Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #21
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: BEN ONLY PASSES 10 TIMES A GAME ANYWAYS

Obviously CS85 (and OHIO FIN FAN), you don't remember the Steelers/Cowboys game from 2004, where the Steelers were down late in the game and came back to win on a late TD pass. Who was the QB in that game? Why, it was Ben Roethlisberger! And also, let's not forget the Steelers/Jax game from the same season when the Steelers came back and held on to win the game on a late Jeff Reed FG. Who was the QB who led that drive? Why, it was Ben Roethlisberger! And I might add, both games were in his rookie season, when QBs aren't supposed to do things like that. Or how about the Steelers/Chargers game from last season, when again, the Steelers won on a late Reed FG. Who was the QB who led that drive in that game? Why, it was Roethlisberger again, before he got hurt, of course. And let's not even get into the games he had against your Bengals, the Colts and Broncos in the playoffs, when the Steelers came out throwing right out of the gate and put up points early in games. He also managed to best Mr. Palmer on your own turf last season and nearly matched him TD for TD in the second game here at Heinz. Sure, he hasn't been called on to do it often, but he has proven in the past that he can get it done when he has to carry the load on his shoulders.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 09-06-2006 at 07:51 PM.
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #22
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Either way, when you have the lowest QB rating in Superbowl history for a winning QB, I think you have something to prove next season.

I would've liked to have seen the wildcard game with a healthy Palmer. It would have been interesting to see if Ben could've won in a shoot out, which that game surely would have ended up being.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:01 PM   #23
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

And you know this...how? Based on ONE PASS early in the first quarter?? Sorry, but there's no way you can say that the game would have definitely been a shootout. It COULD have been, certainly, but then again, the Steelers D could have made adjustments to shut Palmer down. In other words - we will never know for sure.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #24
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
And you know this...how? Based on ONE PASS early in the first quarter?? Sorry, but there's no way you can say that the game would have definitely been a shootout. It COULD have been, certainly, but then again, the Steelers D could have made adjustments to shut Palmer down. In other words - we will never know for sure.
Well...we won't for a few weeks at least. I made that statement based on that one pass, yes, as well as the fact that even Kitna was pretty effective against the Steelers defense before the whole half-time breakdown. I'm 99% positive that Palmer would have outperformed Kitna.

But, like I said, we'll see for sure in just a few weeks.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #25
SteelersFreak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2842

You guys are funny.

You're telling me that because of ONE pass in the beginning of the game, the Steelers DB's would have been exploited and the game would have been a shootout? Where do you people pull this stuff from?

And about Ben not being able to lead the team, I can think of five or six times when Ben has had to lead the Steelers back, and all last season in the playoffs Ben came out throwing the ball and the Steelers went up early. And about having the worst QB rating in the Super Bowl, this matters why? The Steelers WON the game, the only real reason he didn't rack up a massive QB rating was that he really didn't complete or throw many passes down the field, most of his passes were shorter completions, so he got less yards. Also, when the Steelers got a lead, they started running the ball consistently, so Ben threw much less.

Some of you guys really need to think some of your arguments over.
SteelersFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #26
OHIO FIN FAN
Water Boy

Member Number: 2973

Look, Little Ben is overrated and you all know it. Also just admit the SB win was all because of the refs bad calls. Seattle iwas a better team with a much better QB.
OHIO FIN FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #27
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO FIN FAN View Post
Look Steeler fan why is everyone so down about Roethlisberger's injury. Your offense is based on the run anyway. How many pass attempts did he average per game last season, maybe 10. Enjoy you SB win which was based purely on luck and LET'S GO DOLPHINS!!!!
Hey OFF. Try 20 Passes and at least 40 run plays. Don't forget the gadget plays to.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:11 PM   #28
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Well...we won't for a few weeks at least. I made that statement based on that one pass, yes, as well as the fact that even Kitna was pretty effective against the Steelers defense before the whole half-time breakdown. I'm 99% positive that Palmer would have outperformed Kitna.

But, like I said, we'll see for sure in just a few weeks.
Yes, we will. Indeed.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #29
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO FIN FAN View Post
Look, Little Ben is overrated and you all know it. Also just admit the SB win was all because of the refs bad calls. Seattle iwas a better team with a much better QB.
Dude, seriously...if that's all you've got, then don't even bother. Seattle was NOT the better team that day and did not play well, something that many of their players and Hasselbeck himself admitted. And I really, really don't want to hear about the "bad calls" in the SB - that horse has been beaten to death so many times over that it isn't even worth the time I'm taking to address it right now. So you can go and sell that sugar somewhere else, pal, because we don't want any here.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #30
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

For the people saying Roethlisberger doesn't perform when he's behind in a game, his QB rating when he's behind is 115.3.....