Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942
Default Steelers # 1 pick for 2007 draft is ...

Given the incidents that took place over the last weekend I think it is safe to say that we could just wind up with the best running back in the NCAA next year ... atleast within reach to trade up for from the 32 spot ... I have been sweating this guy for the last two seasons ... that's right ... MICHAEL BUSH!!! ... now some of you may be wondering what the hell I would want with a back that just broke his leg this past weekend ... his season is over and already he racked up 100+ yards and 3 TD's in the FIRST HALF!!!! ... this kid is a class act if I have ever seen one ... I got to see him play last year at the gator bowl vs. VT and he was solid even against the nations # 1 (in my opinion) defense ... With questions concerning duce (and if you don't have them you should) ... as well as willie parkers inconsistency and lack of depth behind him ... I think the steelers will obviously be looking at RB on day 1 of the draft ... hopefully early day 1 ... the guy is a freak of nature ... 6'3 250 lbs ... (not that his weight matters ... well ... with duce most likely gone after this year, we will need a goal line back) ... ofcourse this is all dependent on how well parker plays this season ... anyone like to pimp someone else?
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Steelers # 1 pick for 2007 draft is ...

Wait, let me get this straight......

You are basically writing off this season when you have no idea how long Ben will be out? He could be back for the Jacksonville game or the San Diego game. We don't know yet. I don't think it's "safe to say" anything until we play our last game of the year.

Also, who knows what Batch will look like. He might just surprise us all. There's more to an offense than just your QB. There's more to your team as a whole than just your QB. We (the majority of fans) are looking at the Dolphins, you are already making the assumption that we will be drafting low in next years freakin' draft.

Am I the only one that finds that just a tad bit premature and presumptuous ?

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 09-04-2006 at 08:47 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Wait, let me get this straight......

You are basically writing off this season when you have no idea how long Ben will be out? He could be back for the Jacksonville game or the San Diego game. We don't know yet. I don't think it's "safe to say" anything until we play our last game of the year.

Also, who knows what Batch will look like. He might just surprise us all. There's more to an offense than just your QB. There's more to your team as a whole than just your QB. We (the majority of fans) are looking at the Dolphins, you are already making the assumption that we will be drafting low in next years freakin' draft.
ummm ... no I'm not saying that at all ... if you read my post right it said that we could be able to trade up from him from spot 32 ... i wonder what team picks there ... ok well i guess its early and you just didnt read well ... what i was trying to get out of this was that one of the top 2 backs eligible for this years draft just broke their leg and barring some ridiculous workout at the combine ... he probably wont go any higher than 20 ... not to mention he is a big bruising back that fits out system and can take some of the load off of parker ... I'm looking right at the dolphins with you,trust me, but this is just something fun to talk about because all of the other threads seem too depressing to want to think about (hines hammy, b-roth surgery, get rid of duce, cowher leaving) ... just things id rather not think about now ... honestly ... what kind of fan would i be if i thought it would be a good idea to give up on the season just to get a good draft pick
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

My bad. I did read it/took it wrong. I took it as "Ben is down", we get a better pick in this years draft. My apologies to you.

With the complete "doom and gloom" which swept this site since after the cuts were released, I'm a little on edge. Once again, my sincere apologies.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:53 AM   #5
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
My bad. I did read it/took it wrong. I took it as "Ben is down", we get a better pick in this years draft. My apologies to you.

With the complete "doom and gloom" which swept this site since after the cuts were released, I'm a little on edge. Once again, my sincere apology.
Yeah 83..why on earth would we jump to that conclusion...LMAO...

Old 09-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 View Post
Yeah 83..why on earth would we jump to that conclusion...LMAO...

lol, he should have been here yesterday and the day before.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:05 AM   #7
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
lol, he should have been here yesterday and the day before.

better him than us...I'm still tired from yesterday....

I'm taking a new tact from here on...if you wanna jump..jump...more room for me....
Old 09-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #8
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: Steelers # 1 pick for 2007 draft is ...

Quote:

With the complete "doom and gloom" which swept this site since after the cuts were released, I'm a little on edge. Once again, my sincere apologies.
I've read some interesting posts, but I haven't seen much doom and gloom from the guys who were serious and made good informational posts. This guy is new to the forum, but he seems to be looking ahead and is excited about some new talent. Maybe a little premature with the injury and all, but Michael Bush could be an option for us next year. It is hard to get too excited this early in the year though. Look at Marcus Vick. He looked like a lock at the #1 spot for a good part of last season. It should be interesting.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Where do I start?

Our future is now screwed since Omar and Kuhn were cut.

We cut Quincy Morgan, our WR core is going to stink because we only have Ward and Wilson and even Wilson I'm not fond of.

Kuhn was cut, our running game is going to stink and we just lost the second coming.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm not going to even bother listing the threads. That's research other's can do on their own if they are interested.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:17 AM   #10
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Where do I start?

Our future is now screwed since Omar and Kuhn were cut.

We cut Quincy Morgan, our WR core is going to stink because we only have Ward and Wilson and even Wilson I'm not fond of.

Kuhn was cut, our running game is going to stink and we just lost the second coming.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm not going to even bother listing the threads. That's research other's can do on their own if they are interested.

Yesterday was a nightmare....its cool though...after we win Thursday...the same people will be posting Friday how they KNEW everything was OK....LMAO....