Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Antonio Brown wins Steelers MVP award for second time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
The Steelers announced Thursday that Brown has once again been named team MVP
Even though he's been trying his hardest to shake my confidence in him, he deserves the congratulations.
:
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steel Peon For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-27-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,135 Times in 3,917 Posts

It really couldn't have been anyone else.

Keep it up, AB.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Big7BenHOF (12-27-2013), harrison'samonster (12-27-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-26-2013), Lady Steel (12-28-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #13
Black Gold
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25445

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
Really Timmons? He was bad this year to say he should get votes is laughable. He as usual made several mistakes every game and was the main factor on several big Tds against us all year. People get caught up in his couple plays he makes every season but he is a negative player who for being such a athlete shows zero strength and is handled easily
Laughable? Really?

The defense has been through transition all year with several key vets moved on, and missing through injury, the DL in front of him has been re-worked, a rookie LB and/or Troy moved into the role next to him to help organize the D.

With the loss of Foote he's taken over the calls for the D, broke his hand halfway through the season and yet hasn't missed a game, and leads the team in tackles.

You and I don't get a vote, but I'm pretty sure his team won't find anything about his year, laughable.
Buddha Bus (01-25-2014), harrison'samonster (12-27-2013), SteelersCanada (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #14
jb500ex
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
Laughable? Really?

The defense has been through transition all year with several key vets moved on, and missing through injury, the DL in front of him has been re-worked, a rookie LB and/or Troy moved into the role next to him to help organize the D.

With the loss of Foote he's taken over the calls for the D, broke his hand halfway through the season and yet hasn't missed a game, and leads the team in tackles.

You and I don't get a vote, but I'm pretty sure his team won't find anything about his year, laughable.
Inside lbs should always lead the team in tackles and his position is the position that normally calls the defense. He's so dumb that they tried a rookie at it over him. He's a average ilb that can't call the plays and line guys up who gets paid 9 mill a year. Combine that with how he's constantly taking himself out of the play because be has no understanding how to line himself up or deal with traffic and yes it's extremely laughable to the k he should get MVP votes. There's several defensive players ahead of him. One reason this team will miss the playoffs again is because of guys like Timmons. Average players making top dollar
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #15
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Inside lbs should always lead the team in tackles and his position is the position that normally calls the defense. He's so dumb that they tried a rookie at it over him. He's a average ilb that can't call the plays and line guys up who gets paid 9 mill a year. Combine that with how he's constantly taking himself out of the play because be has no understanding how to line himself up or deal with traffic and yes it's extremely laughable to the k he should get MVP votes. There's several defensive players ahead of him. One reason this team will miss the playoffs again is because of guys like Timmons. Average players making top dollar
That's quite possibly the most preposterous thing I've heard all season. Timmons has been a bright spot in the linebacker corps. The guy has played with a broken hand and is always flying around to the football. He's been asked to do a lot with a rookie starting alongside of him, another rookie playing quite a bit over at ROLB, and a merry-go-round going on at LOLB until recently when Worilds stepped up and solidified that position. Under the circumstances Timmons has done his job and then some. He's definitely an unsung hero in our defense.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 12-27-2013 at 07:08 AM.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Black Gold (12-27-2013), Buddha Bus (01-25-2014), harrison'samonster (12-27-2013), SteelersCanada (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
Black Gold
Bench Warmer

Quote:
If he constantly took himself out of plays I doubt he'd be in the top tier of tacklers in the league. Have I seen him miss a tackle? Yes. However that hardly makes him a liability to this team.

He's anchored this D, through a helluva lot of change this year, and done that whilst carrying injuries and taking on more responsibility.

You mentioned contracts but I'm not sure you've even got that right as he re-structured his contract 'for the team' earlier this year.

I think his team recognizes his worth, your entitled to think differently, but I don't believe your arguement holds much worth as is.
Buddha Bus (01-25-2014), harrison'samonster (12-27-2013), SteelersCanada (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

People who mentioned bell or Timmons for mvp raises questions. I think brown deserved the award 100% his play from week one up until now has been nothing but great. Never a down game or an off week. I can understand the possibility of ben but he def had a slow start to the season and bad decisions fumbles and interceptions early in the year takes him out of the picture for me. If ben was playing then as he is now wed have at least two more wins and wed have a seed secured by now. Ben def did great the second half of the season but Brown was at worst good to great the entire year.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #18
Black Gold
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
People who mentioned bell or Timmons for mvp raises questions..
fyi - I didn't say Timmons should win it over AB. I was curious as to if they have a 1,2,3 and if Timmons had done well in the vote as I feel, Timmons did a nice job this year.

Thanks
harrison'samonster (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #19
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,379 Times in 502 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Leave it to the unprofessional Mike Florio to interpret this story as a shot at Ben Roethlisberger. Why does there always have to be an angle or agenda? Why can't we simply be happy for Antonio Brown? Plain and simple, if you have two players who are neck-and-neck for such an award, it makes sense to give it to the player who's already broken a franchise season record, as opposed to the player who might.
Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gnutella For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-25-2014), harrison'samonster (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
67 calsteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21936

Co MVP Kelvin Beachum
67 calsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 67 calsteel For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-27-2013), nikstar (12-27-2013)