Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #151
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 4,232 Times in 1,881 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben or Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Elite QB's of the last 14 years. Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers. Thats it. Big Ben is 2nd tier.
You forgot to include Flacco and Tebow as 'elite', but otherwise you're correct.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #152
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,863 Times in 3,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I can't believe some of us are calling a 3 time SB champion a choker.

Ben is good but he's not Brady/Peyton/Rodgers/Brees good but I'd rank him just after those 4.
I play fantasy football too.

Playoff results don't count in my league either.

Anyways it was great watching your 3x SB hero choke once again in the playoffs last weekend.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #153
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,419 Times in 4,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Another angry person has entered the fray. What a well crafted post you put together. Par for the course, right?

Aren't you the one who evaluated jones' strength based on one play instead of an entire season?
Nope, I gave you an example. Sound it out now, ex-am-ple. I know, it's a toughy.

Quote:
Weren't you also saying that Harrison's production has gone down, but you totally disregard he didn't start and wasnt involved in nearly as many plays as years before. He was also playing in a 4-3. So you tell me, how would a player's stats improve with far less playing time?
I'm so happy you said this. Words cannot express my joy. Thank you.

So, he chose to sign with a 4-3 team and it's the Bengals fault his production went down? Harrison and his complete lack of production and eye-popping average play was because of his scheme and not at all because of his age or multiple surgeries? Is this a joke? Am I on Punk'd?

Where's Ashton?

Quote:
So who are the OLBs next season? So far you have said that keeping Woodley is cheaper. Hmmm...I thought saving 8 mil in cap was better than losing 14 mil.

You are right. Some of my ideas are correct. Like start Worilds on the left and let Woodley walk instead of handing him that cap-killing contract he will never live up to.
We only save 8 million if we cut Woodley after June 1st. We have to eat his cap until that date anyway, which doesn't in any way, shape or form help us sign Worilds. If we release him prior to June 1st, it's more expensive than to just keep him.

I was advocating bringing back Harrison at vet minimum and to play behind Jarvis. I've said this more than once. If he's given any more than either of these things, be it a bigger hit on the cap or more playing time, I'm against it. Or are you going to tell me that Harrison can contribute what an actual OLB does because apparently there's more to playing OLB than sealing the edge, tackles and sacks.

Quote:
Also, I wasn't being a dick. Would you rather I call him asshole 30+ times and randomly go off babbling about male genitalia..lol? I love the double standards you set it's obvious discussing football is not your buddy's forte. Thanking posts is what appears he is good at. I mean come on, thanking over 27,000 people...lol.

So are you here to discuss the thread or takeover the profanity hurling department from your buddy...lol?
Shoe fits, right?

It really sucks reading a post that's full of condescending dickishness, doesn't it? Ya, that's what it looks like the past 8 pages. Shit is lame, right?
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #154
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

You can't go wrong with either one. I won't take Brady over Ben for the Steelers. But I also won't take Ben over Brady if Brady is a Steeler.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kan_t For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #155
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 8,612 Times in 3,414 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
I play fantasy football too.

Playoff results don't count in my league either.

Anyways it was great watching your 3x SB hero choke once again in the playoffs last weekend.
Tony, people that don't pay attention are hilarious to me. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady are all great quarterbacks, but to put them far above everyone else is just silly.

Manning has a horrible playoff record with a laundry list of #1 seeds wasted and riddled with poor performances. Ben's playoff record is far better than Peyton Manning's, even though Manning has played on the higher seed and with home field advantage nearly every year he has been in the playoffs

Brees is a great quarterback in dome conditions and home field advantage, but is mediocre away from his dome. His team averaged just over 17 points per game on the road this year. Not exactly elite for a guy playing with tons of offensive talent all over the field.

Rodgers has been statistically incredible, but although he has won a Super Bowl, he also has a bunch of one and done showings in the playoffs.

Brady has been living off of his past glories for years now. He compiles stats and points in the regular season, while struggling to score points in the playoffs. Hasn't won a Super Bowl in a decade, and coming up shorter and shorter in big spots on a yearly basis.

The people that think Ben isn't in their class either don't know the things I just listed above, or they choose to ignore the facts for a multitude of reasons that are hard to understand. The people that would take any of the other quarterbacks over Ben without hesitation don't seem to understand that there is a difference between a Sunday afternoon game in October, and a playoff game in January. They look at the stats and immediately jump to the conclusion that Ben isn't as good. He's 10-4 in the post season. He has been to 3 Super Bowls and has lost just 4 post season games.

Not bad for a second tier quarterback.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-24-2014), fansince'76 (01-23-2014), harrison'samonster (01-23-2014), LambertWardSteel (01-23-2014), NSMaster56 (01-25-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #156
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,050 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
The people that think Ben isn't in their class either don't know the things I just listed above, or they choose to ignore the facts for a multitude of reasons that are hard to understand.
Because he's never going to win a fantasy football league for anyone and ESPN/NFL Network aren't on his nuts 24x7x365. That's pretty much the bottom line.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fansince'76 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-23-2014), NSMaster56 (01-25-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #157
blackngold8766
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25200
My Mood: Amused

good lord, that was a lot of back and forth I finally finished. Kinda like war and peace.

My take away,
Harrison, thank you for the 27,000 thanks
Brady is far from a choker...using term used to describe an elite athlete is inaccurate regardless how they perform. IMO
I love BB, would not trade him for anyone. He has certain skills that no other qb has. At the same time Brady is pretty darn good and his wife is smoking hot.
blackngold8766 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blackngold8766 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-24-2014), harrison'samonster (01-23-2014), NSMaster56 (01-25-2014), pczach (01-24-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #158
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,653 Times in 3,929 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold8766 View Post
good lord, that was a lot of back and forth I finally finished. Kinda like war and peace.

My take away,
Harrison, thank you for the 27,000 thanks
Brady is far from a choker...using term used to describe an elite athlete is inaccurate regardless how they perform. IMO
I love BB, would not trade him for anyone. He has certain skills that no other qb has. At the same time Brady is pretty darn good and his wife is smoking hot.
Thanks! There are a lot of great posters with a lot of great things to say.
blackngold8766 (01-24-2014), Buddha Bus (01-24-2014), NSMaster56 (01-25-2014), pczach (01-24-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #159
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

BB!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to austinfrench76 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #160
LambertWardSteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11433

Ben. Give me a QB who can take a cheap shot to the nose, bleed all over the front of his jersey, then play out and win a crucial divisional game with a crooked nose. To me brady is not a Steeler QB...he's the type Lambert was referring to putting into a skirt. Manning needs to win next week to tie Ben for SB victories. They'll both be 1 behind brady at that point, but Ben has some years left and likely passes them both.
LambertWardSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LambertWardSteel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-24-2014), harrison'samonster (01-23-2014), pczach (01-24-2014)