Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-07-2006, 05:01 AM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Steelers average face value ticket cost among lowest in NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
Actually, it has nothing to do with the product you are able to put on the field. There is little, if any correlation between winning and revenue generated. In 2004, 8 of the 12 playoff teams were in the bottom half of the league when it came to revenue generated. You're right though, it does have something to do with the money sunk into the enterprise, and those owners who have sunk huge amounts into their teams are also the ones generating some of the highest revenues, and keeping the vast majority of that revenue. And they deserve to keep it.

The Steelers are a middle market team. We're not getting any "handouts" under the new revenue sharing agreement, and we weren't getting any under the old one. While we may not contribute as much revenue as the Redskins or Patriots, the extra money from those two teams doesn't go to the Steelers.

Yes, Snyder's sunk a ton of money into the Redskins, but what does his team have to show for it? How many winning seasons in 7 years?
You are right, the 'product on the field' comment is more accurate description of a team like the Patriots rather than the Redskins.

However, the Redskins have shown consistent improvement over the last 3 years - from 5-11 to 6-10 and then 10-6 last year - it remains to be seen whether they can maintain this.

I think even if you aren't that successful fans need to believe that your team owners are at least trying everything in their power to improve the franchise.

You are correct about the Steelers being a 'middle market' team - I just found a link to that Forbes 'rich list' - thanks for pointing that out, I wasn't 100% sure where they were ranked.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:35 AM   #12
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

well face value to Steelers fans really doesn't mean much. If you are not a season ticket holder, be ready to pay some big $$$. I have spent as much as $300 to see the Steelers play Detroit a few years ago. If you don't think the scalpers and ticket brokers will tke advantage of the Steeler winning the SB you are crazy. Not only will it affect our home games, but with how well the Steelers travel, expect this at all of our away games also.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:41 AM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Now if they could only find a way to lower my preseason tickets instead of having me pay the same price for my regular season tickets. Even though I never see it happening, it would be nice.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #14
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Now if they could only find a way to lower my preseason tickets instead of having me pay the same price for my regular season tickets. Even though I never see it happening, it would be nice.
I'd have to say I think you are stuck with those prices....but not bad when you look at the whole picture!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
I have to admit that seems a crazy policy - I presume it is the same across all the teams in the NFL?

What have the attendances been like at home games in the pre-season?

Even if they were to sell out, you cant argue that the product on the field in pre-season is anything close to a regular season game.

Probably only one game out of the 4 pre-season games (typically the 3rd) is played with anything like the intensity and squad members you would expect of a regular season game.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:04 AM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7 View Post
I'd have to say I think you are stuck with those prices....but not bad when you look at the whole picture!!!!
It's just odd to me that playoff tickets are jacked up (which is understandable), but meaningless games are the same price as regular season games. If playoff games are more important and you pay more for those compared to regular season games, why should we have to pay the same price for regular season games as we do for meaningless preseason games?

Also, it makes it harder for people who never get a chance to attend games because of prices. You have people paying up to $600 dollars for a pair of preseason tickets and they didn't even get to see Parker, Ben or Ward play. So yeah, I find it bad for not only myself, but for fellow fans who are unable to attend games. It's bad for people who open up their wallets every year and for people who would like to see a game in person who rarely get a chance to attend a Steeler game.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 09-07-2006 at 09:15 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #17
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Quote:
It's just odd to me that playoff tickets are jacked up (which is understandable), but meaningless games are the same price as regular season games. If playoff games are more important and you pay more for those compared to regular season games, why should we have to pay the same price for regular season games as we do for meaningless preseason games?

Also, it makes it harder for people who never get a chance to attend games because of prices. You have people paying up to $600 dollars for a pair of preseason tickets and they didn't even get to see Parker, Ben or Ward play. So yeah, I find it bad for not only myself, but for fellow fans who are unable to attend games. It's bad for people who open up their wallets every year and for people who would like to see a game in person who rarely get a chance to attend a Steeler game.
Oh I definately agree with you, I just don't see it changing anytime soon. I would never pay the same amount for a preseason game that I do for regular season esp. since I don't have season tickets and am always prepared to pay hundreds to see the Steelers. To me I would rather watch a preseason at home anyways, but that's just me.