Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #161
CNEW
Starter

Member Number: 25021
Default Re: Big Ben or Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Brees is good but take him out of that dome and see how "elite" he is.
I wouldnt go that far. He wouldnt still put up crazy numbers if that was the case. But his physical limitations are pretty evident every time you watch him play.

I would probably agree that they're the type of team that absolutely needs home games during the playoffs though, or they'll fail every time. Do I feel the same way for Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Ben? No, I dont.
CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNEW For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 AM   #162
CNEW
Starter

Member Number: 25021

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Elite QB's of the last 14 years. Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers. Thats it. Big Ben is 2nd tier.
My first post here was comparing Big Ben's first 9 years in the league to Manning and Brady's first 9 years, and the efficiency stats were pretty damn even. Where Ben lacks in numbers are all volume statistics, which means he's been on an offense that doesnt throw the ball enough for him to ever be legitimately compared to the four you listed. When I find the time, I'll add Rodgers and Brees to the mix and we'll see how Ben stacks up statistically.

From a pure eyeball test, I would say he's definitely on their level.
CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CNEW For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-24-2014), NSMaster56 (01-25-2014), pczach (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 12:13 AM   #163
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I can't believe some of us are calling a 3 time SB champion a choker.

Ben is good but he's not Brady/Peyton/Rodgers/Brees good but I'd rank him just after those 4.
I rank Brady, Peyton, Rodgers above Ben but I'm not sure about Brees. IMO they are at the same tier. In Dome, definitely go with Brees. In out-door game, definitely go with Ben.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kan_t For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 01:16 AM   #164
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Nope, I gave you an example. Sound it out now, ex-am-ple. I know, it's a toughy.

And by example you mean that play, right? So out of the 16-game season the only play(example) you could drum up was a LT tripping over the LG? See how play and example are synonymous? Come on now, sound it out...syn·on·y·mous. So your impression of Jones is he already has the strength? Jones was quoted as saying "“I’ve got to get big and strong, man,”

I'm so happy you said this. Words cannot express my joy. Thank you.

So, he chose to sign with a 4-3 team and it's the Bengals fault his production went down? Harrison and his complete lack of production and eye-popping average play was because of his scheme and not at all because of his age or multiple surgeries? Is this a joke? Am I on Punk'd?

Did I say age and surgeries haven't slowed him? Yes or no? If you reduce a player's field time then whose fault would it be other than the coaches? So you are claiming you watched every Bengals' game? You didn't answer my prior question. I'll ask it again. How would a player's stats improve with far less playing time?

We only save 8 million if we cut Woodley after June 1st. We have to eat his cap until that date anyway, which doesn't in any way, shape or form help us sign Worilds. If we release him prior to June 1st, it's more expensive than to just keep him.

Obviously he would be cut after June 1st. Worilds will most likely go to the highest bidder. Woodley is overrated by so many. Each and every time one tries to compliment him they say, "He has some sacks", but never anything else...lol. What good would it do to keep a 14 million cap hit for an OLB who does little?

I was advocating bringing back Harrison at vet minimum and to play behind Jarvis. I've said this more than once. If he's given any more than either of these things, be it a bigger hit on the cap or more playing time, I'm against it. Or are you going to tell me that Harrison can contribute what an actual OLB does because apparently there's more to playing OLB than sealing the edge, tackles and sacks.

I wasn't advocating bringing back Harrison for a large contract. Where is the OLB depth? Carter? If I remember correctly when Harrison came back from his surgery the Steelers defense steadily improved/stabilzed as he became healthier. Harrison can contribute just as much as Woodley and at a cheaper price. Don't get upset at me because you people think all an OLB does is rush the passer...lol. So if Jones struggles and Harrison performs well you are against it resulting in more playing time for Harrison?

Shoe fits, right?

It really sucks reading a post that's full of condescending dickishness, doesn't it? Ya, that's what it looks like the past 8 pages. Shit is lame, right?

What condescending posts? I gave an opinion. Your pal, who most likely messaged you to take over his rant, became upset and accused me of posting something I did not. I merely asked him a question regarding it. He became more upset and decided to throw a profanity laced tantrum through the thread. It's not my fault he is unable to answer a simple question or control his emotions. That's ok though. That was predicted. He attacked another poster before me because he didn't like that he chose Brady over BR. Yes, Harrisonsmonster's posts were lame, I agree. Would you rather I call him asshole 30+ times and randomly go off babbling about male genitalia? Why no comment on your double standards?
...What next? More insults like dick...lol?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:45 AM   #165
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,634 Times in 3,116 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Thanks! There are a lot of great posters with a lot of great things to say.
Shut up and stop thanking me!

pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (01-24-2014), FanSince72 (01-24-2014), harrison'samonster (01-24-2014), steelersfan77 (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #166
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,982 Times in 8,009 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
So far you have said that keeping Woodley is cheaper. Hmmm...I thought saving 8 mil in cap was better than losing 14 mil.
Just to clarify the Woodley situation.

It would save a total of about $500,000.

If he's cut now, it's a $14 cap hit now. If he's cut after June 1st, that $14 million can be split into $8 million this year, and $6 million next year.

(I fully expect him to be cut June 2nd.)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (01-24-2014), Buddha Bus (01-24-2014), harrison'samonster (01-24-2014), pczach (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #167
HardenedSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 25264

I have only read the first few pages of this but here are some more stats to consider:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...gers-tony-romo

(I know it is a Dallas blog, but I found the statistics interesting.)
HardenedSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardenedSteel For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-24-2014), NSMaster56 (01-25-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #168
gloydfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 18821

I love the Steelers. Watched every game they've played for past 30 years. But, only a Steelers fan would say Ben is better than Brady. Some people argue Brady is the best qb to ever play the game. I have never heard anyone say that about Ben. Ben is tough, I will give him that and possibly a better choice behind a crappy line because of his physicality, but that doesn't mean his cerebral aspect of the game and accuracy would surpass Brady just because he has a little more time. By the way, I hate Brady! But I'll give credit where credit is due. The man is good... Doesn't mean I have to like him though.
gloydfan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gloydfan For This Useful Post:
OliverPoop (01-25-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #169
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,982 Times in 8,009 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloydfan View Post
Some people argue Brady is the best qb to ever play the game. I have never heard anyone say that about Ben.
Popular opinion does not necessarily equal factually correct.

Ask Galileo.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-24-2014), LambertWardSteel (01-24-2014), NSMaster56 (01-25-2014), pczach (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #170
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,132 Times in 508 Posts

harrison'samonster (01-24-2014), NSMaster56 (01-25-2014), pczach (01-24-2014), teegre (01-24-2014), vasteeler (01-24-2014)