Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,727 Times in 794 Posts
Default ISIS Beheads American Journalist

Welp. The religion of peace, makes peace once again...

---------------------

(CNN) -- A video released by ISIS shows the beheading of U.S. journalist James Foley and threatens the life of another American if President Barack Obama doesn't end military operations in Iraq.

Video (WARNING-GRAPHIC): http://www.barenakedislam.com/catego...dings-graphic/

Story: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelerEmpire For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (08-20-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,536 Posts
Default Re: ISIS Beheads American Journalist

i'm sorry but can't seem to muster sympathy for people who VOLUNTARILY put themselves in dangerous situations. the list includes people who enter hostile territory, people who fuck with dangerous animals , and people who engage in dangerous hobbies (rock climbing, sky diving , etc) ... darwin award winners.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,072 Times in 3,067 Posts

Its a shame we can't just nuke them.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:58 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,072 Times in 3,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'm sorry but can't seem to muster sympathy for people who VOLUNTARILY put themselves in dangerous situations. the list includes people who enter hostile territory, people who fuck with dangerous animals , and people who engage in dangerous hobbies (rock climbing, sky diving , etc) ... darwin award winners.
true, but I can muster sympathy for a fellow American who now has his head resting upon his ass at the foot of a fucking terrorist.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:52 AM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
true, but I can muster sympathy for a fellow American who now has his head resting upon his ass at the foot of a fucking terrorist.
i don't know what motivates these journalist / reporters to go to war zones or other places that pose a risk . money ? need to impress peers ? whatever it is it isn't worth risking ending up with your fucking head cut off. any moron who takes one of those assignments KNOWS it could end badly for them.
i can without a doubt say my head will never be separated from my body in the middle east , because i would never fucking travel to the middle east !!!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 AM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

so this guy was abducted not once ...not twice ...but THREE TIMES by terrorist .

Quote:
American journalist killed in Syria aware of risks

ROCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Journalist James Foley had worked in a number of conflict zones in the Middle East, but the danger didn't stop him from doing the job he loved.
Captured and held for six weeks while covering the uprising in Libya, he knew the risks when he went to Syria two years ago to cover the escalating violence there.
Foley was snatched again in Syria in November 2012 when the car he was riding in was stopped by four militants in a battle zone that Sunni rebel fighters and government forces were trying to control.
On Tuesday, two U.S. officials said they believe Foley was the person executed by Islamic State militants in a video posted online. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss the video by name.
Foley's family confirmed his death on a webpage created to rally support for him. His mother, Diane Foley, said in a statement on the webpage he "gave his life trying to expose the world to the suffering of the Syrian people."
At Foley's family home in Rochester, a light burned yellow in a center upstairs window and a yellow ribbon adorned a tree at the foot of the driveway. The Rev. Paul Gousse, of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, where the Foleys are parishioners, spent about 45 minutes at the house but left without commenting.
Foley, 40, and another journalist were working in the northern province of Idlib in Syria when they were kidnapped near the village of Taftanaz.
After Foley disappeared, while contributing video for Agence France-Presse and the media company GlobalPost, his parents became fierce advocates for him and all those kidnapped in war zones. They held regular prayer vigils and worked with the U.S. and Syrian diplomatic corps to get whatever scraps of information they could.
Diane Foley, asked in January 2013 if her son had reservations about going to Syria, said softly: "Not enough."
She wrote Tuesday on the family's webpage, "We thank Jim for all the joy he gave us. He was an extraordinary son, brother, journalist and person."
Foley had seen the dangers to journalists up close.
Upon his release from Libya and return to the United States, he recalled in an interview with The Associated Press seeing a colleague, South African photographer Anton Hammerl, killed by forces loyal to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi. He tried to pull his friend's body out of harm's way but was turned back by heavy fire.
"I'll regret that day for the rest of my life. I'll regret what happened to Anton," Foley said. "I will constantly analyze that."
Foley also covered the war in Afghanistan but called the Libyan fighting the worst he had ever experienced to that point.
Foley grew up in New Hampshire and studied history at Marquette University. He later taught in Arizona, Massachusetts and Chicago before switching careers to become a journalist, which he viewed as a calling.
"Journalism is journalism," Foley said. "If I had a choice to do Nashua (New Hampshire) zoning meetings or give up journalism, I'll do it. I love writing and reporting."

Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 AM   #7
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,816 Times in 853 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Have to agree here. While he may have put himself in danger by agreeing to such a job that doesn't mean he deserves to get his head sawed off by terrorist radicals on video for the world to see. I wouldn't wish such a fate upon my worst enemy. I feel for his family, I don't even want to think about what it would be like to be in their shoes right now. The pain of loss, and the mental anguish of knowing what happened to him. Sad.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (08-20-2014), NJarhead (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 04:03 AM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

How manly is that? Killing a reporter? The reporter (with or without his head) wins that battle. They should go after the Obamas and Bushes if they have a point to make. People are just pathetic.
harrison'samonster (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 04:55 AM   #9
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,748 Times in 2,387 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
...women raped while walking in the wrong neighborhood or wearing the wrong shade of red, people on jets who fly near Ukraine, people who drive while black, fuck em all - no sympathy and no time to condemn the actual guilty party in the situation.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (08-20-2014), SteelerEmpire (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 04:56 AM   #10
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,748 Times in 2,387 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Welp. The religion of peace, makes peace once again...

---------------------

(CNN) -- A video released by ISIS shows the beheading of U.S. journalist James Foley and threatens the life of another American if President Barack Obama doesn't end military operations in Iraq.

Video (WARNING-GRAPHIC): http://www.barenakedislam.com/catego...dings-graphic/

Story: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Religion with power.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (08-20-2014), SteelerEmpire (08-20-2014)