Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #11
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,471 Times in 2,384 Posts
Default Re: Bill Nye (Evolution) vs. Ken Ham (Creation) Debate @ Creation Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
I don't think they should be tax except at all. Tax the shit out of them, maybe we can knock down some of this debt.
Never happen. Just like children it'll burn a hole in their pocket.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 04:50 AM   #12
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,311 Times in 2,985 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Bill Nye (Evolution) vs. Ken Ham (Creation) Debate @ Creation Museum

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-15-2014), SteelerEmpire (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #13
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 5,020 Times in 2,206 Posts

It's quite funny how, in this day and age of free commerce, the church is villainized as a 'racket' while many corporations give out extravagant bonuses even after they severely damage the national/global economy (as if this sort of thing isn't a global norm).

Likewise, how other organizations (like say... UNICEF) are equally corrupt, but without the ties to 'religion' are mostly not as scrutinized.

If the corruption of the Church teaches us anything, it's that everything is corruptible and nobody---NOBODY---is as righteous as they claim.

/cynicism
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-15-2014), SteelerEmpire (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,308 Times in 1,830 Posts

Quote:
I don't think they should be tax except at all. Tax the shit out of them, maybe we can knock down some of this debt.
"I would also call your attention to the importance of correcting an evil that, if permitted to continue, will probably lead to great trouble in our land....it is the accumulation of vast amounts of untaxed church property....In 1850, the church properties in the U.S. which paid no taxes, municipal or state, amounted to about $83 million. In 1860, the amount had doubled; in 1875, it is about $1 billion. By 1900, without check, it is safe to say this property will reach a sum exceeding $3 billion....so vast a sum, receiving all the protection and benefits of government without bearing its portion of the burdens and expenses of the same, will not be looked upon acquiescently by those who have to pay the taxes....I would suggest the taxation of all property equally, whether church or corporation." -Ulysses S. Grant

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
Bane (02-15-2014), harrison'samonster (02-15-2014), JonM229 (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #15
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
It's quite funny how, in this day and age of free commerce, the church is villainized as a 'racket' while many corporations give out extravagant bonuses even after they severely damage the national/global economy (as if this sort of thing isn't a global norm).

Likewise, how other organizations (like say... UNICEF) are equally corrupt, but without the ties to 'religion' are mostly not as scrutinized.

If the corruption of the Church teaches us anything, it's that everything is corruptible and nobody---NOBODY---is as righteous as they claim.

/cynicism
I think the difference is that corporations relationship with righteousness and morality goes no further than PR. They have never claimed any form of moral authority, especially while systematically raping people entrusted to their care.
Wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wagen For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-15-2014), NSMaster56 (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #16
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

This link is to a Christian website. I have copied and pasted the same quote from St Augustine back in the days when I used to get involved in this kind of debate.

http://geochristian.com/2009/03/17/a...ng-of-genesis/

It comes to something when an atheist is quoting a 5th Century Christian to Young Earth Creationists in an attempt to show them how backwards they are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wagen For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 11:08 PM   #17
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
It was a joke. It was held on Ham's turf, and all the creationists still swear up and down that science is bullshit and doesn't hold up to its own testing, no matter how many successful tests or blatant evidence you put in front of them. I got fired up during the debate because of how ridiculous Ham is, and I have a couple of relatives who are creationists (one of whom tried to add me on Facebook once he caught wind of my, uh, extremely honest and blunt posts, so he could argue with me), but at the end of it all, I've realized this: we just need to prevent these morons from getting public office and swaying the vote, and letting their culture die out. It's not going to end any other way, unfortunately.

The main problem is, though, that they'll still infect their children while they have the chance.
It gets worse than that.

The Creationists have managed to permeate mainstream historical dialogue with their bullshido.

They have done it so well that even Richard Dawkins has failed to spot it.

The truth is that Darwin's work was banned in Nazi Germany and in the USSR until 1936.

Nazi racial theory rested on Creationism, not Darwinism.

http://coelsblog.wordpress.com/2011/...-to-darwinism/

I mean, why the fck would people who believe in Common Descent want to commit genocide?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wagen For This Useful Post:
Bane (02-15-2014), harrison'samonster (02-16-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
It was a joke. It was held on Ham's turf, and all the creationists still swear up and down that science is bullshit and doesn't hold up to its own testing, no matter how many successful tests or blatant evidence you put in front of them. I got fired up during the debate because of how ridiculous Ham is, and I have a couple of relatives who are creationists (one of whom tried to add me on Facebook once he caught wind of my, uh, extremely honest and blunt posts, so he could argue with me), but at the end of it all, I've realized this: we just need to prevent these morons from getting public office and swaying the vote, and letting their culture die out. It's not going to end any other way, unfortunately.

The main problem is, though, that they'll still infect their children while they have the chance.
i believe these about cover your post..

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
Bane (02-15-2014), harrison'samonster (02-16-2014), Wagen (02-16-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 11:25 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
Bane (02-16-2014), harrison'samonster (02-16-2014), SteelerEmpire (02-16-2014), Wagen (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #20
SteelerEmpire
Living Legend

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,097 Posts

I got into it with some creationists (or just anti-science) individuals about the "Out of Africa" part of evolution science (they refused to accept the science that homo sapiens originated in Africa). They argued with me left and right. I asked them to provide some evidence that would contradict the accepted science that supports the Out of Africa theory, and disprove the entire scientific community right then and there. Long story short, they went "Ken Ham" on me... it was an aggravating experience.

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelerEmpire For This Useful Post:
Bane (02-16-2014), harrison'samonster (02-16-2014)