Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #21
emarines
Team Captain

Member Number: 25461
Default Re: Draft pick #15

if mr. louis nix is not there at #15, the pick will be defensive! there are way too many holes on the defense not to be addressed early and often! this years draft is stacked with big fast recievers the whole way through it...that can be addressed later on !!!!
emarines is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emarines For This Useful Post:
teegre (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #22
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

lets hope the NFL sees how we lost the opportunity to get into the playoffs by a blown refs call and looks at that as a punishment and calls it a push and leaves the draft alone.
Buddha Bus (01-10-2014), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), Sharkissle29 (12-30-2013), teegre (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,461 Times in 4,045 Posts

4 - 5 Quarterbacks will be off the board. Matthews, Barr and Clowney will be too. That's 9 players at the very least. Going from there, I can see 3 - 4 players who we'll be on the board for. These are them in my personal order in terms of necessity and not necessarily talent:

1. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama.

Pro Player Comparison: Ed Reed

2. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State.

Pro Player Comparison: Charles Tillman

3. C.J. Mosley, Inside Linebacker, Alabama.

Pro Player Comparison: Derrick Johnson

Mosley and Dennard may not be there at 15, but Clinton-Dix will. He's a guy that when I see him play, he just consistently makes plays. He reminds me a lot of a younger, more raw Ed Reed in his ball-hawking ability. While he can struggle in run support at times, he's a sure tackler. He makes excellent reads and can give us that splash play we haven't had in years in our secondary. He's currently my first round pick for us at 15th overall. Going with that, here's my current mock:

1. HaHa Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama.
2. Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
3. (Compensatory Selection) Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida

Aaron Donald's "height issues" are going to make Steelers fans weep with joy when he's on the board in the second round. He's not 6'5, but he plays like Geno Atkins. Put him on the line with Heyward with McLendon anchoring the middle with Jarvis getting stronger and more comfortable with the system in the off season and our passing rushing issues vanish. Don't ask Donald and Heyward to play a 2 gap system and let them attack and create interior pressure and we could lead the league in sacks. It's amazing what a strong DE and proper scheme would do for a team.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
emarines (12-30-2013), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), NSMaster56 (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #24
emarines
Team Captain

Member Number: 25461

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
4 - 5 Quarterbacks will be off the board. Matthews, Barr and Clowney will be too. That's 9 players at the very least. Going from there, I can see 3 - 4 players who we'll be on the board for. These are them in my personal order in terms of necessity and not necessarily talent:

1. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama.

Pro Player Comparison: Ed Reed

2. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State.

Pro Player Comparison: Charles Tillman

3. C.J. Mosley, Inside Linebacker, Alabama.

Pro Player Comparison: Derrick Johnson

Mosley and Dennard may not be there at 15, but Clinton-Dix will. He's a guy that when I see him play, he just consistently makes plays. He reminds me a lot of a younger, more raw Ed Reed in his ball-hawking ability. While he can struggle in run support at times, he's a sure tackler. He makes excellent reads and can give us that splash play we haven't had in years in our secondary. He's currently my first round pick for us at 15th overall. Going with that, here's my current mock:

1. HaHa Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama.
2. Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
3. (Compensatory Selection) Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida

Aaron Donald's "height issues" are going to make Steelers fans weep with joy when he's on the board in the second round. He's not 6'5, but he plays like Geno Atkins. Put him on the line with Heyward with McLendon anchoring the middle with Jarvis getting stronger and more comfortable with the system in the off season and our passing rushing issues vanish. Don't ask Donald and Heyward to play a 2 gap system and let them attack and create interior pressure and we could lead the league in sacks. It's amazing what a strong DE and proper scheme would do for a team.
i like your defensive heavy mock! especially donald at 2( thats what i mocked too)! but i cant see the steelers going through another year of mcclendon and woods at nt! if they dont go with nt in the first it has to be addressed early!
emarines is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emarines For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #25
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,461 Times in 4,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarines View Post
i like your defensive heavy mock! especially donald at 2( thats what i mocked too)! but i cant see the steelers going through another year of mcclendon and woods at nt! if they dont go with nt in the first it has to be addressed early!
NT isn't the issue. Hood struggles in run support and Jarvis was a rookie. McLendon just needs another season to get more comfortable in his role. I have confidence he'll be able to do just that.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #26
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

We finished 2nd in the division and draft ahead of the Ratbirds. To the trolls watching, your future is bleak.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jtbsteeler For This Useful Post:
pczach (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #27
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,587 Posts

Draft Dix.

Retain Gay.

Pummel opponents with the potent Gay Dix combo!
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (01-03-2014), Buddha Bus (01-10-2014), EbonySteel86 (12-30-2013), emarines (12-30-2013), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (01-01-2014), MDSteel15 (12-30-2013), pczach (12-30-2013), PeckerWood (12-30-2013), steelerchad (12-30-2013), SteeleReign (01-03-2014), SteelersCanada (12-30-2013), teegre (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #28
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

I don't like the idea of taking Nix. He didn't play about half of the season for ND because of injuries. That is an awfully risky pick at #15 for Pittsburgh. Had he not been hurt, I would not be concerned.

At #15 there are a lot of options for a great player. I think it will come down to whoever the Steelers want the most, in terms of positional need.

Word on the street is Goodell won't touch a 1st or 2nd rounder. The thought is a later pick will be taken away. I assume a 6th or 7th round selection. Maybe even a compensatory. Meh, I could live with that.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #29
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
With the way offenses spread the ball around these days, not sure they would take a NT to play only a few snaps a game like McClendon does. No doubt we need a NT but could Nix be like a Ngata and play up and down the line and stay on the field all downs?

I like WR first round, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, or Kelvin Benjamin. (A Brown being the only experienced guy under contract next year-assuming Sanders hopefully leaves.)

Defense thereafter. CB being high on the list.
This. If you have a chance to finally get a first round WR (Santonio Holmes) to play the next two years with Big Ben you do it.

NT in the second round wouldn't be a problem at all. There are plenty of good WR that can be had with the 15th pick.

Now, if Anquon Bolden can be brought in for a 1 year contract...then there won't be a need to pick a WR with that 15th pick.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #30
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarines View Post
if mr. louis nix is not there at #15, the pick will be defensive! there are way too many holes on the defense not to be addressed early and often! this years draft is stacked with big fast recievers the whole way through it...that can be addressed later on !!!!
And yet what have the Steelers done since they lost their first round pick receiver (Santonio). Nadda.

Ben needs a receiver that 1) is big enough to BLOCK as well as catch and 2) be a mismatch against the #2 corner on the other side of the ball.

Right now, the Steelers still don't have a #2 receiver on the roster. They have a potential one.

The draft isn't going to help the defense NEXT YEAR. A #1 receiver picked at #15 will.