Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #111
Sharkissle29
Team President
 
Sharkissle29's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 2,192
Gender: Male
Member Number: 910
Thanks: 230
Thanked 170 Times in 103 Posts
Default Re: Draft pick #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Me neither. He has Steelers written all over him
He sure does.

__________________
Sharkissle29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sharkissle29 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #112
casteeler
Head Coach
 
casteeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Heinz field West
Posts: 1,546
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15446
Thanks: 212
Thanked 294 Times in 198 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Draft pick #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Dennard or Ifo have Steelers written all over them

Williams, Garvin , or Spence can fill in fine for LB... 2 were rookies , so they will get better , and Spence well is like this myth we've been waiting for
Dennard,Skov,Nix. Seems like all would make an instant impact if LeBeau would allow them to play their Rookie season
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casteeler For This Useful Post:
cbrunn (01-06-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (01-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 11:34 PM   #113
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,321
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,345
Thanked 25,725 Times in 10,423 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Draft pick #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Dennard or Ifo have Steelers written all over them

Williams, Garvin , or Spence can fill in fine for LB... 2 were rookies , so they will get better , and Spence well is like this myth we've been waiting for
I agree: let Williams & Spence (& Garvin) battle it out for at least one more year.

And, absolutely: Spence has a "30 for 30" feel to him.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
emarines (01-07-2014), harrison'samonster (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 01:44 AM   #114
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain
 
BehindSteelCurtain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 918
Member Number: 11279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Draft pick #15

We've found some WR gems in the middle rounds so I think they'll stick with that strategy.
__________________
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BehindSteelCurtain For This Useful Post:
emarines (01-07-2014), harrison'samonster (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #115
emarines
Team Captain
 
emarines's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Nanty-Glo, Pa
Posts: 822
Gender: Male
Member Number: 25461
Thanks: 355
Thanked 994 Times in 589 Posts
Default Re: Draft pick #15

i prefer louis nix...but i dont care if they go nt, cb, s, olb....the first few picks have to be defensive!!! i too believe that we already have our other ilb! i like the way williams was coming around...he is always around the ball!!!
emarines is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emarines For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-07-2014), teegre (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #116
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain
 
BehindSteelCurtain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 918
Member Number: 11279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Draft pick #15

OT Greg Robinson from Auburn has declared for the draft. I liked watching him play.
__________________
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #117
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 10,984
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 11,871
Thanked 14,943 Times in 6,131 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Draft pick #15

Rooney saying this makes me think NT (Louis Nix) or ILB (CJ Mosley) at #15...

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

Rooney said he likes the direction his offense is going but the defense needs to get better, particularly vs. the run

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (01-08-2014), teegre (01-08-2014)
Old 01-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #118
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President
 
BLACK_AND_YELLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,342
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18312
Thanks: 1,094
Thanked 3,322 Times in 1,435 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Draft pick #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Rooney saying this makes me think NT (Louis Nix) or ILB (CJ Mosley) at #15...

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

Rooney said he likes the direction his offense is going but the defense needs to get better, particularly vs. the run

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette
At the end of the day Nix or Mosley will be the pick Imo unless somebody falls to us.

Last edited by BLACK_AND_YELLOW; 01-08-2014 at 03:44 PM.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BLACK_AND_YELLOW For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (01-08-2014), teegre (01-08-2014)
Old 01-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #119
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President
 
BLACK_AND_YELLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,342
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18312
Thanks: 1,094
Thanked 3,322 Times in 1,435 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Draft pick #15

Gerry Dulac's opinion on taking a NT in the first round.

Q: I saw your blog post yesterday and agree with you about a nose tackle. However are the really going to go after a Casey Hampton type of player in the first round when they like most teams go nickel or dime at least half the plays? Seems to me that would want a more athletic Hampton right?

A: I don't think they will go after a nose tackle on the first round, nor should they. They have used enough No. 1 picks on linemen, both offense and defense, and in today's NFL the nose tackle comes off the field a lot because of so many nickel and dime packages. Plus, it's time to get a tall wide receiver to help out Ben Roethlisberger. But they know they have to do something about getting the type of play they seek from a nose tackle and improving their run defense. That was the biggest reason for their decline in that area.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2pqGZTzRM
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #120
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,321
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,345
Thanked 25,725 Times in 10,423 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Draft pick #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Rooney saying this makes me think NT (Louis Nix) or ILB (CJ Mosley) at #15...

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

Rooney said he likes the direction his offense is going but the defense needs to get better, particularly vs. the run

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
At the end of the day Nix or Mosley will be the pick Imo unless somebody falls to us.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Gerry Dulac's opinion on taking a NT in the first round.

Q: I saw your blog post yesterday and agree with you about a nose tackle. However are the really going to go after a Casey Hampton type of player in the first round when they like most teams go nickel or dime at least half the plays? Seems to me that would want a more athletic Hampton right?

A: I don't think they will go after a nose tackle on the first round, nor should they. They have used enough No. 1 picks on linemen, both offense and defense, and in today's NFL the nose tackle comes off the field a lot because of so many nickel and dime packages. Plus, it's time to get a tall wide receiver to help out Ben Roethlisberger. But they know they have to do something about getting the type of play they seek from a nose tackle and improving their run defense. That was the biggest reason for their decline in that area.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2pqGZTzRM
So, Dulac is saying that it won't be a NT, because it's not important... unless, it is indeed a NT, because the run defense is a problem.

I agree: it will be a NT... or some other position.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (01-08-2014)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts