Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #21
Robby
Water Boy

Member Number: 25738
Default Re: Big Ben 5th in Most Clutch Category

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Eli definitely belongs in the conversation. But it's just as important to have every player on the team at their best in the final minutes. The QB gets a lot of the credit, but the whole team has to be solid.
I agree. Eli had a great d in those sb runs. But lets me honest, did the steelers not? ( the 2 that big ben won)
Robby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robby For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #22
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,642 Times in 3,927 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby View Post
I agree. Eli had a great d in those sb runs. But lets me honest, did the steelers not? ( the 2 that big ben won)
I'm not sure their defense was really that great, but it matched up really well with the Pats. Those two SB winning teams they had gave up a lot of points in the regular seasons. They matched up well, and played their best when it really mattered.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #23
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Oh my oh my. Im new to these boards but come on, when we talk clutch, does the name eli not ring a bell ? The dude has 2 sb rings, and both are 4th quarter comebacks. Being the under dog team in every game of those playoff runs. I do admit, big ben is very clutch, not taking anything from him. Yes eli had a bad year last year. It happens. But that doesnt mean we remove him from the top 5 clutchest players in the nfl?! Eli is number one, big ben is in top 3 when it comes to clutchness
No doubt, he belongs in the conversation. Peyton is the better QB but Eli is the more clutch.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #24
Robby
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
No doubt, he belongs in the conversation. Peyton is the better QB but Eli is the more clutch.
Peyton will be the top 3 qbs ever to live, win or lose this superbowl. But its weird that he doesnt have the game gene as his brother, which is clutchness. Eli is not the in the top 50 qbs ever, but he has clutchness. I do not believe that the qbs right now, peyton should be top even 10 in clutchness. He is a choke artist. Which is why i have the gayhawks winning the game
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robby For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-29-2014), MDSteel15 (01-30-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 07:18 PM   #25
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I'm not sure their defense was really that great, but it matched up really well with the Pats. Those two SB winning teams they had gave up a lot of points in the regular seasons. They matched up well, and played their best when it really mattered.
Yeah I believe statistically speaking they were a weaker defense which actually boosters the argument for Eli here. I think it's a matter of match up too. Clearly there's something about the Giants scheme that confuses Brady and Belichick.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #26
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Quote:
Peyton will be the top 3 qbs ever to live, win or lose this superbowl. But its weird that he doesnt have the game gene as his brother, which is clutchness. Eli is not the in the top 50 qbs ever, but he has clutchness. I do not believe that the qbs right now, peyton should be top even 10 in clutchness. He is a choke artist. Which is why i have the gayhawks winning the game
I guess it's on par with how Montana won four SBs to Marino's 0. I realize that team plays a role too but I personally admire the more clutch type QB. Sure he may not be pretty but he's the guy you want with the game on the line. It amazes me that Eli could get swept by the Redskins one year and then lead his team to a SB win in the same.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #27
Robby
Water Boy

Quote:
I guess it's on par with how Montana won four SBs to Marino's 0. I realize that team plays a role too but I personally admire the more clutch type QB. Sure he may not be pretty but he's the guy you want with the game on the line. It amazes me that Eli could get swept by the Redskins one year and then lead his team to a SB win in the same.
I agree. But this is my question, did big ben have a good defense (in the sbs he won) or did he not ? Ben did make clutch plays. Not taking anything away from him, just like i admitted eli had great defenses, do u admit that ben did too ?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #28
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Quote:
I agree. But this is my question, did big ben have a good defense (in the sbs he won) or did he not ? Ben did make clutch plays. Not taking anything away from him, just like i admitted eli had great defenses, do u admit that ben did too ?
Sure, absolutely. Have no problem with acknowledging that especially for 2008 when that D was otherworldly at times.. Someone brought up a good point the other day though regarding Brady. That if we are to say "But Ben had a great defense" the same needs to be said for early Tom Brady.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #29
Robby
Water Boy

Quote:
Sure, absolutely. Have no problem with acknowledging that especially for 2008 when that D was otherworldly at times.. Someone brought up a good point the other day though regarding Brady. That if we are to say "But Ben had a great defense" the same needs to be said for early Tom Brady.
I do agree with that, but all hatred towards the pats. How many pro bowler wide reicevers has he (tom) honestly had ? (Compared to peyton, brees, a. rodg, ect). Really bradys receivers thru out the years have been irrelevant. Besides moss, and wes. Lets give him a little offensive edge here, guys.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #30
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Quote:
I do agree with that, but all hatred towards the pats. How many pro bowler wide reicevers has he (tom) honestly had ? (Compared to peyton, brees, a. rodg, ect). Really bradys receivers thru out the years have been irrelevant. Besides moss, and wes. Lets give him a little offensive edge here, guys.
True fair point. I guess what I'm trying to say is if we want to point out fairly that Ben and Eli benefitted from strong D's, I think the same needs to be said for Brady. Good point about the WRs though.