Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #21
Steelstoned1972
UNLEASHING HELL SINCE '72
Supporter

Member Number: 16903
Thanked 2,614 Times in 1,529 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic
Default Re: On the Steelers: Defense could face another bad year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
The defense is gonna be terrible next year unless Jarvis Jones and Shamarko Thomas magically become James Harrison and Troy 2.0, which they may with time but I wouldn't expect it next year by any means.

This is why I'm in favor of Watkins/Evans in round 1, yes the defense needs a TON of help but no matter what we do on D it won't be fixed next year or even the year after that, and those are valuable years of Ben's waning career. We shouldn't exactly mortgage the future for the present but we definitely need to start thinking a bit more about a "win now" approach and a game-breaking WR could put the offense over the top immediately and make up for the shortcomings of our defense. That's not to say draft a WR at all costs but it shouldn't be ignored just because we have so many defensive needs.
I like your thinking. The defense isn't going to magically catch fire over night . Get the can't miss , game breaker on O and add solid guys that can excel in our defensive system.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
harrison'samonster (01-05-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 02:56 AM   #22
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Whatever happens.with vets staying or leaving this defense needs a new aggressive scheme. Its kind of obvious that we suck in the turnover department but whenever we release a player in the secondary he signs with abother team and records more ints in one season than he did with all four seasons or more with pitt. Or hell go out and record more ints than any starter in pitts secondary. This scheme needs a overhaul big time. This bend.but dont break philosohy is deteriorating quickly.and. seems to beeak a lot more than in years past. Offenses are on to it and qbs just arent making the mistakes like they used to and the scheme also doesnt put our men into position enough to make big plays resulting in turnovers. Its.got.to go. Its time for a new philosophy . Lets bring back an aggressive defense that compliments our offense and puts us back .500.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:45 AM   #23
Steelersfan1
Water Boy

Member Number: 25703

it would be helpful for was a defensive player for sure. But they have to take the best player possible in the first round almost regardless of position. They need play makes a difference me badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
The defense is gonna be terrible next year unless Jarvis Jones and Shamarko Thomas magically become James Harrison and Troy 2.0, which they may with time but I wouldn't expect it next year by any means.

This is why I'm in favor of Watkins/Evans in round 1, yes the defense needs a TON of help but no matter what we do on D it won't be fixed next year or even the year after that, and those are valuable years of Ben's waning career. We shouldn't exactly mortgage the future for the present but we definitely need to start thinking a bit more about a "win now" approach and a game-breaking WR could put the offense over the top immediately and make up for the shortcomings of our defense. That's not to say draft a WR at all costs but it shouldn't be ignored just because we have so many defensive needs.
Steelersfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote