Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-04-2006, 06:47 AM   #1
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611
Default The Eternal Optimism Thread

I tend to be a glass half full gal and with the latest news on Benny, I thought it might be the right time for all of us eternal optimists to come together. I dont think he will miss 3 games hell I dont rhink he will miss 2. And for 2 reasons.
1. Benny is tough. If he can survive a New Yorker then im sure appendicitis is nothing plua Benny has amazing healing powers (although I do wonder where his guardian angel was on this one?)!
2. The Steelers have 11 days off between week 1 and 2.

So everyone just chill. Our boys wll be fine without Benny. Last time I checked we still have a kick ass defense and Charlie Batch has looked good. It will all work out in the end. The steelers will still go 13-3 and win the super bowl. Just remeber that every thing happens for a reason and that which does not kill tou only makes you stronger!!!!!

WHO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942
Default Re: The Eternal Optimism Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss View Post
I tend to be a glass half full gal and with the latest news on Benny, I thought it might be the right time for all of us eternal optimists to come together. I dont think he will miss 3 games hell I dont rhink he will miss 2. And for 2 reasons.
1. Benny is tough. If he can survive a New Yorker then im sure appendicitis is nothing plua Benny has amazing healing powers (although I do wonder where his guardian angel was on this one?)!
2. The Steelers have 11 days off between week 1 and 2.

So everyone just chill. Our boys wll be fine without Benny. Last time I checked we still have a kick ass defense and Charlie Batch has looked good. It will all work out in the end. The steelers will still go 13-3 and win the super bowl. Just remeber that every thing happens for a reason and that which does not kill tou only makes you stronger!!!!!

WHO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think he was taking advice from not only aikman and elway on how to handle pressure after a superbowl ... but he also spent a weekend at the x-men mutant mansion and got a good talk in with wolverine about how to REALLY heal fast
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I totally agree!! Keep the faith, my children!! All is not lost.......trust in The Chin.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
but he also spent a weekend at the x-men mutant mansion and got a good talk in with wolverine about how to REALLY heal fast
Either that or he got tips from Chukky Okobi :D
Old 09-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

No I think Chucky Okobi got tips from Ben!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:54 AM   #6
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

We showed last season that you don't neccessarily have to win 14 or 15 games to go all the way. This will just add to the legend and lore that everyone will talk about after SB XLI.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I`ll be honest, I don`t know why we need a pep talk already? There is no reason to alarm anyway. Ben is a big piece to a championship puzzle, I agree. But there are alot of other key pieces that will lead us to victories. Batck kicked some major butt against the brownies last year before halftime when they realized he had a broken bone. We have puzzle pieces like Parker, and Porter, Polumula and Ike, We have Miller and Wilson, Farrior and Foote. If that doesnt work we have Reed.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #8
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

[QUOTE=clevestinks;145052]I`ll be honest, I don`t know why we need a pep talk already? There is no reason to alarm anyway. Ben is a big piece to a championship puzzle, I agree. But there are alot of other key pieces that will lead us to victories. QUOTE]

"Nuff said"

"Hail Caesar,.......Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:40 AM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Me thinks too many people have been reading so many rival forums they are starting to doubt we really WON the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!! Look in the mirror, smack yoursselves upside the head once or twice and repeat................... We are the Pittsburgh Steelers........WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #10
SteelersFire
Banned

Member Number: 2921

Optimistic is great. And then ya just got to BELIEVE!
SteelersFire is offline   Reply With Quote