Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Could Be Worse - Could Be Saints Fans

Down 24-0 to the Cowboys at the half - yikes

Most disappointing team so far this season
harrison'samonster (09-28-2014), NSMaster56 (09-29-2014), SteelerJT (09-28-2014)
Old 09-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
Zardoz
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 26153
Default Re: Could Be Worse - Could Be Saints Fans

This day could not get any worse.

I had a bad feeling we'd lose this game, and I even told my close friend about it back on Wednesday to pick Dallas, they should have it easy.

I knew with Carolina and Atlanta losing, I wouldn't get lucky enough to see the Saints pull through and tie the division.

This team pisses me off so bad. Believe me, be glad you have LeBeau with a long historic past. We have scrubs under Rob Ryan who can tackle one year, can't tackle the next.

This is 2012 all over again except we get our coach here to prove that the play calling that year wasn't just on Brees being a stat hog, we hate running the ball period!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zardoz For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (09-28-2014), Lady Steel (09-29-2014), NSMaster56 (09-29-2014), SteelerJT (09-28-2014)
Old 09-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
Zardoz
Bench Warmer

Oh look, now they want to move down the field. Too little too late.

BTW did you guys see Graham and Colston dropping those passes a few weeks ago against Atlanta and Cleveland? Well if you didn't, you're seeing it a lot tonight. I was mad all summer long they paid Graham and cut Lance Moore (who went to you guys, shame he stays injured a lot). The one year we won a Super Bowl, our QB wasn't married to a damn Tight End that stays double and even triple covered most the time (Brees throws a lot of picks on balls intended for Graham or Colston)

Just screw it, let the Cowboys run the score up to 50 tonight, that way the rest of the country knows, that we were all hyped up during the summer over our amazingly overrated defense, and maybe if they beat us that bad, they'll realize that you should never, ever predict the Saints to win a Super Bowl, ever when you have teams like Seattle and San Francisco who's defenses down right destroy our one dimensional pass attack..oh and Dallas too BTW.

Do not feel sorry for this team. We deserve it. They very clearly took all those nice comments over the summer for granted, cause this team is a joke.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zardoz For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (09-28-2014), NSMaster56 (09-29-2014)
Old 09-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #4
Zardoz
Bench Warmer

I want to point this out before anyone says it tomorrow, cause most people don't even criticize Sean Payton or the Saints offensive play calling.

As 2:57 to go in the 4th quarter, Khiry Robinson has 87 yards on only 8 carries.

Yes you read that right.

Brees is still throwing it but we have an RB that is averaging at least 11 yards a carry, and do they run it more? Fuck no, Brees has to rack up the passing stats like Manning!!

Now go back to that Cleveland game. We rushed over 150 yards and on the final drive, we didn't hand the ball at all to Mark Ingram who had 11 carries for 83 yards - yes get that, we had a fucking lead by 1 point, one drive to run the clock out, and we don't hand the ball off to our back who is tearing it up. he averaged 7.5 yards a carry, but nope! Let's not run the clock out, Brees needs his stats, man!

And over on Saints forums all they do is whine about the defense this, the defense that. Yes our defense is bad, but our defense was bad too in 2012, 2011, and 2010, and we still won games with better play calling. This offense is a watered down example of what it used to be. They refuse to adapt and change play calling. I am proving it with those stats, even when we have a run game, Payton don't like running it. Kinda reminds me of Todd Haley a bit.

The one time our team actually ran the fucking ball was in 2009, 2010, and a bit in 2011, when Pete Carmichael called the plays. In 2012, everyone scapegoated him cause we had these same problems but now I'm convinced it was true that Brees had a lot to do with the play calling. We don't even look no different than the 2012 team, except we have our coach!

