Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2014, 07:28 AM   #91
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,222
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 22,042
Thanked 23,347 Times in 9,518 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarines View Post
no one ever said if ike is retained with a lower salary, that he has to be the #1 corner. with cortez looking better through the season, he is probably ready for that #1 spot! to have ike and gay and a newly drafted rookie fight out for the #2 and nickle spot, sounds good to me! IKE IS NOT A SAFETY!
2014:
Allen, Ike, Gay, rookie, rookie

2015:
Allen, year 2, year 2, rookie
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
emarines (01-31-2014), harrison'samonster (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #92
jtbsteeler
Team Captain
 
jtbsteeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 669
Member Number: 18760
Thanks: 174
Thanked 239 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

There's still guys like Isiah Green and Devin Smith who will be competing. They must really like both of them after cutting them and bringing them back a few times.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:08 PM   #93
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,008
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,183
Thanked 11,194 Times in 4,624 Posts
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

We're stuck. He production has declined immensely over the last couple of seasons, but we have absolutely no depth after Gay. If we let Ike go, we're going to have to double dip at CB this year at the very least. It's not even completely silly to have a scenario like this play out:

1. Darqueze Dennard
2. Ed Reynolds
3. Pierre Desir
4. Antone Exum
4. Kelcy Quarles
5. Aaron Colvin

4 CBs in the first 6. That's not drafting BPA, that's drafting for the gaping hole in our secondary at CB and S. If we're playing odds, at least one of Desir, Exum or Colvin will be a hit. This is what happens when you invest more than half of your defensive cap into three guys, two of whom may not even be on this team next season. Unless we get a quality free agent, there's either rookies starting this year or next year in our backfield - pick your poison.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
teegre (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #94
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,222
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 22,042
Thanked 23,347 Times in 9,518 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
We're stuck. He production has declined immensely over the last couple of seasons, but we have absolutely no depth after Gay. If we let Ike go, we're going to have to double dip at CB this year at the very least. It's not even completely silly to have a scenario like this play out:

1. Darqueze Dennard
2. Ed Reynolds
3. Pierre Desir
4. Antone Exum
4. Kelcy Quarles
5. Aaron Colvin

4 CBs in the first 6. That's not drafting BPA, that's drafting for the gaping hole in our secondary at CB and S. If we're playing odds, at least one of Desir, Exum or Colvin will be a hit. This is what happens when you invest more than half of your defensive cap into three guys, two of whom may not even be on this team next season. Unless we get a quality free agent, there's either rookies starting this year or next year in our backfield - pick your poison.
In another thread, I had posted about drafting 4 DBs (3 CBs & a FS) in the first five picks. So, Yes, I see it as a possibility.

That said, I foresee 3 DBs... (and Ike will move to the #2 CB spot).
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #95
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,008
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,183
Thanked 11,194 Times in 4,624 Posts
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
In another thread, I had posted about drafting 4 DBs (3 CBs & a FS) in the first five picks. So, Yes, I see it as a possibility.

That said, I foresee 3 DBs... (and Ike will move to the #2 CB spot).
Definitely. If Ike is back on this team, he has to cut that cap hit in half. For arguments sake, let's say he doesn't agree to this and we're forced to release him outright (a very, very, very unlikely scenario due to your reasoning of how close Ike is with the Rooney's) drafting 3 CBs would almost become a necessity. Here's the kicker though: we couldn't draft a CB in the later rounds, it'd have to be 3 in the first 5-6 picks to acquire a starting caliber guy.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:21 PM   #96
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,222
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 22,042
Thanked 23,347 Times in 9,518 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Definitely. If Ike is back on this team, he has to cut that cap hit in half. For arguments sake, let's say he doesn't agree to this and we're forced to release him outright (a very, very, very unlikely scenario due to your reasoning of how close Ike is with the Rooney's) drafting 3 CBs would almost become a necessity. Here's the kicker though: we couldn't draft a CB in the later rounds, it'd have to be 3 in the first 5-6 picks to acquire a starting caliber guy.
Yep.

My thinking was (and I know that you don't like the NT idea; so replace him with Mosley):

R1. NT
R2. CB/FS
R3. FS/CB
R4. CB
R5. CB
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #97
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,008
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,183
Thanked 11,194 Times in 4,624 Posts
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Yep.

My thinking was (and I know that you don't like the NT idea; so replace him with Mosley):

R1. NT
R2. CB/FS
R3. FS/CB
R4. CB
R5. CB
Two fourth round picks big guy.

I'd like that draft though definitely. Also, the more and more I've read/seen/heard, Mosley isn't going to be there at 15. Because of that, I'm gonna take a hard look at Kony Ealy at 15 to pair with Jarvis.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:42 PM   #98
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,222
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 22,042
Thanked 23,347 Times in 9,518 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Two fourth round picks big guy.

I'd like that draft though definitely. Also, the more and more I've read/seen/heard, Mosley isn't going to be there at 15. Because of that, I'm gonna take a hard look at Kony Ealy at 15 to pair with Jarvis.
OLB: What about Dee Ford in R2?
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #99
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,008
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,183
Thanked 11,194 Times in 4,624 Posts
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
OLB: What about Dee Ford in R2?
If he performs at the combine like he did at the Senior Bowl, he's going 25 - 40.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:46 PM   #100
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,222
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 22,042
Thanked 23,347 Times in 9,518 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
If he performs at the combine like he did at the Senior Bowl, he's going 25 - 40.
I hope that he falls down.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (01-31-2014)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts