Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2014 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
bthorn86
Water Boy

Member Number: 16961
Default My (Sportsagentblog's) 2-round, in-depth Mock

All but the final four teams are locked into their draft positions, so let’s make sense of what direction each team should go in and why. This list is compiled of seniors and eligible underclassmen – including the officially and unofficially declared players. I, Brandon Thorn, will be providing constant updates all the way up until the draft starts May 8, 2014.

15. Pittsburgh (8-8) – CB Darqueze Dennard – Michigan State – Agent: Chafie Fields (Lagardere Unlimited): Pittsburgh has ignored their secondary for too long and has to bring in a young, impactful starter particularly at the corner position. Ike Taylor has been serviceable but has hung around for what seems like way too long and at 34-years old next season could easily be cut. Behind him are players that have no business being a No. 1 corner. Enter Dennard, a player in the mold of a Steelers’ player if there ever was one. Dennard won the Thorpe Award this season with his aggressive, blanket-coverage and was the best defensive player on the best defense in the nation. Steeler nation wants the defense to regain their aggressive, suffocating style and Dennard would be a catalyst for just that...http://sportsagentblog.com/2013/12/1...fl-mock-draft/
bthorn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bthorn86 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 11:47 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,735 Times in 4,693 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: My (Sportsagentblog's) 2-round, in-depth Mock

Thanks! Excellent work, I wouldn't be upset with this pick at all.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
Pitt15
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24848
Default Re: My (Sportsagentblog's) 2-round, in-depth Mock

By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst
Entering the week, my top defensive tackle prospect participating this week was Louisiana Tech DT Justin Ellis (6-2, 351) and he hasn't disappointed so far. He used his active hands and quick feet to beat blockers during drills, putting spin moves on Oklahoma's Gabe Ikard and also steamrolling him on a few occasions. To no surprise, Ellis weighed in as the heaviest prospect here at 351 pounds and he uses that girth well to bully blockers and surge through the line of scrimmage.

I am liking this kid as a day 2 prospect.
Pitt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pitt15 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-15-2014)