Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-31-2014, 08:10 PM   #11
Idioteque
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25859
Default Re: 7 Round Mock

I'm one of the few who doesn't like Matthews. Huge reception totals, but a ridiculous % of them came on screens. Considering his average deep speed and quickness, he looks to me like one of those super-productive college WRs who become backup slot guys in the pros. In this draft, I think we can do better and get much better value. Guys like Bruce Ellington and Cody Latimer will be sitting there in the 3rd and 4th.
Idioteque is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Idioteque For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (03-31-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #12
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,180 Posts
My Mood: Grumpy

1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, MSU
2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
3. Christian Jones, ILB, FSU
4. Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford
5. Shaquil Barrett, OLB, Colorado State
5. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
6. Rajion Neal, RB, Tennessee
6. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami or Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley(big sleeper)
7. Ryan Carrethers, NT, Arkansas State(wouldn't mind trading up in the 6th to make sure we get him)

Last edited by BLACK_AND_YELLOW; 04-09-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Added Jeff Janis & swapped out Jordan Mathhews for A.Rob
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BLACK_AND_YELLOW For This Useful Post:
emarines (04-09-2014), MDSteel15 (04-09-2014), pczach (04-10-2014), Steelstoned1972 (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #13
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, MSU
2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
3. Christian Jones, ILB, FSU
4. Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford
5. Shaquil Barrett, OLB, Colorado State
5. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
6. Rajion Neal, RB, Tennessee
6. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami or Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley(big sleeper)
7. Ryan Carrethers, NT, Arkansas State(wouldn't mind trading up in the 6th to make sure we get him)
Can always take him with the Comp in the 6th!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #14
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Can always take him with the Comp in the 6th!
I want Henderson with the comp pick. but if we could trade up by swapping picks then what the hell lol.

But maybe pick him with the comp pick and pick the FB from Oklahoma in the 7th
MDSteel15 (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #15
emarines
Team Captain

Member Number: 25461

1. darqueze dennard - cb - msu
2. stephon tuitt - de - nd
3. justin ellis - nt -louisiana tech
4. jared abberderis - wr - wisconsin
5. arthur lynch - te - georgia
5. shaquil barrett - colorado st
6. antonio andrews - rb - western kentucky
6. aaron colvin - cb - oklahoma
7. james morris - ilb - iowa
emarines is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emarines For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #16
SteelerJT
Team Owner

Member Number: 25777
Thanked 4,818 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
I want Henderson with the comp pick. but if we could trade up by swapping picks then what the hell lol.

But maybe pick him with the comp pick and pick the FB from Oklahoma in the 7th
I'm going to blame you if we draft that slob Henderson. We already have enough underachieving linemen. Greatly prefer Schofield.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #17
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJT View Post
I'm going to blame you if we draft that slob Henderson. We already have enough underachieving linemen. Greatly prefer Schofield.
lmao. But Imo with the comp pick he is worth it, He has all the tool maybe Munchak can turn him around

agreed on Michael Schofield. I enjoyed Prison Break
SteelerJT (04-09-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #18
Believe43
Water Boy

Member Number: 1429

1 CB JUSTIN GILBERT
2 WR MARTAVIS BRYANT
3 DE WILL CLARKE
4 S KENNY LADLER
5 DT JUSTIN ELLIS
5 RB DE'ANTHONY THOMAS
6 CB AARON COLVIN
6 ILB MAX BULLOUGH
7 TE MARCEL JENSEN
Believe43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #19
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

I've included a trade because honestly, that's my preferred Draft Day route for pick #15. I tried to think outside the box here in the middle to late rounds as to what I think they might do, I'm probably not even close lol. Enjoy.

Trade Alert

Miami Dolphins Trade #19, #81, & 2015 6th Round Pick for #15 and select OG Zach Martin.

1:19 -- Darqueze Dennard, Cornerback, Michigan State -- having moved back and still getting our guy, there's no harm in that at all. I do believe that the Jets could be a landing spot for Dennard, however I also believe they could be after a WR such as Beckum, who for purposes of this mock, I'm going to slot to NY at 18. Dennard's biggest appeal is his physicality, with the tutelage of Carnell Lake, I think he can develop into an elite corner in the NFL.

2:46 -- Stephen Tuitt, Defensive End, Notre Dame -- Despite my belief that Kelvin Benjamin might make it close to this spot I believe it's also possible a team like Carolina, New England, or SF pick him up and even though there are other talented WR's on the board at this spot, I feel very strongly our second biggest need is defensive end. If Tuitt is there I think it'll be very difficult to pass him by.

Alternative -- Kelvin Benjamin, Wide Receiver, Florida State -- If he is on the board our FO might be compelled to give Ben the big bodied receiver he has been looking for, boom or bust pick.

3:81 -- CJ Fiedorowicz, Tight End, Iowa -- If he's still on the board at this point, he could be a great weapon for Ben, especially if we're not taking a WR in one of the first two rounds because he's a big bodied guy as well. He isn't necessarily elite at any one skill but he's very balanced at each of them.

3:97 -- Jaylen Watkins, Cornerback, Florida -- the driving force behind my selection here is that Watkins may be a Safety convert, he gives the defense versatility. He is more than capable of being a corner at the NFL level, but I believe that this allows them options at Safety should they feel they need to pad that depth or create more competition.

Alternative -- Josh Huff, Wide Receiver, Oregon -- This isn't the tall receiver Ben is looking for, but he is a very speedy, athletic slot type receiver, with Wheaton projected as a likely starter this season, Huff could find his way into the starting lineup sparingly as the slot guy.

4:118 -- Josh Mauro, Defensive End, Stanford -- I've said this before and I'll say it again here, Brett Keisel 2.0.

5:157 -- Zach Kerr, Nose Tackle, Delaware -- Nose Tackle is a position that needs upgraded, perhaps not immediately but Kerr wouldn't start from day 1 anyway so this fits in line with that. He has all the tools to succeed as a 3-4 NT in Pittsburgh imo.

5:173 -- Devonta Freeman, Running Back, Florida State -- I have him falling because of his position, it's not unusual to see that happen. Freeman brings speed and more important a change of pace capability to the roster, something we haven't had in quite some time.

6:192 -- Jeff Janis, Wide Receiver, Siginaw Valley -- Potential here, tall well built receiver that could still be on the board because of the talent he has build his 'reputation against' (they weren't very good).

6:215 -- Shaquil Barrett, Outside Linebacker, Colorado State -- Isn't the first time I've mocked him to us, I get the feeling this is a guy that our FO might very well be attracted to, Joey Porter 2.0 perhaps? Ironic since, as I've said before Porter is actually on the staff now. Could really flourish in our system.

7:230 -- James Hurst, Offensive Guard, North Carolina -- Yes, I just mocked a guy that I've seen go as high as early 3rd round this offseason, in the 7th round. Between the fact he was injured during the 2013 season and the fact that he has never played an interior offensive line position, he could very well fall through the cracks as a project player.

[i]Alternative -- Donald Hawkins, Offensive Guard, Texas -- Another project guy, I genuinely believe that unless we get a steal we're not going to address the offensive line until the 7th round and a project guy seems the most likely way to go about it. Hawkins needs to significantly refine his techniques, luckily for him Munchak can help him do that.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #20
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

If the first 5 players you have end up Steelers I will be very happy.

I'm pretty sure Jordan Mathews will absolutely be there by the time we pick in the 2nd. Kelvin Benjamin could be there as well. Don't be surprised if Louis Nix is there as well coming off knee injury. Fire Hydrant NTs are being devalued in this league.

Tuitt is rising and Demarcus Lawrence is soaring. We won't get one of the better OLBs past the 3rd round in this year's draft. Prospects and developmental yes, just not the polished guys.

I honestly believe Shaq Barrett goes undrafted. 7th round maybe.

OT Seantrel Henderson update. -reportedly tested positive for "THE WEED" at combine. Also remember he couldn't finish pro-day with dehydration. That weed does give you cotton mouth.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote