Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,245 Times in 996 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: New Year Forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
It's the problem with forums, really. As I've said in a few posts before, I've been a regular member of quite a few forums, so I've noticed a lot of patterns in that time.

The few (comparatively, to their respective fanbases) that tend to come to these kinds of sites tend to be the vocal minority. The great thing about this forum, is that there are so many millions of Steelers and NFL fans that we get all sorts of varying opinions and trains of thought.

Since we can pick apart opposing views and arguments more easily, as well as effectively "get away" with saying anything due to our "anonymity" (it's in quotes for a reason, guys), people tend to be more closed-minded in my experience. Since we can set ourselves up as effectively any personality we want to have- hell, I'm a great example here- many forum users, especially the ones who have realized you have the entire universe at your fingertips with Google, will become "experts" and "tough guys" when they're usually not either one of those things.

Disclaimer:

I really am Bane.

Fortunately, this forum has arguably the best group of users I've had the chance to interact with. It's definitely the most fun one I've joined yet.

That damm zebra won't let me read your posts.
Bane (12-30-2013), Buddha Bus (12-31-2013), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), Lady Steel (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #12
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
There are people on here that I trust and am always learning from. Then there are assholes who just suck the life out of everything that I just get a laugh out of. I guess there's a little of both.

happy new year!
C'mon with out the internet warriors this place would be a drag!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stb_steeler For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), Lady Steel (12-30-2013), pczach (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #13
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,282 Times in 4,127 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
C'mon with out the internet warriors this place would be a drag!
that is a good point. I mean, for example, the angrychair thread might have been the best thread of the year.
43Hitman (12-30-2013), Blacksburg Zach (12-30-2013), Buddha Bus (12-31-2013), Lady Steel (12-30-2013), pczach (12-30-2013), stb_steeler (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,110 Times in 3,555 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
that is a good point. I mean, for example, the angrychair thread might have been the best thread of the year.
The fact that the power of a single post by a single troll had such an earthshaking impact on this message board is hilarious to me. I'm here to try to have fun, and share ideas with fellow Steeler fans. I deal with the trolls, assholes, internet tough guys, and the like.

There is something different about the way angrychair went about his business, and expressed himself toward pete74. He has immortalized himself on this board. I laugh every time I think about that dude!

As scary, creepy, senseless, and misguided as angrychair was, he is a large part of what I love about this place. Expect the unexpected.....and just laugh when the bizarre happens.

Happy New Year everybody!
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-31-2013), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), Lady Steel (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #15
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
The fact that the power of a single post by a single troll had such an earthshaking impact on this message board is hilarious to me. I'm here to try to have fun, and share ideas with fellow Steeler fans. I deal with the trolls, assholes, internet tough guys, and the like.

There is something different about the way angrychair went about his business, and expressed himself toward pete74. He has immortalized himself on this board. I laugh every time I think about that dude!

As scary, creepy, senseless, and misguided as angrychair was, he is a large part of what I love about this place. Expect the unexpected.....and just laugh when the bizarre happens.

Angrychair...Kinda reminds me of a Alice in Chains song...hmmmm!
Any who, he's only one of many that came and went thru these doors.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stb_steeler For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), Lady Steel (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #16
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,767 Times in 5,273 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
Hell if it was upto me, we'd of never selected Ben
are you actually Bill Cowher?
Old 12-31-2013, 06:15 AM   #17
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post

Don't get hasty now. We have quite an all-star cast of trollish buffoons and clueless wonders to choose from and epic threads related to them. They are all worthy of ridiculed recognition in their own rights.

Let's not forget:

Uptown Murf
Da Pimp
pats*faninpittsburgh
PATS*16N0
Tim Lumber
former_RB
jb500ex

It's like a veritable Dick Tracy villain lineup!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Bane (12-31-2013), harrison'samonster (12-31-2013), Lady Steel (01-01-2014), pczach (12-31-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #18
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,376 Posts

Happy New Year to All!

I just come here to kick ass, talk junk, and chew bubble gum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebsteelers For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (01-01-2014), stb_steeler (12-31-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,528 Times in 677 Posts

Speaking as a "Professional Pain In The Ass", I have to say that this board not only allows me to practice my craft, but allows me to do so with a fair amount of latitude and tolerance.

There are also people here from whom I have learned quite a bit and I am especially impressed with the overall knowledge, fairness and tolerance displayed by almost everyone here.

Many boards are just "cliques" of know-it-all's and tend to be very "protective" of their inner circle. But there is an open-mindedness here that frankly surprises me and I'm not just talking football. Even with non-football topics such as politics, religion, lifestyles, race relations, etc., the people here - though often opinionated - respect that others may see things differently and though there may be disagreements, there's little "flaming" and that's nice to see.

There's also a level of intelligence here - people who "get it" - that far exceeds what other boards have or could hope to have. It's nice to know that if I want to make a vague reference to something or perhaps use a word that may not be commonly used I know that it usually won't meet with the typical blank stares and drooling or worse yet having someone go off on a rant about how I'm "talking down" to people.

The intelligence level here is quite high overall and it not only speaks well of the people here but of Steeler fans in general.

I've been on boards where an unpopular opinion quickly turns it into a war zone and I can honestly say that I have no fear of that happening here. I've professed some rather unpopular opinions about various coaches or players and though I may not have a whole lot of people agreeing with me, no one attacks me for it either. There may certainly be more than a few "aggressive" counterpoints offered, but it never drops to a level of character assassination or insult and that's refreshing compared to the dozens of other such boards that "go nuclear" at the drop of a hat.

All in all I'd say that if everyone here were to meet in person and maybe go to a game or just hang out, I think we'd get along like old friends.

Now about LeBeau...

FrancoLambert (01-01-2014)
Old 12-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #20
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,528 Times in 677 Posts