Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2014, 06:19 AM   #31
jb500ex
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 325
Member Number: 24020
Thanks: 15
Thanked 50 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Disagree. Salary caps make teams competitive. Can you imagine if the NFL turned into the MLB?
Yet MLB has had more different teams win. Horrible argument since you're wrong
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #32
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,356
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,628
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
Yet MLB has had more different teams win. Horrible argument since you're wrong
Winners since 2000

2000-Yankees
2001-D-Backs
2002-Angels
2003-Marlins
2004-Red Sox
2005-White Sox
2006-Cardinals
2007-Red Sox
2008-Phillies
2009- Yankees
2010-Giants
2011-Cardinals
2012-Giants
2013-Red Sox


Top 11 MLB payrolls for 2013

New York Yankees $228,995,945
Los Angeles Dodgers $216,302,909
Philadelphia $159,578,214
Boston $158,967,286
Detroit $149,046,844
San Francisco $142,180,333
Los Angeles Angels $142,165,250
Texas $127,197,575
Chicago White Sox $124,065,277

Toronto $118,244,039
St. Louis $116,702,085


http://deadspin.com/2013-payrolls-an...team-462765594

11 of the past 13 World Series winners are on that list

When Arizona won in 2001 that team also had a top 10 payroll

That looks like more than a coincidence

http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2001payroll
__________________
“For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.” - H.L. Mencken
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (02-21-2014), Buddha Bus (02-21-2014), teegre (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #33
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,735
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,104
Thanked 24,516 Times in 9,934 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
Yet MLB has had more different teams win. Horrible argument since you're wrong
Do you stir the pot, just to stir the pot?

Serious question.

Because, you rarely bring facts to the table… just unfounded vitriol & derision.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (02-21-2014), Atlanta Dan (02-21-2014), Bayz101 (02-21-2014), Blacksburg Zach (02-21-2014), Buddha Bus (02-21-2014), harrison'samonster (02-21-2014), SteelersCanada (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #34
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,735
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,104
Thanked 24,516 Times in 9,934 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
I don't like that, it isn't real math. It also penalizes the player because it makes it harder to leave a team that he was drafted for when he really might want to play somewhere else. I do like the compensation picks that are already in place, though.
I disagree.

The player still gets $10 million, no matter where he signs. He can easily leave for Washington for the same exact money as he would get by staying in Pittsburgh.

The Bird Rule simply helps the teams/GMs stay under the cap… but, does not hinder the player from leaving.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #35
Steel Peon
Starter
 
Steel Peon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 482
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17520
Thanks: 565
Thanked 243 Times in 119 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Dallas was projected to be $20 million to $25 million over the salary cap.
They're overpaying who?!
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steel Peon For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #36
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,735
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,104
Thanked 24,516 Times in 9,934 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
They're overpaying who?!
Humorous answer: Tony Romo…??? :no idea:

Real answer: DeMarcus Ware ($16 million).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-21-2014), Steel Peon (02-22-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #37
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,095
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,241
Thanked 11,446 Times in 4,690 Posts
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Do you stir the pot, just to stir the pot?

Serious question.

Because, you rarely bring facts to the table… just unfounded vitriol & derision.
Especially because he's not even right in this case, but it's just not even worth it.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (02-21-2014), Bayz101 (02-21-2014), Buddha Bus (02-21-2014), harrison'samonster (02-21-2014), teegre (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #38
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,735
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,104
Thanked 24,516 Times in 9,934 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Especially because he's not even right in this case, but it's just not even worth it.
I swear, that if someone created a thread called: "What is your favorite color?" his reply would be: "You're wrong."
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (02-21-2014), Blacksburg Zach (02-21-2014), Buddha Bus (02-21-2014), harrison'samonster (02-21-2014), SteelersCanada (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #39
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Do you stir the pot, just to stir the pot?

Serious question.

Because, you rarely bring facts to the table… just unfounded vitriol & derision.
That's the nicest way I've seen to call someone an asshole.... which he is.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (02-21-2014), harrison'samonster (02-21-2014), SteelersCanada (02-21-2014), teegre (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #40
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,735
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,104
Thanked 24,516 Times in 9,934 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
That's the nicest way I've seen to call someone an asshole.... which he is.
Absolutely.

Remember the "Work issues" thread.

Case in point, my friend… case in point.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (02-21-2014), Buddha Bus (02-21-2014), harrison'samonster (02-21-2014), SteelersCanada (02-21-2014)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts