Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2014, 12:04 AM   #1
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 8,485
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 7,086
Thanked 9,502 Times in 4,049 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2014



With five NFL coaching jobs open, one name continues to emerge on the various wish lists: San Diego offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt.

At a minimum, the Lions, Redskins, and Titans are interested in talking to Whisenhunt.

He’s now available to interview, with the blessing of the Chargers. But the Chargers have a game coming up on Sunday at Denver, and there are only so many hours that Whisenhunt can spare from his current job. At some point, the Chargers surely will say, “Enough.”

The former Cardinals coach, who led the team to a Super Bowl in 2008, remains regarded as the favorite to become the next coach of the Lions, the only team with a franchise quarterback in place. And that’s a good thing for Whisenhunt, given that his most success in Arizona came with the franchise quarterback he inherited from the prior regime.

Of course, Whisenhunt first had to realize that Kurt Warner would be a better option than Matt Leinart, a first-round pick the year before Whisenhunt was hired. Once Whisenhunt did, the foundation was in place for the Cardinals to have a couple of solid seasons.

In Detroit, Whisenhunt would be working with a 25-year-old franchise quarterback who has five years of experience. But Matthew Stafford seems to be a reluctant franchise quarterback, unwilling to fully embrace the commitment to mechanics and film study and leadership and doing everything he can do and then some to help his team win. Someone needs to get the most out of Stafford.

For now, the Lions may be willing to entrust that task to the man who worked directly with another franchise quarterback who needed some time and some coaxing to develop into a franchise quarterback — Ben Roethlisberger. Others may want him, too, but not every team that wants to interview Whisenhunt will get a crack at him in the next six days.

If he only interviews with one or two teams, we may know plenty about where Whisenhunt is leaning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-whisenhunt/
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-07-2014), JonM229 (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #2
GMU Steeler
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,906
Member Number: 16173
Thanks: 42
Thanked 732 Times in 405 Posts
Default Re: Demand increases for Whisenhunt

He's going to get a job. I like Detroit as a possible landing place for Whiz. IF he's smart. He leaves the 4-3 in place there and focuses on getting the most out of their offense.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-07-2014), JonM229 (01-07-2014), NSMaster56 (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,791
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 5,622 Times in 2,398 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
GodfatherofSoul (01-08-2014), harrison'samonster (01-07-2014), JonM229 (01-07-2014), Lokki (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter
 
Blacksburg Zach's Avatar
 
Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 2,050
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24584
Thanks: 1,296
Thanked 2,293 Times in 893 Posts
My Mood: Sneaky
Default Re: Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Good for Whisenhunt.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Pessimism is not analysis. Vitriol is not discussion. Jaded opinion is not fact.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksburg Zach For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,014
Member Number: 15679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 162 Times in 101 Posts
Default Re: Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Yea, Detroit May not want to say it, but they prob want him to "fix " stafford the same way the chargers wanted him to fix Philip River. Stafford has been way too streaky
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikegrimey For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #6
blackngold8766
Draft Prospect
 
blackngold8766's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 128
Member Number: 25200
Thanks: 72
Thanked 118 Times in 69 Posts
Default Re: Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2014



With five NFL coaching jobs open, one name continues to emerge on the various wish lists: San Diego offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt.

At a minimum, the Lions, Redskins, and Titans are interested in talking to Whisenhunt.

He’s now available to interview, with the blessing of the Chargers. But the Chargers have a game coming up on Sunday at Denver, and there are only so many hours that Whisenhunt can spare from his current job. At some point, the Chargers surely will say, “Enough.”

The former Cardinals coach, who led the team to a Super Bowl in 2008, remains regarded as the favorite to become the next coach of the Lions, the only team with a franchise quarterback in place. And that’s a good thing for Whisenhunt, given that his most success in Arizona came with the franchise quarterback he inherited from the prior regime.

Of course, Whisenhunt first had to realize that Kurt Warner would be a better option than Matt Leinart, a first-round pick the year before Whisenhunt was hired. Once Whisenhunt did, the foundation was in place for the Cardinals to have a couple of solid seasons.

In Detroit, Whisenhunt would be working with a 25-year-old franchise quarterback who has five years of experience. But Matthew Stafford seems to be a reluctant franchise quarterback, unwilling to fully embrace the commitment to mechanics and film study and leadership and doing everything he can do and then some to help his team win. Someone needs to get the most out of Stafford.

For now, the Lions may be willing to entrust that task to the man who worked directly with another franchise quarterback who needed some time and some coaxing to develop into a franchise quarterback — Ben Roethlisberger. Others may want him, too, but not every team that wants to interview Whisenhunt will get a crack at him in the next six days.

If he only interviews with one or two teams, we may know plenty about where Whisenhunt is leaning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-whisenhunt/
That pic of Browns foot still pisses me off. He didn't need to leave that much margin of error from defender but looking at the sideline-snow on field area I bet he felt he needed to get in that space for better footing. Whoever shoveled the snow is responsible for the Steelers not making playoffs. If he moves 6inches more of snow we win.
blackngold8766 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackngold8766 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-07-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 8,485
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 7,086
Thanked 9,502 Times in 4,049 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold8766 View Post
That pic of Browns foot still pisses me off. He didn't need to leave that much margin of error from defender but looking at the sideline-snow on field area I bet he felt he needed to get in that space for better footing. Whoever shoveled the snow is responsible for the Steelers not making playoffs. If he moves 6inches more of snow we win.
yup, that's what they mean when they say football is a game of inches...
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,014
Member Number: 15679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 162 Times in 101 Posts
Default Re: Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold8766 View Post
That pic of Browns foot still pisses me off. He didn't need to leave that much margin of error from defender but looking at the sideline-snow on field area I bet he felt he needed to get in that space for better footing. Whoever shoveled the snow is responsible for the Steelers not making playoffs. If he moves 6inches more of snow we win.
Hope that last bit is parody or hyperbole
Blaming the shovel team for a loss would be pretty low..
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 6,837
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 46,449
Thanked 7,977 Times in 3,376 Posts
Default Re: Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Hope that last bit is parody or hyperbole
Blaming the shovel team for a loss would be pretty low..
I don't know man, there are a lot of people who are going to have a lot of reasons to point at for not winning. Like Hawaii 5-0 said, it is a game of inches. And you might disagree with it, but saying that it is low might not be the best wording.
__________________
i'm not too happy with Sears right now, and on the 4th of July weekend.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
blackngold8766 (01-08-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (01-08-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #10
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,014
Member Number: 15679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 162 Times in 101 Posts
Default Re: Demand increases for Whisenhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I don't know man, there are a lot of people who are going to have a lot of reasons to point at for not winning. Like Hawaii 5-0 said, it is a game of inches. And you might disagree with it, but saying that it is low might not be the best wording.
I think singling out anyone play or instance in a game as the sole reason of loss is kind of silly anyway. We could take any number of olays and speculate, if such and such didn't happen we'd have won. I think it is kind of low to blame the people shoveling snow in a game where the offense failed to close the game out in the 4th quarter and the defense blew a lead.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikegrimey For This Useful Post:
jacobo (01-09-2014)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts