Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,246 Times in 877 Posts
My Mood: Shocked
Default Jerry Jones Demands NFL Move All Future Super Bowls To Late Novemeber

By PFM Staff Updated: December 16, 2013

DALLAS – Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, an influential member of the NFL’s competition committee as well as a powerful voice in the league’s scheduling process, is urging the NFL to consider moving all future Super Bowls to the month of November, according to sources close to the Cowboys organization.

JERRY JONES GLARES AT TONY ROMO 600w

“While some may see this as a drastic and unusual step, moving the Super Bowl to sometime in roughly mid to late November is a move that will be benefit everyone in the long-term,” said Jones. “From the long-suffering fans who are desperate to see, let’s say, a very specific team win the Super Bowl, to the reporters and journalists who can finally shut up with their question about who is, and isn’t a qualified general manager, to the players, some of whom make upwards of $55 million over the course of a contract and had damn well better start paying dividends on that investment, all the way up to the noble and handsome team owners, who can finally get a little bit of credit for knowing what they were doing all along. Wait, what were we talking about again?”

“Right, the November Super Bowl thing,” Jones quickly added. “Everyone’s a winner in this deal.”

Moving the league’s championship game from early February, where it has been a globally celebrated event for decades, to the latter part of November would present the NFL with numerous logistical issues, and critics of the proposal question the wisdom of the plan entirely. Jones, however, maintains the move is a necessary one.

“We need to be aware of trends that affect our product,” Jones told reporters. “And over the past several years I’ve noticed a very distinct shift in the quality of NFL games. The most enjoyable, highest caliber of play seems to occur every year prior to December 1st. Who can explain why? All I know is that we, as an organization, need to capitalize on that situation by moving the Super Bowl to a time when we are putting forth our best level of performance.”

“Well yes, obviously, I mean the entire league,” Jones said in response to reporters’ questions. “What do you think, I’m going to suggest a massive overhaul of our entire business model just to benefit a very, very small number of teams? How selfish do you think I am?”

At press time, the league’s owners had yet to vote on Jones’ plan. However, the Broncos and Falcons are rumored to strongly favor the idea, while the Ravens and 49ers are said to be opposed. Meanwhile, Jones has also introduced an addendum to the league’s official rulebook which states that all 4th quarter interceptions in late season games will henceforth be subject to a “do-over” option for the offense, a move that would be repeatable “for as many times as it takes to complete the fucking pass,” snarled Jones.

http://profootballmock.com/jerry-jon...ate-novemeber/
"Look, I've been watching the game films since I took the job. And I can tell you guys that the reason you've been losing is not because of your attitude, or your psyche, or any of that stuff. The problem is that you're just not good enough. You know you can't run fast enough, you can't jump high enough, you're not quick enough. Your techniques are abysmal. I'm probably going to have to get rid of most of you, and we're going to move on."
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksburg Zach For This Useful Post:
fer522 (12-16-2013), harrison'samonster (12-16-2013), Lady Steel (12-18-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,881 Times in 855 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Jerry Jones Demands NFL Move All Future Super Bowls To Late Novemeber

That dude is a joke
harrison'samonster (12-16-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
JonM229
Team Owner

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 5,637 Times in 2,059 Posts
My Mood: Goofy
Default Re: Jerry Jones Demands NFL Move All Future Super Bowls To Late Novemeber

Posted in the wrong thread

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama

Last edited by JonM229; 12-16-2013 at 09:48 PM.
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,038 Times in 546 Posts

This is an onion article, right?
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote