any kind. Here's a funny story though.

I was working the "R" Zone on Black Friday. The "R" Zone is just TRU jargon for the video games section. There's two registers in the R Zone where I worked at. We had a line that wrapped around from the registers all around the perimeter of the R Zone and on into the back of the store. I don't even remember what the big seller was that year but the line of people was huge. It's a cashier's worst nightmare. Funny part was that I happened to be having one of my top days as far as having gas goes. Basically I had been shitting my pants ever since I had crawled out of bed at 4am to make it to work. So I felt this huge one come on and I decided I was going to light up this crowd of particularly obnoxious Black Friday customers as quietly as I could release it.

It was perfect, I managed to pass it with nobody hearing it and it smelled like a decaying dead body was right there in front of us. Best part was that the customers were standing there breathing it in getting the full effects of it with nowhere to go because they didn't want to get out of line. They were all making faces and some people were openly accusing other customers of having passed the gas. It was SO damned hard to keep a straight face. When I got my break I laughed hysterically. It was both funny, and a sweet measure of revenge for all the stupidity we had to put up with that day.

Some people would probably say I'm a sadist.... to them I'd say go work retail on Black Friday and you'll understand.

A more serious story would be another occasion when I was working during the holidays. I don't think it was Black Friday but I can't remember. Just remember that it was the holidays and it was busy as hell. I was working out on the floor so basically I was one of the guys that wanders around asking you if you need help finding anything, that kind of thing. I asked this younger woman who was by herself if she needed helped and she told me she was looking for a Terrain Twister. A Terrain Twister was a hot holiday item at the time and they were on sale and constantly sold out. Going above and beyond I told her that there were none out on the shelf but that I'd look in the system for her to see if we had any in the back of the store.

I got on the computer with her standing with me and much to my surprise we had an entire box in the back. I immediately went back to the warehouse cracked open a box and retrieved one for her. She was as happy as could be and was very thankful. She left, and shortly thereafter I get a call from my manager Todd who grills me over our little portable radios telling me that I shouldn't spend so much time with one customer and that I needed to be moving on from customer to customer instead of doing what I did. So I called him out right back over the radio. Told him flat out that that's not how I operate and that I wasn't about to change how I do my job. Todd then gets mad and orders me into the computer room so he can chew my ass in private. I still wasn't having any of his bullshit. He tried ripping into me for questioning his authority on the radio and I told him that I not only helped that customer and made her day, I also got one of our most popular products in our ad out onto the shelves so it could sell rather than sit in the damned warehouse. Lastly I told him that I would rather have one customer come back to the store 1,000 times than have a 1,000 individual customers only come in once. My logic is that if you make one person so happy that they'll keep coming back then you've got a customer for life versus random numbers walking in the door. That person becomes a continuous source of money versus random people coming in who might only come in one time.

Todd still refused to listen to logic. Nothing like getting punished for doing things the way that they should be done. It pissed me off particularly because Todd was always a level headed guy that I felt I could talk to, and then out of the blue he is calling me out on the radio for doing the right thing for everyone to hear. I did come to find out though through channels that he was a wife beating drunkard with a suspended license and my most recent query in google of his name turned up a mugshot from a county jail in Utah. Karma biatch.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 11-30-2013 at 07:06 AM.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-30-2013), harrison'samonster (11-29-2013), JonM229 (11-29-2013), Lady Steel (11-29-2013)
Old 11-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #20
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,502 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
So I've been glued to reading this thread on Reddit where retail employees are retelling some Black Friday horror stories. As awful and depressing as some are, I can't stop reading them. Does anybody have any Black Friday horror stories of their own to share?

I've personally never gone shopping on Black Friday, it's never appealed to me. I have gone to a large mall just outside of Chicago a few days before Christmas and it was packed, but the people were well behaved, expect for the clothes strewn about all over the department stores.
Amazing stories. I got sucked into that thread for about 2 hours!
harrison'samonster (11-29-2013), JonM229 (11-29-2013)