Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-24-2014, 05:20 AM   #21
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,240 Times in 2,960 Posts
My Mood: Sick
Default Re: Another marriage equality victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeckerWood View Post
first off Vis you don't know me so you don't what my standard is. I've never stepped foot in a church for worship just a few weddings and in my opinion marriage is just another way for religion to control man and future generations to control as much of the worlds money as it can. remember religion at on time damn near controlled all the worlds money.

myself I don't care who marries who and who raises who because imo there's important things man and woman can be working on then running the marriage bullshit through the court system.

I just find women sexually attractive not men just my point of view if you don't like it then just sue me. but I'm not homophobic.

there is no heaven or hell people do have a conscious but no soul.
I didn't assume anything about you. You volunteered that gay men freak you out. That's a reaction that is fading in society as homosexuality leaves the closet behind. That was my whole point. What was your point in telling us how it makes you feel?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #22
PeckerWood
Team Owner

Member Number: 13275
Thanked 3,173 Times in 1,561 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I didn't assume anything about you. You volunteered that gay men freak you out. That's a reaction that is fading in society as homosexuality leaves the closet behind. That was my whole point. What was your point in telling us how it makes you feel?

I could see bragging about having two mommies which could be pretty cool, not so much bragging about two daddies unless I was a gay child. being a straight male having two daddies as a child would've freaked me out a little when they would be showing their love for each other around you.

Vis I was talking as a child a lot has changed since that time. would of been nice if you would of really read the paragraph.

I guess when you write freaked out a little as a child people are going to go with the full blown freaked out as an adult in their minds.

I think Vis likes to go out at night and get his freak on.

Vis is Spurrier going to get them Cocks playing hard this coming football season?
PeckerWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #23
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
I could see bragging about having two mommies which could be pretty cool, not so much bragging about two daddies unless I was a gay child. being a straight male having two daddies as a child would've freaked me out a little when they would be showing their love for each other around you.

Vis I was talking as a child a lot has changed since that time. would of been nice if you would of really read the paragraph.

I guess when you write freaked out a little as a child people are going to go with the full blown freaked out as an adult in their minds.

I think Vis likes to go out at night and get his freak on.

Vis is Spurrier going to get them Cocks playing hard this coming football season?

I see what you said. And if you were a child with two daddies that would seem normal to you, not freak you out. See what I'm saying?

I'm to old to get my freak on.

The Cocks will contend for the SEC east but still be a step behind the best teams in the west

Old 03-24-2014, 08:01 AM   #24
PeckerWood
Team Owner

Quote:
I see what you said. And if you were a child with two daddies that would seem normal to you, not freak you out. See what I'm saying?

I'm to old to get my freak on.

The Cocks will contend for the SEC east but still be a step behind the best teams in the west
What is normal?

some might not think normal but appreciate having two people who care for them. i'll leave it at this.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #25
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
What is normal?

some might not think normal but appreciate having two people who care for them. i'll leave it at this.
Normal starts with what you know. If you only know same sex parents, that's normal. The definition can then expand through experience.

After that you can define normal based on some percentage of the population or you can imbue the word with some value judgment. Those who do the latter on this issue are losing the argument and that's a good thing.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #26
PeckerWood
Team Owner

Quote:
Normal starts with what you know. If you only know same sex parents, that's normal. The definition can then expand through experience.

After that you can define normal based on some percentage of the population or you can imbue the word with some value judgment. Those who do the latter on this issue are losing the argument and that's a good thing.
if you say so.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #27
PeckerWood
Team Owner

Quote:

argument? not really into that. just trying to have some fun time hear.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #28
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
argument? not really into that. just trying to have some fun time hear.
You pick the threads you participate in.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #29
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Quote:
When is the first case hitting the Ct of Appeals? That's when it gets interesting.
Appellate oral arguments start cranking up next month

“This is the penultimate act,” said Michael C. Dorf, a constitutional expert at Cornell University Law School, of the sudden wave of federal court hearings. It will start in Denver in April as the United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit considers rulings that overturned marriage limits in Utah and Oklahoma....

In addition to the Denver hearings next month, the Fourth Circuit, based in Richmond, will hear arguments in the Virginia case in May. These cases are likely to be decided by summer or fall.

In other regions, hearings have not yet been scheduled but are considered very likely this year in the Ninth Circuit, in San Francisco, regarding a 2012 decision that upheld Nevada’s restrictive law. They also could occur this year in the Fifth Circuit, in New Orleans, for the Texas case, and in the Sixth Circuit, in Cincinnati, for cases from Michigan, Ohio and Kentucky. ...

The Supreme Court will be all but forced to decide if, as appears possible, different circuits reach clashing conclusions. The one most likely to decide against same-sex marriage, many experts say, is the Fifth Circuit, which will decide the Texas appeal. That circuit includes Mississippi and Louisiana, and the court is viewed as largely made up of conservative judges.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/us...-justices.html
Old 03-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #30
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

http://www.scribd.com/doc/210665769/...urt-of-Appeals

Nos. 13-4178, 14-5003, and 14-5006 IN THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE TENTH CIRCUIT DEREK KITCHEN, individually, et al.,
Plaintiffs-Appellees
, —v.— GARY R. HERBERT, in his official capacity as Governor of Utah, et al.,
Defendants-Appellants
. MARY BISHOP, et al.,
Plaintiffs-Appellees
, —and— SUSAN G. BARTON, et al.,
Plaintiffs-Appellees/Cross-Appellants
, —v.— SALLY HOWE SMITH, in her official capacity as Court Clerk for Tulsa County, State of Oklahoma,
Defendant-Appellant/Cross-Appellee.

Case No. 13-4178: Appealed from the United States District Court for the District of Utah · Civil Case No. 13-CV-00217-RJS · Honorable Robert J. Shelby · Case Nos. 14-5003 and 14-5006: Appealed from the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma · Civil Case No. 04-CV-848-TCK-TLW · Honorable Terence C. Kern

BRIEF OF AMICI CURIAE WESTERN REPUBLICANS IN SUPPORT OF APPELLEES AND AFFIRMANCE

Attorneys for Amici Curiae