Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Steelerspride
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 14
Member Number: 25683
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 7 Posts
Default To all the steeler haters

It must make you sick that ben roethlisberger and mike tomlin never had a losing season. You guys thought for sure the steelers were going to have a losing season after starting 0-4 and 2-6. We are just too good a franchise to have a losing season. Keep your heads up my fellow steelers fans. Our down seasons are now over with and we will be back on the rise next year. I don't just say that, there are many reasons we will be good next year such as ben taking very few sacks lately and finishing 6-2. Watch out rest of the league.
Steelerspride is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Steelerspride For This Useful Post:
Bane (12-31-2013), Buddha Bus (01-01-2014), CanuckCurtain (12-31-2013), Gnutella (01-01-2014), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), IowaSteeler927 (12-31-2013), JeromeBetties63 (01-01-2014), Lady Steel (12-31-2013), pczach (01-01-2014), Sharkissle29 (01-01-2014), StainlessStill (12-31-2013), teegre (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
OliverPoop
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 208
Member Number: 24550
Thanks: 10
Thanked 87 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: To all the steeler haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerspride View Post
It must make you sick that ben roethlisberger and mike tomlin never had a losing season. You guys thought for sure the steelers were going to have a losing season after starting 0-4 and 2-6. We are just too good a franchise to have a losing season. Keep your heads up my fellow steelers fans. Our down seasons are now over with and we will be back on the rise next year. I don't just say that, there are many reasons we will be good next year such as ben taking very few sacks lately and finishing 6-2. Watch out rest of the league.
I heard this same spiel last year. Watch out NFL we might be good again!
OliverPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,425
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 17,724
Thanked 18,780 Times in 7,928 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: To all the steeler haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverPoop View Post
I heard this same spiel last year. Watch out NFL we might be good again!
Looks like SteelersPride found his target audience.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-01-2014), CanuckCurtain (12-31-2013), Gnutella (01-01-2014), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), IowaSteeler927 (12-31-2013), JeromeBetties63 (01-01-2014), Neil-Still-Rules-14 (01-01-2014), pczach (12-31-2013), Sharkissle29 (01-01-2014), SteelersCanada (12-31-2013), The_Joker (12-31-2013), vasteeler (12-31-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
OliverPoop
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 208
Member Number: 24550
Thanks: 10
Thanked 87 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: To all the steeler haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Looks like SteelersPride found his target audience.
My point is stop guaranteeing that we are going to be good next year again. We just don't know.
OliverPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 6,886
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 47,969
Thanked 8,089 Times in 3,417 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: To all the steeler haters

yep, you start a good thread like this and the trolls will come running
__________________
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-01-2014), JeromeBetties63 (01-01-2014), pczach (12-31-2013), Sharkissle29 (01-01-2014)
Old 12-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 6,886
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 47,969
Thanked 8,089 Times in 3,417 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: To all the steeler haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverPoop View Post
My point is stop guaranteeing that we are going to be good next year again. We just don't know.
I think you're point was to insert your trollish post into a thread that was calling the Steelers haters out.
__________________
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
OliverPoop
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 208
Member Number: 24550
Thanks: 10
Thanked 87 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: To all the steeler haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I think you're point was to insert your trollish post into a thread that was calling the Steelers haters out.
Trollish? Pot meet kettle...
OliverPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #8
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,425
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 17,724
Thanked 18,780 Times in 7,928 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: To all the steeler haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverPoop View Post
My point is stop guaranteeing that we are going to be good next year again. We just don't know.
After the upswing at the end of the season, there is reason for excitement.

Rodney Harrison was saying today that several teams were happy that the Steelers were out of the playoffs, because (he quoted): "The Steelers were getting hot at the right time."
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-01-2014), CanuckCurtain (12-31-2013), emarines (12-31-2013), harrison'samonster (01-01-2014), Men of Steel (12-31-2013), pczach (12-31-2013), PeckerWood (01-01-2014), SteelersCanada (01-01-2014)
Old 12-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
OliverPoop
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 208
Member Number: 24550
Thanks: 10
Thanked 87 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: To all the steeler haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
After the upswing at the end of the season, there is reason for excitement.

Rodney Harrison was saying today that several teams were happy that the Steelers were out of the playoffs, because (he quoted): "The Steelers were getting hot at the right time."
I'm pretty sure New England and Denver weren't two of those "several" teams. Brady has openly stated he likes playing the Steelers because the defense is always the same. And Manning 2.0 (who we would have played had we won wildcard round) knows how to carve us up.

Just trying to be a realist here.
OliverPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,425
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 17,724
Thanked 18,780 Times in 7,928 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: To all the steeler haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverPoop View Post
I'm pretty sure New England and Denver weren't two of those "several" teams. Brady has openly stated he likes playing the Steelers because the defense is always the same. And Manning 2.0 (who we would have played had we won wildcard round) knows how to carve us up.

Just trying to be a realist here.
Brady has torn apart the Steelers.

The NYJets & the NYGiants have Brady's number.

And, the Paganos own Manning.

Summation: No one is above an ass-whoopin'.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-01-2014), CanuckCurtain (12-31-2013), JeromeBetties63 (01-01-2014), pczach (01-01-2014), steelfury02 (12-31-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts