Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,748 Times in 2,657 Posts
Default Re: Tom Brady = choker. Cant win the big game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Best career post season winning percentage.
Ummm ... No

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_sta...layoff_records

Most wins but more games to play

Bart Starr (5 championships) was 9-1

Bradshaw (4 rings), Montana (4 rings), Ben, and Eli (2-0 in Super Bowls) beat Brady in winning %
Buddha Bus (01-21-2014), harrison'samonster (01-20-2014), NSMaster56 (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,748 Times in 2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Best career post season winning percentage. Most post season wins for a player in NFL history. 3 Super Bowl titles.
And a pompous jackass - never forget - nobody is as classy as the Patriots

It took Tom Brady a moment to respond, but when he did, it was clear he’s not sure Richard Sherman’s brashness would play well in the Patriots locker room.

During his appearance on WEEI this morning, Brady was played the Sherman post-game remarks, and he didn’t immediately respond.

“I don’t know him at all,” Brady said, via Phil Perry of CSNNE.com. “I’ve watched him play. He’s that kind of guy so . . . you know . . . I approach the game and I have respect for my opponents. That’s the way our team always plays.

“We win with graciousness, when we lose we could do better. Some teams don’t always do that or that’s not their program.”

But having gotten an earful of Sherman himself in the past, Brady said there’s only one way to handle it.

“Look, they advanced,” Brady said. “The only way to counter that is to beat them. When you don’t win . . . You just gotta shut your mouth and listen to it. When you get an opportunity down the road, maybe that’s a source of motivation.”.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-graciousness/

Brady's coach trashes a former teammate so Brady calls out Sherman - WTF is Brady doing commenting on the NFC championship?

This holier than thou attitude is why the Pats are so despised
Buddha Bus (01-21-2014), fansince'76 (01-20-2014), LambertWardSteel (01-20-2014), NSMaster56 (01-20-2014), pczach (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #13
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,258 Times in 2,974 Posts
My Mood: Goofy

This is too awesome, even if some of the criticism seems a little too much. This guy has been getting his balls massaged by the media for 13 years.

So he doesn't have elite receivers right now. Welcome to everyone else's world. He got extra credit when he had the two best receiving TE in football in Hernandez and Gronk, Wes Welker, or Randy Moss. Those so-called shitty receivers he has were running wide open more than a few times and he flat out missed gimme throws for touchdowns or huge plays.

There's not a quarterback in the NFL that wouldn't kill for the offensive line he's gotten to play behind his entire career.

So maybe he had a boo boo on his hand. Tough shit! Ben has played games barely able to walk and has to listen to criticism and bullshit from everywhere, while simultaneously being questioned and doubted as an elite quarterback. Why should this crybaby get a pass.

And let's not even try to question that Brady and a select few other quarterbacks play under a different set of protection rules than every other quarterback has to play under. This isn't make believe. This is something we've all seen with our own eyes over the years. He just starts crying and pleading to the officials for a penalty, and here comes the flag. Just graze his knees and he has a damn fit on the field. Yellow laundry everywhere.

Everyone talks about David Tyree's catch in the Super Bowl denying him his fourth ring.

We already saw the Tuck Rule in full bloom lead to a ring.

In Pittsburgh, we all saw them beat the Steelers with a blocked field goal returned for a touchdown and a 90 yard punt return in the same game.

We saw Drew Bledsoe come in and win a game Brady lost against the Steelers. We saw it. Please people. I've watched every Steelers game for the last 43 years, and I've watched a ton of football. I witnessed all of this, and I know many here did as well.

We know they cheated for an edge with Spygate. Anybody can say anything they want to try to dismiss it. Belichick wouldn't be doing it if it didn't give him an advantage. That's just common sense.

Sorry man....no sympathy here for Brady. He deserves as much crap to come his way as anybody else. He's led a charmed life. He's won a bunch of important games in questionable ways and with poor performances by him. Now he's been losing a bunch of games with questionable performances by him.

If you're willing to take the credit and the glory when you win, you sure as hell better be able to take it when you lose.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-21-2014), harrison'samonster (01-20-2014), Lady Steel (01-21-2014), LambertWardSteel (01-20-2014), NSMaster56 (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #14
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
And a pompous jackass - never forget - nobody is as classy as the Patriots

It took Tom Brady a moment to respond, but when he did, it was clear he’s not sure Richard Sherman’s brashness would play well in the Patriots locker room.

During his appearance on WEEI this morning, Brady was played the Sherman post-game remarks, and he didn’t immediately respond.

“I don’t know him at all,” Brady said, via Phil Perry of CSNNE.com. “I’ve watched him play. He’s that kind of guy so . . . you know . . . I approach the game and I have respect for my opponents. That’s the way our team always plays.

“We win with graciousness, when we lose we could do better. Some teams don’t always do that or that’s not their program.”

But having gotten an earful of Sherman himself in the past, Brady said there’s only one way to handle it.

“Look, they advanced,” Brady said. “The only way to counter that is to beat them. When you don’t win . . . You just gotta shut your mouth and listen to it. When you get an opportunity down the road, maybe that’s a source of motivation.”.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-graciousness/

Brady's coach trashes a former teammate so Brady calls out Sherman - WTF is Brady doing commenting on the NFC championship?

This holier than thou attitude is why the Pats are so despised
He didn't have a problem with Randy Moss and doesn't with Talib. But yes this is why I hate Brady and the Pats. They try to act as if they're above "it" but yet they are unclassy too. Did Tommy forget about his teammates inviting Giants to their SB parties. The Pats are phonies and it starts with Brady himself. I'd love to see him play with a crappy oline and be "humble."

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (01-20-2014), Buddha Bus (01-21-2014), Lady Steel (01-21-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
We win with graciousness...

Riiiiiight...

And I won't mention Deion Branch's antics after the 2004 AFCCG...
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fansince'76 For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (01-20-2014), Atlanta Dan (01-20-2014), GMU Steeler (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #16
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Riiiiiight...

And I won't mention Deion Branch's antics after the 2004 AFCCG...
Or the many times Belichick went for it on 4th down with a big lead. Win all you want Brady but stfu about Sherman.

GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Or the many times Belichick went for it on 4th down with a big lead. Win all you want Brady but stfu about Sherman.
They've been poor winners and sore losers for years. And I'm glad they got their collective shit pushed in again in a big game.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fansince'76 For This Useful Post:
GMU Steeler (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,272 Times in 1,397 Posts

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (01-20-2014), Lady Steel (01-21-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #19
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,506 Posts

These sort of over simplified narratives are annoying.

@SteelersCanada has it right that most of this talk sounds like bitter fans discussing sour grapes.

While it's true that the Pats haven't won a Championship since 'Spygate', they've made two Super Bowls and came within a play of winning either. They also have made, what? another three AFC Championship games?

The early 00 Pats caught a few breaks en route to one title, but also had vastly different personnel from what they do now. The fact that they win their division (and usually have a BYE) every year speaks to their undeniable talent.

I admit that I am tired of New England, annoyed that they play in such an easy division and do enjoy seeing them lose, but to label their QB who has won three titles a 'choker' is a gross and unreasonable misuse of the word.

He may be a whiny little bitch, but he's not a 'choker'.

Only someone with no understanding of the English language (and/or context) would call Tom Brady a 'choker'.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
Colorado Steel (01-23-2014), fer522 (01-20-2014), pczach (01-21-2014), SteelersCanada (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #20
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Game manager! He needs a running game and D to win! Haha I'm kind of kidding but Brady is overrated somewhat in my book. He can't play with D pressure and I do think he's benefited and also been weakened by soft schedules.

This is pretty much it.

Much like Dan Marino's achilles injury destroyed what was left of his meager maneuverability, the knee injury Brady sustained in 2008 killed his [pocket] confidence.

He really hasn't been the same QB since, and who can blame him?

The 'ravages of age' have also hindered his arm strength (Peyton, too), but he's smart enough to know how to adjust for that (Peyton, too).

When that pass rush starts coming though, Brady gets 'happy feet', hears footsteps and can't keep that 'cool' demeanor he was revered for pre-injury.

It's a testament to his talent/intelligence that he got so far this year without his best three receiving threats from last year (Gronk/Hernandez/Welker), but he's clearly not going to win another title without some similar threats as those three guys.

He's too old to win games on his own pure athletic ability anymore and he's taken too many hits to be that cocky/cool/controlled young stud who shakes off fear and wills teams to win (or at least for an entire season).

Just like all aging QBs (Elway, Favre, Peyton...) he will need help to try and get that one last title.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (01-20-2014)