Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,399 Times in 3,546 Posts
Default Re: Adios To Pittsburgh Steelers Ryan Clark

how did Ryan Clark just about call out Steeler players by name? The writer of this bitter article needs to pull the stick out of his ass and enter reality.

He sounds like a jilted lover pansy-ass.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:05 AM   #22
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobethecat View Post
People seem to be high oh Shamarko Thomas but he couldn't beat out Golden or Will Allen so I'm a little concerned he may be the next Anthony Smith versus the next Ryan Clark.
After one rookie season, you want to equate him with Anthony Smith? Geesh! Give the man a little time to learn and develop before shitting on him like that. As far as I can tell, he doesn't have the entitled, arrogant attitude Smith had. He just needs to learn the defense and earn his spot. Give it time.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (02-10-2014), pczach (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 06:59 AM   #23
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,943 Times in 8,702 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobethecat View Post
People seem to be high oh Shamarko Thomas but he couldn't beat out Golden or Will Allen so I'm a little concerned he may be the next Anthony Smith versus the next Ryan Clark.
He was starting in the nickel package (the fifth DB... ahead of the third CB, let alone Golden or Will Allen).

And then, he got injured.

So...
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #24
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
After one rookie season, you want to equate him with Anthony Smith? Geesh! Give the man a little time to learn and develop before shitting on him like that. As far as I can tell, he doesn't have the entitled, arrogant attitude Smith had. He just needs to learn the defense and earn his spot. Give it time.
When did Anthony Smith show this "arrogant attitude"? I seem to recall an instance where he said something obvious in an interview like: "As long as we follow our assignments and execute-- I guarantee we will win this game." A statement the media proceeded to quote out of context and use as a rallying cry for the Patriots...

He wasn't arrogant-- he just ended up being the scapegoat for yet another embarassing loss to the Patsies.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #25
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
how did Ryan Clark just about call out Steeler players by name? The writer of this bitter article needs to pull the stick out of his ass and enter reality.

He sounds like a jilted lover pansy-ass.
Exactly. People overreacted to this article like a bunch of bitter housewives. Everyone liked Clark just fine when he was decapitating guys like Heyward-Bey, but after one down season-- folks are ready to throw him under the bus for speaking his mind.

He didn't call out anyone specifically on the team-- he simply stated the obvious.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
fansince'76 (02-10-2014), harrison'samonster (02-10-2014), wootawnee (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #26
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
When did Anthony Smith show this "arrogant attitude"? I seem to recall an instance where he said something obvious in an interview like: "As long as we follow our assignments and execute-- I guarantee we will win this game." A statement the media proceeded to quote out of context and use as a rallying cry for the Patriots...

He wasn't arrogant-- he just ended up being the scapegoat for yet another embarassing loss to the Patsies.

Quote:
Steelers defensive back Smith guarantees win vs. perfect Pats
Updated: December 6, 2007, 7:34 PM ET ESPN.com news services

PITTSBURGH -- Defensive back Anthony Smith is so certain the Pittsburgh Steelers will end the New England Patriots' unbeaten season, he is guaranteeing a win Sunday in Foxborough.

The Patriots (12-0) may have the perfect record, Smith said Wednesday, but it should be New England that is worried about the Steelers (9-3) rather than the other way around.

"People keep asking me if we're ready for the Patriots," Smith said. "They should be asking if they're ready for us."

Is Smith so confident that he is willing to copy one of former Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter's familiar motivational ploys by guaranteeing the Steelers will win?

"We're going to win," Smith said. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us, we've got a good chance to win."

(Read More:) http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3142456

Quote:
Steelers Notes: Anthony Smith Showboats, Stapleton Impresses, and Some Kid You've Never Heard of from Wake Forest Makes the Most of His Chance
By Michael Bean on May 28 2008, 3:50p 30

* And finally, Mr. Smith. Here's the series of events: Charlie Batch throws a sideline pass during a 2-minute drill. Smith jumps the route, and picks it off. Not content with merely handing the ball back to the offense though, Smith was proud of himself:

Smith, of course, couldnít just pick the pass off, he ran about 10 yards with the ball and then fired it at the fence surrounding the field.

Just when you though the kid might be learning a little something, he goes and does something totally stupid like that.

Lolley's explanation for why he thought it was stupid?

Much like Joey Porter doing a foot-stomp in training camp and injuring his knee after beating a fourth-string tackle for a sack, Smith firing a ball as hard as he can after picking off a pass in practice is totally meaningless.

The only thing that can happen is an injury.

The coaching staff knows you picked off the pass Anthony. You donít need any of the extracurricular stuff.

I can guarantee that Dick LeBeau never did anything like that after any of his more than 60 career meaningful interceptions.

(Read More:) http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...h-s-showmanshi

Sure sounds like an arrogant and immature guy to me. Dick LeBeau reams his ass at the end of the video for it too.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
blackngold8766 (02-10-2014), Lady Steel (02-10-2014), SteelersCanada (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #27
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Uh, Ryan Clark was not in any position to call out anyone else's play.

And to answer your question - no, that's not why Roethlisberger's play improved. A legitimate running game and better pass protection was evident in the second half of the season. Those two things, combined with more emphasis on getting AB the ball was the surge for our offense. Ryan Clark's bullshit comments about Ben was not the deciding factor for our 6-2 run. To suggest that it was is laughable.
shut the hell up canada your making too much sense..

the fact that he was only sacked 7 times after week 10 has nothing to do with his improvement
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebsteelers For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (02-10-2014), SteelersCanada (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #28
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Exactly. People overreacted to this article like a bunch of bitter housewives. Everyone liked Clark just fine when he was decapitating guys like Heyward-Bey, but after one down season-- folks are ready to throw him under the bus for speaking his mind.

He didn't call out anyone specifically on the team-- he simply stated the obvious.
Yep. I'm actually kind of surprised he hasn't gotten crucified yet for also making another obvious point that there are a number of NFL players who will be less than welcoming to Michael Sam due to his recent revelation regarding his sexuality.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #29
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:

Not sure about "arrogance," but he did do some pretty stupid shit at times (like leveling Hines Ward in a training camp practice after being directed specifically not to by the coaching staff). However, I completely agree about his "guarantee" regarding the Patriots being yet another overblown "story" that was largely manufactured by the media.

Personally, I'd say Smith was more dumb than arrogant. He just never seemed to "get it" mentally.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #30
Penn
Starter

Member Number: 19535

He is still looking for Terrell Pryor on that 93 yard run
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote