Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2014, 02:25 AM   #1
Steelersfan4life2014
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Member Number: 25702
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Don't Give up on us!

Here is some advice on how to cope guys!!





Overtime3poitnsbaby!


Steelersfan4life2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steelersfan4life2014 For This Useful Post:
GodfatherofSoul (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 04:37 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 64,510
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 802
Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,105 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up on us!

Bye troll
__________________
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Galax Steeler For This Useful Post:
Blacksburg Zach (01-03-2014), Fire Arians (01-03-2014), harrison'samonster (01-03-2014), JonM229 (01-03-2014), Lady Steel (01-03-2014), MACH1 (01-03-2014), NSMaster56 (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 6,399
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 40,116
Thanked 7,133 Times in 3,043 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up on us!

somebody's upset about their team getting owned by the Steelers for the past forever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I think so too, but there are about 50 players rumored to be first round draft choices so far. someone has to fall...
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (01-03-2014), Lady Steel (01-03-2014), NSMaster56 (01-03-2014), SteelersCanada (01-03-2014), teegre (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,849
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 13,434
Thanked 14,206 Times in 5,988 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up on us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
somebody's upset about their team getting owned by the Steelers for the past forever.
Exactly.

That's the sad thing. I live in SD, and I heard about the 1994 AFCCG for fourteen years. That fan-base has NOTHING else in which to take pride, except for the 1994 AFCCG...

...and now, winning against the Chiefs in OT.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-03-2014), Lady Steel (01-03-2014), SteelersCanada (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #5
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 6,399
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 40,116
Thanked 7,133 Times in 3,043 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up on us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Exactly.

That's the sad thing. I live in SD, and I heard about the 1994 AFCCG for fourteen years. That fan-base has NOTHING else in which to take pride, except for the 1994 AFCCG...

...and now, winning against the Chiefs in OT.
that's something else. I don't mean to be harsh to any chargers fans, but they are a team that hardly registers on my radar.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I think so too, but there are about 50 players rumored to be first round draft choices so far. someone has to fall...
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (01-03-2014), SteelersCanada (01-03-2014), teegre (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,096
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 4,019
Thanked 7,211 Times in 3,115 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up on us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
that's something else. I don't mean to be harsh to any chargers fans, but they are a team that hardly registers on my radar.
That's what happens when you trade away one of the best Quarterbacks of our generation and not draft one of the best receivers of our generation so you can have... Phillip Rivers. This guy is just happy the Chargers are relevant for a season.

I think that's the difference with Chargers fans and us: when they make the playoffs, the season was a success. It's just expected that we're going to be in the postseason and when we're not, something devastating happened.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-03-2014), JonM229 (01-03-2014), Lady Steel (01-03-2014), NSMaster56 (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,247
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,281
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up on us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Exactly.

That's the sad thing. I live in SD, and I heard about the 1994 AFCCG for fourteen years. That fan-base has NOTHING else in which to take pride, except for the 1994 AFCCG...

...and now, winning against the Chiefs in OT.
if you actually want to call those 2nd stringers the chiefs, lol.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-03-2014), JonM229 (01-03-2014), Lady Steel (01-03-2014), teegre (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,013
Member Number: 15679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 158 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up on us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
That's what happens when you trade away one of the best Quarterbacks of our generation and not draft one of the best receivers of our generation so you can have... Phillip Rivers. This guy is just happy the Chargers are relevant for a season.

I think that's the difference with Chargers fans and us: when they make the playoffs, the season was a success. It's just expected that we're going to be in the postseason and when we're not, something devastating happened.
Don't know about that last part right now buddy
Since we won our last SB we've missed the playoffs thrice and made them twice, one of which was a wildcard 1anddone. A after 2 straight 8-8 season we need a little work to get back to that winning tradition
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #9
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,096
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 4,019
Thanked 7,211 Times in 3,115 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up on us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Don't know about that last part right now buddy
Since we won our last SB we've missed the playoffs thrice and made them twice, one of which was a wildcard 1anddone. A after 2 straight 8-8 season we need a little work to get back to that winning tradition
But back to back 8-8 seasons were unexpected is the point. If the Chargers go 8-8 no one bats an eye.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-03-2014), Lady Steel (01-03-2014), NSMaster56 (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #10
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,013
Member Number: 15679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 158 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: Don't Give up on us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
But back to back 8-8 seasons were unexpected is the point. If the Chargers go 8-8 no one bats an eye.
Guess it depends on expectations
I can say I was surprised when we missed the playoffs in 09, we had a lot of talent, our soso hit or miss performances the last two years didn't really surprise me
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts