Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #21
Steelersfan1
Water Boy

Member Number: 25703
Default Re: Rapoport: Haley expected to stay

absolutely would love to see a larger target also. Their draft position in the way it looks it this early time a tight end might be the pic in first room. Would be nice to have that second tight end with Miller start next year and as noted have his replacement in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I just don't want a too green of a guy depended on in the clutch - that said - it is time for a big target - I don't care so much for numbered labels, but a 3rd receiver that improves the catching radius for Ben is just fine by me.

If we can keep Cotchery and see Wheaton emerge plus a big target WR - we're solid enough to be a top 10 offense. Got to find a TE of the future with Miller going into the last year of his contract (this might be great timing as Miller is aging but also playing for his next payday - I expect a bounceback from HEEEEAAAATH).

It also can't be understated that we do need someone behind Bell - if Dwyer can maintain his upswing and be a short yardage guy that'll help big time.

Ben has my blessing after witnessing his command of the field this season. With Haley's scheme and always wanting to be a part of his dad's Steelers) and Kirby staying on this might finally be a beautiful situation. Better head game than with Arians while Ben getting to do more of what he wants (and now he has earned that right - too bad they didn't try to make him play with his head more right after the 09 season)

Ben - check
Brown - check
Bell - check
Cotchery - hopefully check - we really need his dependability and vet presence
TE - hopefully check for the long haul and Heath stays healthy - wouldn't hurt to work in #46 more too
O-line - FINALLY - keeping Velasco and Wallace would make my 2014 - that would be some quality depth - you can thank the Steelers FO for having the opportunity to have this rare gems - also see Beachum who is quickly becoming a favorite of mine
#3 - Wheaton emerges / big target (hopefully) - Moye for depth - hopefully he can pick it up and show more flashes - I have a feeling we might see another guy who can play ST though

Defense is the bigger question mark for once - kind of refreshing to see us win our last 3 with all those question marks
Steelersfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steelersfan1 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-05-2014)