Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #11
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Another note from Y-townFinFan

Hey Y-town. What part of Y-Town are you from? I work in Lordstown, and grew up around Y-Town here accross the border in Pa.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #12
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-townFinFan View Post
Haven't seen many Dolphin fans post here over the last few days, and I'm suprised not much from the Steelers fans on the Fin sites Anyway, after reading through the many posts and comments, I would like to say a few things. In every fan site there is the RAH-RAH types, and then there are the true football fans who like to talk honest football. I'm not a RAH-RAH fan, I'm an honest football fan who just happens to be a hard core FINFAN. I think the Dolphins will beat the Steelers with ease. I also think the exact opposite could happen and the Steelers will win.

I am really bummed that Ben is out, I wanted Pitts best on the field. I want Hines to be 100%. I want Porter to be the fans "self proclaimed" Bad A$$ that he is supposed to be.

How else can any team fan judge their favorite team, and how they will do this season, if they can't measure the performance against the World Champs?

I don't make projections or talk much trash, because, it's pointless! Fun, yes. to come here and aggravate all of you, not going to get much reasonable football talk by doing that. So, I'm going to rate each area of each team and give my opinion on who's better, all you have to do is agree or disagree!!

Here goes!

QB C-Pep vs Batch : C-Pep wins by virtue of his pure talent and size. Batch is a backup for a reason.

RB Brown vs Parker : Parker exploded last year for 5- 100 yard games (TEN, HOU, CINCY, CLEVE, and Det) while averaging 80.1 yards a game. Explosive and very fast.
Brown, gets the load in his second year, but can get the homerun. This vote goes to Parker due to the O=line and scheme, plus he's darn fast!

O-line MIA vs PITT : Pitt by a longshot, Mia is a work in progress at run blocking, but can protect the QB in pass plays

TE's : I'll call this a push, because both starters should be pro bowl bound this year!

WR's : Ward is a beast, Chambers has hands of glue! The Fins get more opportunities and the Steelers make good use of theirs. I'll give a slight edge to Miami because of Booker, who made the pro bowl a few years ago, but the edge is really slight.

D-Line : Pitt has been awsome, but the Fins don't give much. This one goes to Pitt based on past performance, not on projections.

LB's : Porter vs Zach - Porter is younger, faster and stronger, but that is what Zach has overcome his whole carrer, Miami is younger overall so this goes to Pitt.

Secondary: This is the Steelers weak point sans Polamula (sp?) I'll take the preseason starter numbers here , the Fins scheme overcomes all. Fins by a nose.

SPT : Both play well on coverage, Wes Welker vs a Randle El less team, I'll take the Fins due to the Steelers loss, not their ability.

Overall, this game could come down to the last minute. I just hope all our players finish healthy to play the next week. MAY the BETTER TEAM WIN

Y-Town
Qb : I'll Give you that.

Rb : Please believe it,....Willie will be the deciding factor.

Ol : No contest,... we have the best in the league.

TE : Advantage,....Us,.... Heath is a better Blocker

WR : I'll Give you that.

D- line: Advantage us,....you will gain no more than 70 yards rushing.

Lb : Stop Playin,...we don't have a single starter that's not a stud. Yeah,... Foote's a little undersized,....but he more than makes up for that with motor and intensity. Advantage us.

Secondary : I'll give you that. (Son of a,...) LOL

Spt : Push

Outcome: You come out the Tunnel trying to spread the field with some success. We create turnovers,....Willie kill's you on screens and or,....believe it or not,.....right between the Tackles. To keep it simple,.....advantage us,.....24-17. I agree (grudgingly) that it will be much closer than it should,....and that's only because of our "underated" lol,....secondary. (Disclaimer: this sarcasm,...in no way includes Troy Polamalu, Rod Woodson, Carnell Lake, Darren Perry, Deion Figures (Pre Gunshot wound) and a young Willie Williams.) Lmao

"May the God's Decide"

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #13
Y-townFinFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 2944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Hey Y-town. What part of Y-Town are you from? I work in Lordstown, and grew up around Y-Town here accross the border in Pa.
West Side, Spend alot of time around Tionesta Pa
Y-townFinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #14
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

I think this game comes down to Daunte Culpepper. If Culpepper plays like the Culpepper of Minnesota's glory days then I think the Dolphins have a huge advantage, however if Culpepper plays like last year's version the Steelers will have the edge.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #15
Y-townFinFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 2944

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Qb : I'll Give you that.

