Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
SteelCurtain5643
Starter

Member Number: 12838
Default Jerry Jones needs to fire himself

And bring in an actual GM. I think its about time. But he wont. Hes too cocky and arrogant and so full of himself its ridiculous. Any team that misses the playoffs, 3 yrs in a row on the last day of the season would make changes. Imagine if the cowgirls actually had a GM who could help their team?
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelCurtain5643 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552
Default Re: Jerry Jones needs to fire himself

...uhh, that's a given:

Jerryatric Jones and his dementia-driven meddling, are dragging the Cowboys down to an early grave with him.
I mean, not that I really care about the Cryboys anyway, but, ...
http://www.thestar.com/sports/footba...ade_kelly.html
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanata-Steeler For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,613 Times in 789 Posts

I don't think JJ is *really* the GM. He just calls himself that so he can have an excuse to stand in front of cameras. I listened to his defense of his title and basically it sounded like he was saying "I write the checks and I make the final personnel decisions so I'm effectively the GM." What he needs to do is to extricate himself completely from day-to-day operations, which he'll never do because the whole reason he bought the Cowboys was to whore in front of the media.
harrison'samonster (12-29-2013), Lady Steel (12-30-2013), NSMaster56 (12-30-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
beer72
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3508

As long as JJ keeps doing what he has been they will never win a SB. Which makes me very happy. Crazy to think what hes so willing to do to keep such an average team...
beer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beer72 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-31-2013), MasterOfPuppets (01-01-2014)
Old 12-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
Overtime3pointsbaby
Banned

Member Number: 25691

Overtime3pointsbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,374 Times in 925 Posts
My Mood: Cynical

Jerruh doesn't need to fire himself. He's doing a bang-up job at keeping the Cowboys mediocre.
Blacksburg Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksburg Zach For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-31-2013)
Old 01-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,290 Times in 2,056 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

I don't care if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs. *shrugs*
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-02-2014), harrison'samonster (01-01-2014), SteelersCanada (01-01-2014)
Old 01-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
I don't think JJ is *really* the GM. He just calls himself that so he can have an excuse to stand in front of cameras. I listened to his defense of his title and basically it sounded like he was saying "I write the checks and I make the final personnel decisions so I'm effectively the GM." What he needs to do is to extricate himself completely from day-to-day operations, which he'll never do because the whole reason he bought the Cowboys was to whore in front of the media.
he's making all the decisions so how is he not the GM ?
Quote:
Jerry Jones: I'm doing a good job

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said he's been doing some of his best work in years, despite the fact that his team is 21-21 since Jason Garrett took over as coach in 2011.
The Cowboys have also missed the postseason the past three seasons.
"The facts are I really do think, the way things have rolled out, I'm getting to do some of the best work that I've done, relatively speaking in my career, over these last several years," Jones said Friday morning on KRLD-FM.
Since 1997, the Cowboys have posted a 133-133 mark with Jones as GM.
The Cowboys have struggled on defense this season, ranking 31st overall, last against the pass and 29th against the run. Last year, Jones fired defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, now with the New Orleans Saints, and hired 73-year-old Monte Kiffin. Jones expressed confidence in Kiffin earlier this week and isn't second-guessing the decision to hire him.
The Cowboys (5-5) have allowed opposing quarterbacks to throw for 400 or more yards an NFL-record four times, gave up a league-record 40 first downs to the Saints two weeks ago, and watched Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson catch 14 passes for 329 yards against them Oct. 27.
Injuries have hurt the unit, with defensive end DeMarcus Ware (thigh injury) missing three games and cornerback Morris Claiborne (two games), safety J.J. Wilcox (three games) and defensive tackle Jason Hatcher (one game) also having been lost to injuries.
Jones also made the move to have Garrett no longer call the offensive plays. Instead, offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Bill Callahan is doing it.
It's been met with mixed results.
The Cowboys had a franchise-low nine rushing attempts in a Nov. 3 victory over the Minnesota Vikings, dealt with injuries to wide receiver Miles Austin and lost starting guard Brian Waters to a season-ending triceps injury.
But Jones is confident the return of several players from injuries will help over the final six weeks of the season and push the team into the playoffs.
Jones noted he plans on serving as GM for another 10 to 15 years. He has told the players he'd rather be with them than do anything else.
"Of course, I said it, and I really meant that, and just think about that a minute: Why wouldn't you?" Jones said. "One of the reasons that I, to some degree, have taken the risks that I have over the years, and kind of had the professional life that I followed, is so that I get to decide when enough is enough. God willing. So I do get to decide that.
"It's a certain part of working for yourself if you still are standing when the time comes. So I get to really make that decision, and I want to make it in a way that I think is in the best interest of the team, franchise and really our fans. A lot of people just need to hear me say I know it's in our best interest for us to operate the way we have.
"It's unfortunate that over these last five or six years that we haven't had a few things turn right for us at the end of the season -- needing to win one of out of two games to get into the playoffs, having a healthy quarterback, all of those things. But we've been a lot closer than it seems."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-01-2014)
Old 01-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #9
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,613 Times in 789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
he's making all the decisions so how is he not the GM ?
GMs have day-to-day responsibilities besides saying "yes", "no", and signing checks. You really think JJ is doing all that work in between interviews?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
GMs have day-to-day responsibilities besides saying "yes", "no", and signing checks. You really think JJ is doing all that work in between interviews?
i'm not versed on the duties of a GM , which probably differs from team to team , but i always assumed personnel decisions and at the very least , input on personnel decisions are a common duty of every GM. jerry jones himself makes all the decisions regarding who gets a pay check from the cowboys. hell he even decided who gets to call the plays and who gets on the field ...if he is not the GM , then by definition, who is ?
bengal fans have been ranting for years because owner mike brown refuses to hire a GM...he claims the title for himself...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post: