Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #21
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Re: Steeler Nation Get a GRIP!!!

99% of the men and women here are true friends, the guys that doubt us are true fans but just dont understand them. you will get used to guys saying "what if" a lot. ive been reading since april but joined last month and ive gotten used to the guys that dont believe but just because your a fan doesnt mean you cant doubt them a bit. i doubt the running game, and i want to see you tell me that our running game is fine. i garuntee you see 49ers fans doubting their team all the time. you need to be confident but not ****y, look what happened to the bengals, chad actin all ****y then they couldnt win, palmer might of been out but if the bengals are such a great team than why couldnt their TEAM win the game. i understand man but the team needs to prove we still have a running game before i settle down. everyone doubts and im sure you will but everyone needs to wait cause we got the best line in the world and that boost my confidense up about them. i do understand you though, but settle down.haha
Old 09-05-2006, 04:28 PM   #22
wadester47
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2745

Hammer67,

All I am saying is that this is what I look forward too every year. This is it. Steelers Football. The point I am trying to make is not BS. I am die hard and I drink IC light. Wether they are 6-10, 15-1, Whatever. I go to 4 games a year , I wear Black and Gold and I am proud no matter what to be a Steelers Fan.
I am just upset that this is where I come for my everyday "Steelers ARE the Best " moment. Screw the rest of these teams and their cities. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, I love the Pirates, Pens and most of all Steelers. My point is you either are a Steelers fan or your not. There is no Fence in Steeler Nation.
wadester47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #23
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadester47 View Post
When I joined this website two weeks ago, I thought this would be the place where I could go and not have to defend what I thought about the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Being a lifelong Steelers Fan from western PA, unless you are Black n' Gold you are hated. The press, the other teams etc etc.......Hated.
I know this is a free Web site and I know people are going to say what they want . It has totally ticked me off from things that I have read today.
Someone said that we have no chance at all, and that we may go 8-8. Other people are like well 'if ' we can win on thursday.......GET A GRIP.
Yeah BEN"s not playing and Hines is doubtful, WHAT about D and what about Hines Field, What about every Steeler Fan out there.
I am a firm believer that if you are a fan and that you are dedicated to your cause ( the STEELERS) you stay positive all the time. Just my opinon. If you are not positive, and you believe like the rest of the NFL, that the Steelers are going to go down , go somewhere else. Seriously.

It's too hard to defend the Steelers on a daily basis with the rest of the world, then to come into Steelers Fever and defend them on a Steelers web site.

I believe, no matter what the odds are
I believe in the Black and Gold
GO STEELERS
wade - I understand what you are saying here and I agree that we need to keep the faith -I certainly haven't lost faith in this team as a legitimate contender to repeat, nor have I lost faith in them because they are facing a little adversity right now. That is the strong suit of this Pittsburgh Steelers team - they've overcome adversity before and there is no reason to believe that they can't face it head on again and come out even better for it.

With that being said, however, I enjoy hearing others' thoughts, comments and opinions on where this team is right now and where they may be headed. If we all agreed on everything all of the time, think of what a boring place this board and the world would be. Variety is the spice of life and keeps those brain cells active! Relax hon - we'll be just fine.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #24
wadester47
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2745

Thanks,

I appriciate the support. I just wanted to get it off my chest today. We have two days till we defend , I love Steelers Fever and I love the responces. But most of all LOVE dem' stillers!!!!!!
wadester47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #25
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Hey, the Steelers are the champs right now, they won't let a little adversity get them down. That isn't how they got to be number 1.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #26
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
Hey, the Steelers are the champs right now, they won't let a little adversity get them down. That isn't how they got to be number 1.
hw - you're starting to really scare the bejesus out of me!! Yet another Pats fan who makes sense!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #27
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: Steeler Nation Get a GRIP!!!

I'll make a short term prediciton...Steeler Nation may not have a grip, but that Steelers "D" is going to get a grip on Culpepper's jersey and throw him around all night long.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #28
pittsburgh$teelersfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1466

casey hampton will eat them up.as a matter of fact our whole defense will eat them up like the little catfish they are.I see us beating the fins 21-10.

Last edited by pittsburgh$teelersfan; 09-05-2006 at 06:29 PM. Reason: i spelled of wrong i put off.
pittsburgh$teelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #29
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Thumbs up Re: Steeler Nation Get a GRIP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgh$teelersfan View Post
casey hampton will eat them up.as a matter of fact our whole defense will eat them up like the little catfish they are.I see us beating the fins 21-10.
Sounds pretty good, but to keep it real I predict Steelers win 24-21. Ronnie Brown can move and may score a couple of times for them, but we'll keep Culpepper in check and score enough to win.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #30
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

I don't see the Fins scoring 21 points on this Steelers D. Nowhere close. I don't see them scoring an offensive touchdown, nor a special teams TD.

They will need Batch to make mistakes to score. I like the Steelers 20-10
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote