Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #81
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12,952
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,824
Thanked 17,891 Times in 7,559 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Pouncey is going to anchor our line for a long time. Hell, there are rumors that Mike Pouncey is available for trade for a high pick. How many of you would give up a second round pick for Mike Pouncey? I'd definitely consider it.
Wait... what? Really? You're not pulling my leg, are you?

My dream O-line of "Pouncey - Pouncey - DD - Gilbert" might actually come to fruition???

I'd make that trade (for the R2 pick) in a heartbeat. The Steelers were primed & ready to trade up for Mike, but the Dolphins opted to just draft him themselves.

[NOTE: The only reason that I thought that Maurkice would leave, it to play with his brother. But, if his brother were here... he'd stay for forever.]

[NOTE 2: Gilbert was part of my "dream" in 2010. Now, he's not so much a dream, but he's good enough. The other three would make for the BEST interior O-line in the league.]
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #82
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,143
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,137
Thanked 9,135 Times in 3,917 Posts
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Wait... what? Really? You're not pulling my leg, are you?

My dream O-line of "Pouncey - Pouncey - DD - Gilbert" might actually come to fruition???

I'd make that trade (for the R2 pick) in a heartbeat. The Steelers were primed & ready to trade up for Mike, but the Dolphins opted to just draft him themselves.

[NOTE: The only reason that I thought that Maurkice would leave, it to play with his brother. But, if his brother were here... he'd stay for forever.]

[NOTE 2: Gilbert was part of my "dream" in 2010. Now, he's not so much a dream, but he's good enough. The other three would make for the BEST interior O-line in the league.]
They were reported, then denied, then the reporting stopped. There are writers, however, who believe the "denial" is similar to Jed York's Cleveland/Harbaugh denial - they would listen if the right offer came along which is a pretty massive change as Pouncey was on their "no trade" list at this time last year. There are serious issues with Pouncey and his locker room behavior with the Dolphins and if they're serious about changing the face of the organization, getting rid of Pouncey might be high up on that list.

I doubt it would be as simple as a second round pick, sadly. It would have to be something like a second, seventh and a depth type player, such as Curtis Brown or Isaiah Green. Still, I would definitely pull the trigger if it's only one high round pick, excluding our 15th overall selection.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-26-2014), NSMaster56 (02-26-2014), steelfury02 (02-26-2014), teegre (02-26-2014), tony hipchest (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #83
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12,952
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,824
Thanked 17,891 Times in 7,559 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
They were reported, then denied, then the reporting stopped. There are writers, however, who believe the "denial" is similar to Jed York's Cleveland/Harbaugh denial - they would listen if the right offer came along which is a pretty massive change as Pouncey was on their "no trade" list at this time last year. There are serious issues with Pouncey and his locker room behavior with the Dolphins and if they're serious about changing the face of the organization, getting rid of Pouncey might be high up on that list.

I doubt it would be as simple as a second round pick, sadly. It would have to be something like a second, seventh and a depth type player, such as Curtis Brown or Isaiah Green. Still, I would definitely pull the trigger if it's only one high round pick, excluding our 15th overall selection.
So you're saying there's a chance...!!!
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (02-26-2014), steelfury02 (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #84
Pa Yankee
Draft Prospect
 
Pa Yankee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 51
Member Number: 17672
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
So you're saying there's a chance...!!!
Pa Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pa Yankee For This Useful Post:
teegre (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #85
NSMaster56
Team Owner
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 2,711
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 6,016
Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I can't believe "Let's get rid of Pouncey" is still a discussion. It's not happening.
I don't think anyone has said 'let's get rid of Pouncey'.

It's more a realization that the Steelers are up against the cap, they don't usually pay top-dollar to keep guys and that, recently, when they have those contracts have come back to bite them (Woodley and Ike).

So it's more observations that it wouldn't be shocking if he did leave via FA.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
teegre (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #86
NSMaster56
Team Owner
 
NSMaster56's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 2,711
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23979
Thanks: 6,016
Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Pouncey - Pouncey -DD
I just peed a little.

And by 'peed' I mean 'came'.

And by 'a little', I mean 'a gigantic load'.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (02-26-2014), teegre (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #87
Steel_Bus_24
Team President
 
Steel_Bus_24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,493
Member Number: 2886
Thanks: 242
Thanked 738 Times in 378 Posts
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

having both pounceys was a dream for me too before the Hernandez stuff started.....I would hope the steelers do their investigative work before pulling the trigger on a trade for mike.
__________________

Also Known as SteelerSpartan

Last edited by Steel_Bus_24; 02-28-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #88
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12,952
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,824
Thanked 17,891 Times in 7,559 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
I just peed a little.

And by 'peed' I mean 'came'.

And by 'a little', I mean 'a gigantic load'.
Gross.

(Me, too.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
having both pounceys was a dream for me too before the Hernandez stuff started.....I would hope the steelers due their investigative work before pulling the trigger on a trade for mike.
Intended pun?
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #89
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12,952
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,824
Thanked 17,891 Times in 7,559 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Yankee View Post
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #90
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,116
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 3,562
Thanked 3,456 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: NFL Salary Cap to Rise 5% to 130 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
I just peed a little.

And by 'peed' I mean 'came'.

And by 'a little', I mean 'a gigantic load'.
FRANKIE SAY RELAX!
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (02-26-2014)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts