Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 02-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #41
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Confused
Default Re: Draft prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Dude... c'mon. Are you attracted to all women? This is a ridiculous generalization. Gay men are not attracted to all men and the implication that he's attracted to other "athletes" is pretty silly. How could you possibly know what he's attracted to? How do you know he's not currently involved in a relationship? I don't know about you, but I've been with my girlfriend for a few years now and while I can obviously recognize a beautiful girl, it doesn't mean that I want to have a sexual relationship with her.

This is ridiculous ideology here man.
Its simple human nature, being in a committed relationship will not stop someone from looking and in most cases lusting. Has absolutely nothing to do with acting on it. Your girlfriend knows you are attracted to women, even if she were there I doubt she would want you to be in the shower area with multiple other women. Being politically correct and stating facts of human nature is a thin line I guess. All I know is, there WILL be players in the same locker wondering if they are being looked at in a certain way, it is what it is. In fact I guarantee there will be many in that same locker that will "alter" there normal routine, it simply is what it is. I am not going to hide behind the latest "gay friendly" mentality when pointing out facts.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #42
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,643 Times in 3,927 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
I am not going to hide behind the latest "gay friendly" mentality when pointing out facts.
what do you mean gay friendly? We just like Star Wars and enjoy each other's company!

Atlanta Dan (02-10-2014), Buddha Bus (02-10-2014), fer522 (02-12-2014), NSMaster56 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #43
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,407 Times in 4,388 Posts

Quote:
Its simple human nature, being in a committed relationship will not stop someone from looking and in most cases lusting.
Not all men, including gay men, are 15 year old horny teenagers. Your idea implies they are.

Your idea is that a gay man will see another naked man and think "man, I have to have that D".
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (02-10-2014), harrison'samonster (02-10-2014), NSMaster56 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #44
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,965 Times in 3,515 Posts

Quote:
Pretty spot on! Would you not stare if you were in a locker full of naked "female" athletes? He will be placed in a locker with the men, which he clearly lusts after, there is no denying that! I know shower time will be quite awkward for many and I really do believe he should have a separate shower. I visit the local gym 3-4 times a week and think its BS that the gay men that visit the gym (I know a few of them and voiced my opinion to them) are allowed in, which is why I stay out! I work for a construction firm that does a lot of work with high end retail stores like Nordstrom Bloomingdales etc. and have friends that work at those stores that are gay. They know I am not a homophobe but respect (and understand) my views!
Is this Stephen Colbert?

Assuming this is not a put on, here is one columnist's view on why it may be "awkward" for some men to share a locker room with a non-closeted gay male

Last week, Jonathan Vilma speculated about how he might feel if a gay teammate saw him naked:
Imagine if he's the guy next to me and, you know, I get dressed, naked, taking a shower, the whole nine, and it just so happens he looks at me. How am I supposed to respond?
What undergirds this logic is a fear of being made into a woman, which is to say a fear of being regarded sexually by someone who is as strong as, or stronger than, you. Implicit to the fear is the gay player's ability to do violence. It exists right alongside a belief that the gay player is a "sissy." ("Grown men should not have female tendencies. Period," Vilma once tweeted.) The logic is kin to the old Confederate belief that Southern slaves were so loyal and cowardly yet they must never be given guns.

http://www.theatlantic.com/ta-nehisi-coates/

On the issue of separate gyms for straight and non-straight males, should there be a question on the gym membership applications to screen out the queers? And should management cancel their membership if a straight member complains some guy is "looking at me the wrong way"?

And since you belong to the gym but "stay out!" do you leave whenever you see someone in the gym you think is gay? Or do you ask the front desk to make an announcement for any man who is gay to identify themselves so you can stay out of harm's way?

It must be tough to have gay men checking you out constantly. Are you equally irresistible to women?

Congrats on not being a homophobe
Buddha Bus (02-10-2014), harrison'samonster (02-10-2014), JonM229 (02-11-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #45
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Not all men, including gay men, are 15 year old horny teenagers. Your idea implies they are.

Your idea is that a gay man will see another naked man and think "man, I have to have that D".
You guys are missing my point. What you are saying is funny, only horny teenage boys lust after sex, that is just stupid. Im out...
Old 02-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #46
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
. Im out...
Based on your apparent fear of sharing a gym with gay men maybe not
harrison'samonster (02-10-2014), JonM229 (02-11-2014), NSMaster56 (02-10-2014), SteelersCanada (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #47
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Atlanta Dan, never did I say I stay out of the gym, just try to avoid the locker room. I associate with every gay person at the gym. You cant read between the lines and see my point that is your problem.

Living in Southern California it is just about impossible to be a homophobe.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #48
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Atlanta Dan, never did I say I stay out of the gym, just try to avoid the locker room. I associate with every gay person at the gym. You cant read between the lines and see my point that is your problem
So you work out but do not change into workout clothes or take a shower to minimize your exposure to those you know to be gay? That would seem to be part of avoiding the locker room. Since there are a lot of closeted gay men out there, you probably need to avoid it all the time if being in proximity to a gay man while you are dressing and showering is that big a concern

If you actually believe gay men should be banned from your gym because it makes you uncomfortable to be naked in front of them I am not the one with the problem and you are a homophobe regardless of whether or not you know gay men at Nordstroms and Bloomingdales.

No animosity behind that, just my observations
harrison'samonster (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #49
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Good for him. My only gripe is him or any other gay person for that matter being in the locker rooms and restrooms with others of the same sex. That's like me being in a locker room full of athletic naked ladies!

I have no problem with gay people, just not sure what it would do to a testosterone filled locker room?
With fine pieces of ass like this sashaying around naked in the locker room, can you blame them?

I totally see your point.

Quote:
Living in Southern California it is just about impossible to be a homophobe.
Speaking of stupid comments.....

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (02-10-2014), harrison'samonster (02-10-2014), JonM229 (02-11-2014), NSMaster56 (02-10-2014), SteelersCanada (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #50
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,407 Times in 4,388 Posts

Quote:
You guys are missing my point. What you are saying is funny, only horny teenage boys lust after sex, that is just stupid. Im out...
What I'm saying is stupid? No. Men can control their dicks. For some reason, gay men just want to bend all other men over, regardless of whether or not they're even gay.

I can't even...
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (02-10-2014), Buddha Bus (02-10-2014), harrison'samonster (02-10-2014), JonM229 (02-11-2014)