Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #11
OHIO FIN FAN
Water Boy

Member Number: 2973
Default Re: BEN ONLY PASSES 10 TIMES A GAME ANYWAYS

Look I have nothing against the Steelers. I just feel that Roethlisberger has received way too much credit. He was put in a great situation on a team that just needs their QB to manage the game. He is nothing special and way overrated.
OHIO FIN FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #12
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

I was watching Mike and Mike earlier this morning and they were discussing Big Ben. One of them brought up the point that the Steelers rarely ever win games when Ben has to throw a lot of passes, like 25+...but then Golic pointed out that the Steelers were usually trailing when Ben had to throw that many passes. The other guy responded saying something like "Exactly, Ben hasn't shown the ability to lead his team back when trailing late in the game, the Steelers usually jump out early on teams and then Ben is able to manage the game from there, when Ben has had to shoulder the load he hasn't been very effective."
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

As long as he get's us rings, I really don't care what anybody thinks...lol. Thanks for your insight though. It was very interesting. I mean, it's not like it was anything we haven't already heard. We had to listen to the same shtick from bandwagon Bungal fans who recently jumped on the wagon.

Then again, I would rather some consider my QB overrated (even though I completely disagree) than my whole team going into this season. It's funny listening to a Dolphin fan calling anybody or anything overrated and over-hyped going into this season.

Once again, it's been fun buddy and predictable.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 09-06-2006 at 06:53 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #14
OHIO FIN FAN
Water Boy

Talk about overrated. You guys will probably finish third in the AFC North this year. Now that the league gave you that ring you won't be so "fortunate" this season.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO FIN FAN View Post
Talk about overrated. You guys will probably finish third in the AFC North this year. Now that the league gave you that ring you won't be so "fortunate" this season.
As with your original post on this thread, very well thought out...LOL. Good job and here's a cookie.

When you get five rings, let me know, okay?
Old 09-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
OHIO FIN FAN
Water Boy

When you guys have a perfect season let me know. LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #17
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
I was watching Mike and Mike earlier this morning and they were discussing Big Ben. One of them brought up the point that the Steelers rarely ever win games when Ben has to throw a lot of passes, like 25+...but then Golic pointed out that the Steelers were usually trailing when Ben had to throw that many passes. The other guy responded saying something like "Exactly, Ben hasn't shown the ability to lead his team back when trailing late in the game, the Steelers usually jump out early on teams and then Ben is able to manage the game from there, when Ben has had to shoulder the load he hasn't been very effective."
Well geez, he's only lost 4 games. Would a team rather have a guy who falls behind first? I don't get it. The only thing that counts is "W". So he either DOES win those games (after all, he's only lost 4 in two years), or he doesn't have to be in that position.

What's the point? We have one guy projecting an alternate reality as if it were predestined fact, and another repeating constructed straw arguments that were invented to fill air time. Toss some juice this way guys. Say something worthwhile. Point to how your team got better or something, ANYTHING, that makes sense. Even saying that Batch can't get it done makes more sense than the goofy stuff you've trotted out here.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Hmmmm...let's weigh this.

Perfect season or five rings. This is tough. Let me get back to you on that one. lol.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #19
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Well geez, he's only lost 4 games. Would a team rather have a guy who falls behind first? I don't get it. The only thing that counts is "W". So he either DOES win those games (after all, he's only lost 4 in two years), or he doesn't have to be in that position.

What's the point? We have one guy projecting an alternate reality as if it were predestined fact, and another repeating constructed straw arguments that were invented to fill air time. Toss some juice this way guys. Say something worthwhile. Point to how your team got better or something, ANYTHING, that makes sense. Even saying that Batch can't get it done makes more sense than the goofy stuff you've trotted out here.

Tom
Don't get all pissy about it, it's just something I heard on ESPN this morning and decided to throw out there because it was somewhat relevant to this "discussion."

I don't believe Big Ben's a bad QB...I think he's very good and is on track to become one of the better QB's in the league (assuming he can avoid any more freak accidents). That being said, Roethlisberger was pretty inconsistent last year...at times he would look like Joe Montana and at others he would look like he was still a rookie. While Ben has made a lot of key plays for the Steelers and has been quite efficient, it is still yet to be seen if he can carry a team by himself ala Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer. Ben has been fortunate enough to not be faced with that kind of situation very often with a rock solid run game and a dominate defense.

I want to see Ben lead the Steelers from behind when they're losing in the 4th quarter...I want to see him run an effective 2-minute drill when his team is down by 7...perhaps this will be the year when he can prove he's the man in Pitt.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #20
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO FIN FAN View Post
No I am trying to be serious with you guys. If Palmer wasn't "accidentally" knocked out of the playoff game you guys would have lost. That is a true fact. Palmer and the boys would have beaten you deep all game long.
If it a "true fact", then prove it. Have you forgotten that we had beaten the Bengals in their own house while they had Palmer for an entire game in the regular season?

Doh! Lay off the crack...