Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2014 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-07-2014, 11:40 PM   #1
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279
Default Greg Robinson

Love this OT from Auburn!! Enjoyed watching him maul Alabama and Florida st defensive front. Wouldn't be mad about this pick at #15.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989
Default Re: Greg Robinson

My favorite LT in this years draft. The tape on him is fantastic.

Great athlete, good size and fights with leverage. Great bend and quick feet. He has a pretty nasty side to his run blocking. It will be interesting to see if they get a new OL coach and what scheme they will continue to employ. If this was the pick at 15 we'd be set on the left for years to come. He's still raw in some of his technique but with good coaching it's all correctable. That said his ceiling is sky high, I was nothing but impressed with him against some of the best competition in CFB. I hope he declares,
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devin7558 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-16-2014), Steelstoned1972 (01-16-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 01:51 AM   #3
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin7558 View Post
My favorite LT in this years draft. The tape on him is fantastic.

Great athlete, good size and fights with leverage. Great bend and quick feet. He has a pretty nasty side to his run blocking. It will be interesting to see if they get a new OL coach and what scheme they will continue to employ. If this was the pick at 15 we'd be set on the left for years to come. He's still raw in some of his technique but with good coaching it's all correctable. That said his ceiling is sky high, I was nothing but impressed with him against some of the best competition in CFB. I hope he declares,
This is exactly why I don't want him, or any first round OT except MAYBE Matthews. We already have two "raw but talented guys who will be good with coaching" on the roster at OT, plus a third tackle who doesn't pass the eye test but was nothing but solid. If our coaching can't get them to be even half-decent at LT, it's not going to get yet another raw prospect there either, and if the new coach IS good enough, then we shouldn't need to spend another pick on one anyway.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989

I think Robinson is way more athletic than both Adams and gilbert. They both have slow feet and can't handle the edge speed rushers.

Robinson is raw more in terms of scheme concepts, angles, and using his hands. I think if he had one more season under his belt he would easily surpass Matthews as the top tackle.

I'm not huge on taking another OT high but I wouldn't be completely dissapointed if Robinson was the pick.
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devin7558 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

There is no way you pass up on Robinson

We all Love Beachum , but he wasn't really "Solid" ... he left up what 7 sacks in 7 games ... What made him look better then he was , was Ben actually improving his play and getting rid of the ball faster

Robinson would greatly improve the running game yr 1 , and do the same good of job in pass protection

I'm not on the draft an Oline , actually i'm against it ... but if Robinson feel to 15 which he won't or at least shouldn't ... you take him
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrunn For This Useful Post:
Steel Glory (01-23-2014)