2012 - all this hype bullshit build up during the off season about how "mean" this team would be, and Bounty gate or no bounty gate, our defense was so god awful that year, I don't think Payton could have fixed it. At best we would have just been 9-7 instead of 7-9, or 8-8. That year we also gave Brees his huge contract to satisfy his pompous ego from holding out, cause losing our coach wasn't bad enough, he still wanted to get paid and that was way more important than our season.

2014 - same hype bullshit, and no show. Give Jimmy Graham a huge contract that he isn't even satisfied with, and you can tell he's not with his poor play on the field. Cut Lance Moore, one of our best receivers, and even though the offensive line needed help, bring in no one for help, then the entire preseason hear hype after hype after hype about how this defense is going to be so bad ass, better than last year, and all you get is no turnovers and just flat out piss poor play. Can't stop anyone.

And I will stick up for some of these guys. Malcolm Jenkins has 3 INT's over in Philly, when back in the day, we could never get him to do anything. We always said he was a bust, but he sure is on fire now. Saints have a great way of not using certain players right. Look at Reggie Bush for example, he got his 1,000 yard seasons without us and runs far better than he ever did for us. Oh and of course Darren Sproles, whom I still have no idea why we let go - oh that's right, fuck running the ball, let's just throw it! Yet another player we didn't use correctly!

Congrats to the Cowboys for proving just how overrated this team is and how underrated they are. Everyone ragged on them all summer about their defense, but fuck us, they look way more improved than we do under Rob Ryan. They should win the NFC East, cause they looked like an actual team tonight. The Saints on the other hand, look like the Falcons did last year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zardoz For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (09-28-2014), NSMaster56 (09-29-2014)
Old 09-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #5
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,774 Times in 4,299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

reminds me of the time the Colts had Edgerin James. He had the most runs of 8-11 yards in that 2005 season and they still kept throwing it. It's one reason the Colts lost to the Steelers that year.

of course my memory's pretty bad and I might be making this all up without realizing it. But I think I'm right.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:07 AM   #6
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,652 Times in 2,540 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (09-29-2014), NSMaster56 (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #7
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 8,662 Times in 2,998 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Tell that to the posters in the Steelers threads

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
Tell that to the posters in the Steelers threads
Every fanbase includes those who think their team is the best or worst depending on the outcome of that day's game

With regard to those who cover the league, this guy must be feeling particularly brilliant this morning

CBSSports.com Super Bowl XLIX predictions

WILL BRINSON | Matchup: Steelers vs. Saints
Winner, score: Saints, 31-24

Why? The Saints and the Steelers don't have the easiest paths, but they have the weapons to contend with said paths. Thanks to reinvigorated (Pittsburgh) and reestablished (New Orleans) defenses, these two teams find balance. They also find a pair of incredible young "space" rookies in Dri Archer and Brandin Cooks, who help take their explosive offensives to new heights.

New Orleans is going to emerge at the top of the heap not only in the NFC South but the NFC overall at 13-3, giving them home field throughout. Beating Drew Brees at home is hard to do and the offense runs in a different gear at the Superdome. The Steelers are a 12-win team in my book and winners of the AFC North after Ben Roethlisberger commands their no-huddle offense to MVP-worthy numbers and an upset the heavily-favored Broncos in a shootout at Mile High in the AFC Championship Game.

Despite the defenses for these two teams, offense wins the day, with New Orleans emerging victorious after Brees takes the rock one last time and marches the Saints down the field for a Jimmy Graham touchdown late in the fourth quarter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ix-predictions
JonM229 (09-29-2014), NSMaster56 (09-29-2014), SteelerJT (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #9
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 8,662 Times in 2,998 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Every fanbase includes those who think their team is the best or worst depending on the outcome of that day's game

With regard to those who cover the league, this guy must be feeling particularly brilliant this morning

CBSSports.com Super Bowl XLIX predictions

[I]WILL BRINSON | Matchup: Steelers vs. Saints
Winner, score: Saints, 31-24

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (09-29-2014), NSMaster56 (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 07:58 PM   #10
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silver & black For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (09-29-2014)