Rb : Please believe it,....Willie will be the deciding factor.

Ol : No contest,... we have the best in the league.

TE : Advantage,....Us,.... Heath is a better Blocker

WR : I'll Give you that.

D- line: Advantage us,....you will gain no more than 70 yards rushing.

Lb : Stop Playin,...we don't have a single starter that's not a stud. Yeah,... Foote's a little undersized,....but he more than makes up for that with motor and intensity. Advantage us.

Secondary : I'll give you that. (Son of a,...) LOL

Spt : Push

Outcome: You come out the Tunnel trying to spread the field with some success. We create turnovers,....Willie kill's you on screens and or,....believe it or not,.....right between the Tackles. To keep it simple,.....advantage us,.....24-17. I agree (grudgingly) that it will be much closer than it should,....and that's only because of our "underated" lol,....secondary. (Disclaimer: this sarcasm,...in no way includes Troy Polamalu, Rod Woodson, Carnell Lake, Darren Perry, Deion Figures (Pre Gunshot wound) and a young Willie Williams.) Lmao

"May the God's Decide"

I Love the dialog here! I think the Seahawks and Chiefs might argue with your O-line opinion! And I'm not sold on Parker either. His five games of 100 yards were against very poor teams (as noted), but he has a ton of speed. Your LBs are great, but Miami's are so young (other than Zach) they are hard to gauge. Our O-Line has not been good in preseason, but that will change come game time, so we'll se about your D-line.

I'll post my game theory tomorrow, for those interested.
Y-townFinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #16
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Quote:
I Love the dialog here! I think the Seahawks and Chiefs might argue with your O-line opinion! And I'm not sold on Parker either. His five games of 100 yards were against very poor teams (as noted), but he has a ton of speed. Your LBs are great, but Miami's are so young (other than Zach) they are hard to gauge. Our O-Line has not been good in preseason, but that will change come game time, so we'll se about your D-line.

lol what ?????? chiefs and seahawks arguing??? ... both just lost the best linemen on their respective teams ... hutchinson and roaf ... our D-line will engulf your o-line and peezy, farrior, foote, and haggans will get atleast 3 or 4 sacks in there collectively ... I'm also feeling a sack from Kiesel ... but probably so are a lot of other people ... the best comparison i could give you in regards to your 0-line is wet TP ... and if you run the ball ... ronnie brown is going to go "oh sh*t, i forgot the steelers had the best YPC average for a defense in stopping the run"

our offense will struggle a bit i feel ... but we should still pull it out ... 17-10 pitt
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #17
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:

Yes Fin,.. some might argue weather or not the Hawk's or the Chiefs have the Best O-lines. But in terms of Physicality and or Will,... i'd say we have the edge. In regards to Willie,,.. i don't think your taking his upside into consideration. Last year was his first full season as a starter since High School. And he performed well,... (at League level ! )
Have you considered the fact that he's worked harder in terms of conditioning this offseason,....knowing the expectations that have been "placed on his plate" (so to speak) ?
I look forward to him (Parker) proving himself as elite back this year. (Dare i say 1500 yard's)
Your linebackers,...no,....your entire Defense has consistently been your greatest strength. But,... Coach Whiz will gameplan for your revamped secondary. ( Your lucky it's Batch and not Ben)
I won't judge your O-Line based on Preason Ball (Most of us are just trying to make it out injury free),......But i just don't think they will hold water against Coach lebeau's gameplan and the expierience of our guys up front.

Oh yeah,....was the sarcasm ? LOL
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:54 AM   #18
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Why do I bother entering this thread. Everyone has made the most relevant points and counter-points.

But I've got a few points I'd like to make.

One Culpepper will be the deciding factor for the Fins, not the game. I don't think he's seen a defense like this in a few years and he definitely hasn't taken a hit from the likes of Porter, Polamalu, Haggans, Foote, or the Diesel.

