Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2014 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989
Default Re: Need a break from drawing - so who are we drafting? :)

By comparisons sake they could package up their #1 and their second rounder next season or this season for a total of 1490 points. That could get them pick #7 or 8 from TB and MIN.

Khalil Mack anyone? Haha
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devin7558 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-26-2014), Justp94 (02-27-2014)
Old 02-27-2014, 12:40 AM   #12
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937

If we go Offense in the 1st round I'd be extremely disappointed considering our defense has gone from one of the best to one of the worst over the last two seasons. With that being said, I think we need to address the D-Line or Secondary in the 1st round, my 1st choice would be CB Justin Gilbert, however if he's not available my 2nd choice would be DT Aaron Donald from PITT (He'd be a great player to play opposite Cam Heyward at DE or maybe even compete for the NT position that McClendon hasn't fully reserved yet) and my 3rd choice would be either S Calvin Pryor or S Clinton-Dix to compete for the start FS position since Ryan Clark is most likely not going to be resigned.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #13
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,946 Times in 9,371 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Deep draft.
If anything, trade BACK.

I'd love to have multiple picks in R2 and/or R3.

Bucannon, Roberson, Pufifoy, Murphy... which one??? Multiple picks would solve my dilemma.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
devin7558 (03-01-2014)
Old 03-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #14
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

IMO who we end up picking up in free agency will tell a better story as far as where we will be looking. If we get a solid CB or S in Free agency, cross either of those positions off at #1. I wouldn't mind us picking up a serviceable S (ex. Ryan Clark) and then drafting best position at #1. CB depth is great in this draft so we would not have to go #1 necessarily to find someone who can play right away. Love Joyner/Roby in the 2nd.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #15
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkissle29 View Post
IMO who we end up picking up in free agency will tell a better story as far as where we will be looking. If we get a solid CB or S in Free agency, cross either of those positions off at #1. I wouldn't mind us picking up a serviceable S (ex. Ryan Clark) and then drafting best position at #1. CB depth is great in this draft so we would not have to go #1 necessarily to find someone who can play right away. Love Joyner/Roby in the 2nd.
Yep.

I see four major needs: NT, S, CB, & OLB... but, only three "top end" picks. If one of those positions is addressed in free agency, then the first three picks would be used on the other three positions.

Sign Jairus Byrd.
Draft: NT, S, CB.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #16
SteelerJT
Living Legend

Member Number: 25777
Thanked 5,591 Times in 2,516 Posts

Guys you'll see mentioned a lot also include Kelvin Benjamin and Marquise Lee. There have been lots of reports that this year they want to give Ben his "big" WR early, so that fuels a lot of speculation. Also recently Pat Kirwan has mocked Kony Ealy to the Steelers at 1.15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I know many will oppose this because of "how deep the draft is" or our depth problems but if there's one thing this season taught me it's that we are badly in need of DIFFERENCE MAKERS, which is who you get in the first round. Sacrificing some picks to get an extra first could be huge to re-open our championship window with Ben.
I think in general for the rest of Ben's career, they need to make more moves like the ones they did for Shark last year. Because they aren't capable of producing quality day 1 starters on defense, you're effectively drafting 2 years out anyway. So they got a start on Shark early, and the year his pick counts he should really be making impact and even might start.
SteelerJT is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelerJT For This Useful Post:
PhantomJB93 (03-01-2014)
Old 03-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #17
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Yep.

I see four major needs: NT, S, CB, & OLB... but, only three "top end" picks. If one of those positions is addressed in free agency, then the first three picks would be used on the other three positions.

Sign Jairus Byrd.
Draft: NT, S, CB.
I also wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers pull the trigger on CJ Mosley in the first as well. Though, I think a ILB at #1 is more a luxury pick, as we have enough serviceable guys there. Spence/WIlliams/Garvin - someone will end up being good, not great, but good enough.

Mosley and TImmons inside would be the next Bowman/Willis. Timmons has always needed that counterpart.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #18
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkissle29 View Post
I also wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers pull the trigger on CJ Mosley in the first as well. Though, I think a ILB at #1 is more a luxury pick, as we have enough serviceable guys there. Spence/WIlliams/Garvin - someone will end up being good, not great, but good enough.

Mosley and TImmons inside would be the next Bowman/Willis. Timmons has always needed that counterpart.
Mosley would be nice, but as you said: he's a luxury.

Furthermore, I like Williams; he's good enough. (And, if not for his injury, Spence would have been what Mosley is.)
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Sharkissle29 (03-01-2014)
Old 03-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #19
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Mosely is a please no ... I don't want any parts of Alabama prospects, unless its Haha

As for CB ... We wont see Gilbert on the board at 15 ... Dennard might be but he doesn't fit our D as much as I like him (if I was minny I'd look at Dennard, Xavier Rhodes and Darqueze Dennard would be 2 good young press corners)

Best CB in this draft though is Jason verett if only he had another 2 inches
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote