Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,939 Times in 7,576 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: A House Divided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I understand your pain, my wife is a Broncos fan, so the rule in our house is I root for the Broncos when they are not playing the Steelers and she does the same.
Symbiosis.

btw: You picked a good year to root for the Broncos... although, 2011 must have been HELL.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), Jbute162 (12-31-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Nice read!

Now she'll get to remember whats it's like losing a playoff game.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-31-2013), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), Lady Steel (12-30-2013), teegre (12-30-2013), WVABE (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #13
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Nice read!

Now she'll get to remember whats it's like losing a playoff game.
LOL
Old 12-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,123 Times in 1,981 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Happy wife, happy life.

Great job, Teegre!
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-31-2013), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), teegre (12-30-2013), WVABE (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #15
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
Happy wife, happy life.

Great job, Teegre!
That is absolutely my mantra.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), Lady Steel (12-30-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #16
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Last night, my wife had a bunch of friends over (Chargers fans), and they were discussing the game. Several of her friends were of the opinion: "It was too close to call."

To which, my loving, beautiful wife calmly stated: "No, the Steelers got screwed."

Her friends added the obligatory: "The call is the call."

To which, my amazing wife retorted: "Well, it was the wrong call. The replays show that it was the wrong call. And, the NFL already made a statement that it was the wrong call. The Steelers got screwed."

I love my wife.

Go Bolts!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (12-31-2013), Bayz101 (12-31-2013), Buddha Bus (12-31-2013), Lady Steel (12-31-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #17
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
A House Divided
by
Tiger Rowan

My wife is a life-long Chargers fan. That said, for the duration of our marriage, she has watched every single Steelers game with me, and more importantly, she has supported the Steelers, just as strongly as I have.

Then came the Chiefs-Chargers game. And, for the first time, our alliances were divided.

Now, we have watched several Steelers-Chargers games over the years, but those games were different. There was friendly banter, as well as interesting wagering. But, never once was anything as big as a playoff berth been at risk… until the Chiefs-Chargers game.

As Ryan Succop lined up to kick the game-winning field goal, which would have launched the Steelers into the sixth seed, I rubbed my wife's back tenderly. And then, Succop missed. Needless to say, I was in shock… and my wife breathed a sigh of relief.

Fast-forward to overtime, when San Diego went for a fake punt on fourth down. The ball came out, a Chiefs defender had the ball, and that Chiefs defender ran into the end-zone. I tried to control my excitement, but then… Bill Leavy said that the Chargers player's forward progress had been stopped: first down San Diego. Once again, I was in shock… and my wife breathed a sigh of relief.

After San Diego took the lead, Kansas City was driving, my wife was once again tensing up… and then, the game was over, and for one final time, I was in shock… and my wife breathed a sigh of relief.

Seeing how my wife had supported me & my Steelers for quite a long time, I told her that I would root for her Chargers with equal vigor.

But, deep inside of me, I was torn.

Read more... http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/1025.html

I realize the game was big for both teams, but weren't the head to head games in the 94 AFC Championship and the 08 divisional playoff more gut wrenching.

We were clearly the better team in 94. They didn't run a play inside of our 40 yard line all day except when they were given a 1st a goal at the 1 on PI. Then we stuffed them 3 times and they kicked a FG. Their other 2 TD's were bombs from around 50 yards each. That was their 17 points. Then 4th and 3 at the end and we don't get it. That D was dominant that year and gave up 2 huge plays and a PI and we lose 17-13.

The 08 playoff game was turned on the Santonio punt return and we never looked back. In addition, we were favored so probably not as painful for her.

BTW. My wife's from St. Louis, but I've been able to convert her to being a Steeler fan. That way our 6 year old son is a Steeler fan. I gave her the Cards for baseball. So my son has the best of both worlds. Steelers for football and Cards for baseball. I'll also support the Cards unless they are head to head with the Pirates as in last years playoff.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelerchad For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-31-2013), teegre (12-31-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #18
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,256 Posts

doesnt matter they are losing to the bengals
Old 12-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #19
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I realize the game was big for both teams, but weren't the head to head games in the 94 AFC Championship and the 08 divisional playoff more gut wrenching.

We were clearly the better team in 94. They didn't run a play inside of our 40 yard line all day except when they were given a 1st a goal at the 1 on PI. Then we stuffed them 3 times and they kicked a FG. Their other 2 TD's were bombs from around 50 yards each. That was their 17 points. Then 4th and 3 at the end and we don't get it. That D was dominant that year and gave up 2 huge plays and a PI and we lose 17-13.

The 08 playoff game was turned on the Santonio punt return and we never looked back. In addition, we were favored so probably not as painful for her.

BTW. My wife's from St. Louis, but I've been able to convert her to being a Steeler fan. That way our 6 year old son is a Steeler fan. I gave her the Cards for baseball. So my son has the best of both worlds. Steelers for football and Cards for baseball. I'll also support the Cards unless they are head to head with the Pirates as in last years playoff.
We weren't yet married in 08. We had the same group of friends (my best friend is married to her good friend). But, because we weren't married, it was a little different dynamic.

But, even if we had been married, it still think that it would have been different.

For whatever reason, head-to-head is different. In 08, my friends all cheered for the Steelers the rest of the way through the playoffs (as I had cheered for them in other years). It is a nice symbiosis.

The KC-SD game was simply different. Maybe the third-party thing might have changed things. Or... maybe it's because the Steelers lost. LOL

[NOTE: 1994 sucked... especially living in SD. Luckily, I didn't even know my wife back then.]

RAISING KIDS
My two-year old loves the Steelers. She was ecstatic when Santa brought her Steelers footie-pajamas.

Maybe it's because at my house, after a TD, I give some dap to my brother & my dad, punch my mom (it's only crazy if it doesn't work), kiss my wife, and tickle my daughter. Ergo, as soon as the two-year old hears me cheer, she curls into a ball & starts laughing. Yep... a Steelers fan for life.
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (12-31-2013)