Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #11
GMU Steeler
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,042
Member Number: 16173
Thanks: 47
Thanked 922 Times in 486 Posts
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

I'll name three Steelers I like, three non-Steelers I like, and 3 non-Steelers I dislike to make this easier.
Three Steelers
1.) Antonio Brown- Great work ethic, makes big plays, and I am so glad we kept him over Mike Wallace.

2.) Troy Polamalu- So fun to watch and another great guy on and off the field.

3.) Brett Keisel- I'd love to have a beard like The Beard enough said.
Non-Steelers I like
1.) Andre Johnson- Consistently among the best WRs in the NFL, team player, and I admire his loyalty to the Texans.

2.) Richard Sherman- I like this guy. Could he have been a little more diplomatic perhaps regarding Crabtree, sure but he backs up his talk and I think he's a good guy despite the image being made of him

3.) Russell Wilson- Reminds me a lot of a young Ben and I loved reading that he eagerly listened to Terry Bradshaw for advice.

Three non-Steelers I dislike
1.) Tom Brady- I acknowledge he's a talented QB and no doubt headed for Canton but I don't like him. I don't like the false humility- telling Sherman to win with graciousness when he's far from Mr. Humble himself.

2.) Vince Wilfork- Another Patriot jerk. Gouged at someone's eyes in the SB and just another example of the Patriots fake humbleness.

3.) Ray Lewis- I actually grudgingly like Terrell Suggs, Ray Rice, and some of their other guys but I could not stand Lewis. The whole holy man routine and I think he was just obnoxious out there. Another guy who is a deserving first ballot HoFer but one who I've never liked.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
teegre (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #12
NSMaster56
Living Legend
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 3,523
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 10,044
Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,172 Posts
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

Favorite players:

Aaron Rodgers: His ads have long been annoying, but on the field there are none better at the moment.

Russell Wilson: It's like watching a young, better/smarter version of Big Ben.

Andrew Luck: In a few years he will supplant Rodgers.

Troy Polamalu: It's impossible to describe how much he will be missed when he's gone/retired.

AP: It's always a joy to watch an undisputed master of their craft in action.

Megatron: See AP above.

San Francisco/Seattle Defense: There are individuals which stand out above others (Bowman/Willis and Sherman/Thomas), but as a group either of these two reminds you how the game used to be. The only way watching these Ds could be better is if they were wearing Black and Gold.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #13
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,223
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,078
Thanked 25,475 Times in 10,336 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
I'll name three Steelers I like, three non-Steelers I like, and 3 non-Steelers I dislike to make this easier.
Three Steelers
1.) Antonio Brown- Great work ethic, makes big plays, and I am so glad we kept him over Mike Wallace.

2.) Troy Polamalu- So fun to watch and another great guy on and off the field.

3.) Brett Keisel- I'd love to have a beard like The Beard enough said.
Non-Steelers I like
1.) Andre Johnson- Consistently among the best WRs in the NFL, team player, and I admire his loyalty to the Texans.

2.) Richard Sherman- I like this guy. Could he have been a little more diplomatic perhaps regarding Crabtree, sure but he backs up his talk and I think he's a good guy despite the image being made of him

3.) Russell Wilson- Reminds me a lot of a young Ben and I loved reading that he eagerly listened to Terry Bradshaw for advice.

Three non-Steelers I dislike
1.) Tom Brady- I acknowledge he's a talented QB and no doubt headed for Canton but I don't like him. I don't like the false humility- telling Sherman to win with graciousness when he's far from Mr. Humble himself.

2.) Vince Wilfork- Another Patriot jerk. Gouged at someone's eyes in the SB and just another example of the Patriots fake humbleness.

3.) Ray Lewis- I actually grudgingly like Terrell Suggs, Ray Rice, and some of their other guys but I could not stand Lewis. The whole holy man routine and I think he was just obnoxious out there. Another guy who is a deserving first ballot HoFer but one who I've never liked.
Great post.

The three non-likes were spot on.

I get tired of hearing how classy the Taperiots are, when there are many, many acts by that team that are low-class.

But, most of all, I agree about The Knife. I actually like Terrell Suggs, Ray Rice, & Ed Reed, but I can not stand Ray Lewis. I didn't think that I could hate him any more than I already did, until the pre-game interview, before XLVIII, where he said that "God wanted those two men dead in Atlanta. Who am I to question God?"

Uh... WTF!?!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:14 PM   #14
JonM229
Living Legend
 
JonM229's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ball So Hard University
Posts: 3,889
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24803
Thanks: 10,076
Thanked 8,917 Times in 3,078 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
"God wanted those two men dead in Atlanta. Who am I to question God?"

Uh... WTF!?!
When the football gods demand a human sacrifice, you give them a human sacrifice.

Two bodies + two rings = Worth it
__________________

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
NJarhead (01-29-2014), NSMaster56 (01-29-2014), teegre (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #15
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,223
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,078
Thanked 25,475 Times in 10,336 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
When the football gods demand a human sacrifice, you give them a human sacrifice.

Two bodies + two rings = Worth it
So how come the Bills don't have two Lombardis???

teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #16
JonM229
Living Legend
 
JonM229's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ball So Hard University
Posts: 3,889
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24803
Thanks: 10,076
Thanked 8,917 Times in 3,078 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
So how come the Bills don't have two Lombardis???

OJ was already retired so it doesn't count
__________________

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Fire Arians (01-29-2014), harrison'samonster (01-29-2014), teegre (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #17
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,223
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,078
Thanked 25,475 Times in 10,336 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
OJ was already retired so it doesn't count
What a shame, throwing away two perfectly good white people like that.

(Movie quote game)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-29-2014), JonM229 (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #18
NSMaster56
Living Legend
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 3,523
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 10,044
Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,172 Posts
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

A few others I didn't have time to think of at the time:

Marshawn Lynch: Few break tackles like this man does.

Vernon Davis: When he gets involved in a game you know it. You start saying things like, 'they really can't cover him!', 'just throw it to Davis!' or 'they need to stop this guy!'

Larry Fitzgerald: Same comment as Davis, only it feels like it's been five years since I've said those things.

Heath Miller: This one is a homer bias, but damn it this guy always delivers in big moments. It's as if he's invisible or doing unseen things for long periods of time and then you say, 'where's Heath?' or 'we could really use a first down here' and then BOOM! Heath is there to make the play. And then you wonder why he doesn't make those plays 10 times a game and rack up 150 yards a game, but you revel in the fact that his 4 catch 70 yard 1 TD day saved the day. Hines Ward used to be this way, too.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #19
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 11,291
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 2,136
Thanked 8,318 Times in 3,489 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Larry Fitzgerald: Same comment as Davis, only it feels like it's been five years since I've said those things.
The tear that fitzgerald went on in the 2008 playoffs was just scary, nobody could stop him. The cardinals rode him all the way to the super bowl but luckily his efforts came up short against us

though that WR corps was just downright scary. fitz and boldin in their prime as a 1-2, and breaston as a #3. that's just as dangerous as it's ever gotten, i don' t know if any team in NFL history had a better 1-2-3 combo of receivers as they did that year
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-29-2014), NSMaster56 (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #20
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 8,239
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 67,052
Thanked 11,249 Times in 4,489 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Favorite / Least Favorite players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
What a shame, throwing away two perfectly good white people like that.

(Movie quote game)
he was provoking me
__________________
See the little goblin, See his little feet
And his little nosey-wose, Isn't the goblin sweet?
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts