Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #31
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts
Default Re: Tom Brady = choker. Cant win the big game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
The Patriots were a complete team. They also had dick all on offense from, really, '01 - '07 when he got Randy.
So when Brady was most successful he was a game manager but when he became a fantasy football god (like Peyton with the Colts) he was pedestrian in terms of postseason success
Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #32
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,690 Times in 4,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
while your busy explaining how brady turned water into wine , lets not forget how weak the AFC collectively was this year. brady has historically had his nuts slurped on for making average receivers look like all pro's ... ya can't have it both ways.
I don't buy that for a couple of reasons. One, Peyton is getting much deserved attention for his spectacular season, but do we put an asterisk next to it because he plays some of the worst secondaries in football in the AFC West? If we do, do we have to double asterisk it because the Broncos had the easiest schedule in the NFL this season? It's a where does it stop kind of thing.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #33
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
I don't buy that for a couple of reasons. One, Peyton is getting much deserved attention for his spectacular season, but do we put an asterisk next to it because he plays some of the worst secondaries in football in the AFC West? If we do, do we have to double asterisk it because the Broncos had the easiest schedule in the NFL this season? It's a where does it stop kind of thing.
Arguing strength of the competition probably is not advisable given that Brady has played in AAA ball in the AFC East
Buddha Bus (01-21-2014), LambertWardSteel (01-21-2014), SteelersCanada (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #34
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
So when Brady was most successful he was a game manager but when he became a fantasy football god (like Peyton with the Colts) he was pedestrian in terms of postseason success
To an extent. You have to remember though that '01 was Brady's second season. That's like saying Roethlisberger was best when he was a game manager in his second season as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Arguing strength of the competition probably is not advisable given that Brady has played in AAA ball in the AFC East
This is exactly my point though - where does it stop? I mean, if we're taking into account absolutely everything, you could very easily argue that Brady's '07 season was much more impressive than Peyton's this season. He had Moss, but he didn't have 5 legitimate receivers, 4 of whom would be at the very least a number 2 receiver on 31 other football teams. That's why I don't buy it. People need to see greatness and accept it for what it is - greatness.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #35
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,825 Times in 4,478 Posts

Quote:
Wait a minute... mid season you were practically calling the chiefs defense the best thingsince the sSeattle seahawks.

Brady is a choker.

Every year since 2006. It doesn't matter what talent he has around him. He can't win the big game.

Don't be afraid to admit it. Any friend who calls you a hater isn't a friend at all.

Manning's, flacco or any other qb who is experienced owns Brady. The chargers would a smacked his ass raw at home had they advanced.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #36
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Wait a minute... mid season you were practically calling the chiefs defense the best thingsince the sSeattle seahawks.
I wasn't talking about Kansas City. They played Oakland and San Diego twice this year. They also played Jacksonville, Houston and Tennessee.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #37
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
To an extent. You have to remember though that '01 was Brady's second season. That's like saying Roethlisberger was best when he was a game manager in his second season as well.

This is exactly my point though - where does it stop? I mean, if we're taking into account absolutely everything, you could very easily argue that Brady's '07 season was much more impressive than Peyton's this season. He had Moss, but he didn't have 5 legitimate receivers, 4 of whom would be at the very least a number 2 receiver on 31 other football teams. That's why I don't buy it. People need to see greatness and accept it for what it is - greatness.
No doubt Brady is great

But he was only at his best with an excellent supporting cast

It is like Elway, who only won it all when he could hand off to Terrell Davis

Dan Marino was the stat king of his day but only got one Super Bowl appearance because he did not have a D or a running game
NSMaster56 (01-20-2014), SteelersCanada (01-20-2014), zcoop (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #38
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,825 Times in 4,478 Posts

Brady chokes with moss, welker, Hernandez, groin, amendola, or any other slot smurf he plays with.

Since 2006 they always have a 12-4 record or better.

The common denominator is him choking in the big game unless he is playing vs a qb with tons less experience.

Must be nice playing geno smith every year. The AFC east is like having 3 browns in your division.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #39
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,803 Posts

Quote:

perhaps you should go back and compare denvers receiver stats , before and after manning arrived. they weren't exactly household names.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
LambertWardSteel (01-21-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #40
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
perhaps you should go back and compare denvers receiver stats , before and after manning arrived. they weren't exactly household names.
They played with Tebow?