Two, I believe the Dolphins defense has speed to burn. It's been that way for the last few years. However, this speed is what's going to hurt them. They'll over pursue and then when the Steelers run the counter plays, you'll see a few players looking back like, "Oh, crap, that was my position"

Three, we may have lost Randle El but we gained two more players who are just as dangerous as he was on the punt and kick-off returns. And there's a chance that they could both be back there at any one time.

Four, all the experts say it can't be done (the repeat). We've already been picked to finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs. The bungles and the raisins have been predicted to finish better than us. We don't have a chance....oh wait, we didn't have one last year either.

Finally, let me remind you of what awaits anyone coming into Heinz Field - 75,000 fanatical fans there to cheer on the defending Super Bowl champs!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:38 AM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Here goes!

QB C-Pep vs Batch : C-Pep wins by virtue of his pure talent and size. Batch is a backup for a reason. While I can't totally disagree here, who knows which Culpepper we'll see - he's turned into quite the chameleon the past couple of years.

RB Brown vs Parker : Parker exploded last year for 5- 100 yard games (TEN, HOU, CINCY, CLEVE, and Det) while averaging 80.1 yards a game. Explosive and very fast.
Brown, gets the load in his second year, but can get the homerun. This vote goes to Parker due to the O=line and scheme, plus he's darn fast! For the moment, I'd have to call a draw here, but Pittsburgh definitely does have the advantage on the OL.

O-line MIA vs PITT : Pitt by a longshot, Mia is a work in progress at run blocking, but can protect the QB in pass plays Definitely agree.

TE's : I'll call this a push, because both starters should be pro bowl bound this year! Agreed.

WR's : Ward is a beast, Chambers has hands of glue! The Fins get more opportunities and the Steelers make good use of theirs. I'll give a slight edge to Miami because of Booker, who made the pro bowl a few years ago, but the edge is really slight. I have to disagree here for the simple reason that Hines can also be utilized to pass the football and with Wiz's bag o' tricks, you never know when it's coming. I think this alone makes the Steelers O far more dangerous. Cedric Ward isn't PB caliber yet, but he's quite talented and fits in well with the Steelers' O. Santonio and Willie Reid may just surprise the Fins, as well. I feel the best I have in years about the Steelers' WR corps.

D-Line : Pitt has been awsome, but the Fins don't give much. This one goes to Pitt based on past performance, not on projections. Most definitely, but the Fins' D should not be taken for granted.

LB's : Porter vs Zach - Porter is younger, faster and stronger, but that is what Zach has overcome his whole carrer, Miami is younger overall so this goes to Pitt. As has been noted, I don't think it is wise to take Farrior, Foote and Hagans lightly. Our LBs work great together as a unit - probably the best unit in the league. While Porter is an animal on the field, Farrior thrives on hitting hard and making sure that his opponents remember #51.

Secondary: This is the Steelers weak point sans Polamula (sp?) I'll take the preseason starter numbers here , the Fins scheme overcomes all. Fins by a nose. Let me tell you a story about a man named Ike. While it is true that he isn't quite in Troy's league just yet, he's coming along nicely and coming on strong. 75 tackles and 11 assisted tacks for the season, not to mention 6 solo tackles and an assist, plus an INT in the SB that knocked the wind out of the Hawks' sails, are some pretty good credentials going into this season. The nice chunk of change he just received is a huge motivator for Ike, too, imho. Look out!

SPT : Both play well on coverage, Wes Welker vs a Randle El less team, I'll take the Fins due to the Steelers loss, not their ability. Fair enough, but I wish people would stop talking about "our loss". Coke and Reid are quite capable of getting the job done and securing good field position for the O. I'm not worried there.

Overall, this game could come down to the last minute. I just hope all our players finish healthy to play the next week. MAY the BETTER TEAM WIN I totally agree with you here. I think it is going to be a close contest. I, too, hope both teams come out of the game healthy, but I have to digress here and say that I would prefer the Steelers come out happier than the Fins! Good luck to you and the Dolphins and thanks for the great posts - I've really enjoyed them.
Y-Town[/QUOTE]

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #20
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
West Side, Spend alot of time around Tionesta Pa
Cool, we have a hunting camp up there in Tionesta.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote