Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #51
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Interesting WR prospect from Rutgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbroughneck View Post
And if the Steelers hadn't picked Santonio Holmes when they did?

If Marquis Lee is on the board the Steelers would be dumb not to take him. You guys really should watch more west coast college ball.
Your argument about Holmes is invalid. For one thing it was no secret the Steelers were looking for a WR, second we have much more pressing needs this year. Secondary and D-Line are paramount to rebuild the Steeler defense. Furthermore this draft is really deep talent wise at the WR position. I mean there are guys that will be available in the 3rd and 4th round that in other years would be late 1st and 2nd rounders. No question that the top 3-5 are projected to be franchise receivers but if a top CB or DT is there it should be no question who to choose. Ask yourself who was improving throughout the year the offense or the defense, which side has the most questions? Which side is the oldest and has many veterans ready to either retire or be let go?
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-05-2014), LgFriess (01-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #52
LgFriess
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18715
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Your argument about Holmes is invalid. For one thing it was no secret the Steelers were looking for a WR, second we have much more pressing needs this year. Secondary and D-Line are paramount to rebuild the Steeler defense. Furthermore this draft is really deep talent wise at the WR position. I mean there are guys that will be available in the 3rd and 4th round that in other years would be late 1st and 2nd rounders. No question that the top 3-5 are projected to be franchise receivers but if a top CB or DT is there it should be no question who to choose. Ask yourself who was improving throughout the year the offense or the defense, which side has the most questions? Which side is the oldest and has many veterans ready to either retire or be let go?
Totally agree with you Ricco. The D is the top priority. BUT if Evans or Watkins is there, do you take them? I'm always posting about salary cap concerns and overloading on the offensive side of the ball but man it would be tough to pass up one of those guys.
LgFriess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #53
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

No way Watkins is there at 15, but if so I would make an exception for him. I love the idea of a trade where we could swap 1st round picks and may be pick up an additional later round pick. Especially if that team was in the market for Evans. I feel if we let him slip past us the Ravens will scoop him up and he will be exactly what they need and likely be the BPA. If they pick a WR I would at least like it to be someone they have to "reach" for, a 2nd round talent. This draft is one of the deepest in receiver talent as I have ever seen. The guys from Vanderbilt and FSU will likely be available in the 2nd and both could be every be as good as Watkins, Evans, or Lee. Gotta trust the FO and hope we hit it big this year.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote