Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
Y-townFinFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 2944
Default Y-Towns Game Theory

I'd like to begin by thanking all of those who replied to me first two threads. I learned alot about the Steelers and their fans. While I don't think anyones opinion is wrong, I do think that they were varied as to Fans with Steelers glasses on, to fototball fans in general who see the whole picture. None of which is a bad thing!!! At least noone told me to leave your site as the enemy! I'm a huge NFL fan first, but a hardcore Fins fan for 36 years and I am greatfull for everyones input.

Now for my Theory Of The Game!!!! (please take all with a grain of salt)

This game is in your house, coming off a SuperBowl win. The fans will be unbelievable and loud. Which bye the way has been that way for decades! It looks bad for the Fins!!

Just what the doctor ordered. Since the NFL started the Thursday Opening, the home team has won each time, but that will change tomorrow, Sept 7. The Steelers are overrated! Got your attention now I take it!

Willie Parker, outside of five games against bad defenses, was a bad runningback, and not worthy of a top three round fantasy pick all this year. He's small (for a starter) and won't last half a season before hitting the injury list. His BIG problem is that he isn't playing the Browns this week, He's playing the Dolphins, who have a huge D-Line. While Pitts O-line is good, you can't move the immovable.

Batch is a nobody QB who can't even start for the Lowly Lions, so get a grip on reality. He beat Green Bay and Cleveland last year, which your local High School team could have done. Please do not put your hopes in his arm, because you might as well have Maddox back.

Hines Ward is a GREAT player, period. Even he can't carry this passing game with Batch throwing the rock.

Heath Miller is a future Pro Bowler and will make some noise.

On Defense, a great front seven, then a sinkhole. Without a doubt, the Steelers biggest weakness, and Miami WILL exploit this. Culpepper will rise from his issues and make the Steelers pay, Bank on it

As far as coaching, noone should ever doubt Cowher, he's a HOF inductee for sure. I hope all of you can attend his induction ceremony, it's a great thing to be apart of (I took my son to Marino's). Great time! Anyway, Malarky and Capers have a clue here, I'll let you figure this part out.

Dolphins Passing game- This will surprise everyone, and win the game!!!!!

Running game- This will disappoint FIN fans due to the Steelers front seven, but will outgain Parker by 25 yards.

Ya'll know about Chambers, McMicheal, Booker, Welker and the rest, no need to get into detail. The question is, CAN YOU STOP THEM! I doubt it

Defense- Will prove to be better than yours, all around. Phins get 4 turnovers and five sacks, game over!!!

Final score Dolphins 31 Steelers 13

Remember, Take with a grain of salt, I'm not a furtune teller, just havin fun!

I Pray that everyone has a good time during the game and all our players can stay healthy for the next game.

Good Luck to all of you this season, and in life, may the best team WIN

Y-Town
Y-townFinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Y-Towns Game Theory

I liked you up until the prediction.

GOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo Steelers!

Miami is on thier way up, I agree.

Steelers are already there. Steelers 27 dolphins 10. And I`m going to Shulas high school alm maters game friday.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: Y-Towns Game Theory

Before the floodgates open up, let me throw in my two cents...just 'cause I love an intelligent debate. I'll give you the fact that Parker is small and he really did only have a few big games last year. But he is the featured back and we like to run....alot! That Miami "D" will wear down and he'll capitalize late in the game. As far as Miami's passing game? Unless Culpepper can throw from his back, he's in for a really long night. (Watch Peyton's performance in last year's playoff game against Pittsburgh for reference.) As far as tight ends and receivers go... unless they can pick up Culpepper's fumbles, they won't see much action. We're solid on special teams coverage, but there's always a big run back early in the season, so there's one TD for you. I actually do think Ronnie Brown will get in for a score though, maybe even two, he's big and strong...but it just won't be enough. Pittsburgh-24 Miami-21.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Ok so Y-Town what makes you think you'll win by 18. That is a BIG MISTAKE PREDICTION MY FRIEND. The Steelers don't lose easy at home. You have to come out and take chances all the time. With as noisy as the crowd will be, Daunte will have his whooping he should have had last year. The D is just too tough in my opinion. Batch will be great while Ben is recovering from his appendectimy.

Steelers win by 2 Touchdowns
27-13.

Don't worry Y-Town, there is still time after this game to make up lost ground.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #5
Y-townFinFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 2944

I love it!! Keep it coming! Remember it's all in fun and mean no bad feelings toward anyone, just good football talk. LAY IT ON ME
Y-townFinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote: "Final score Dolphins 31 Steelers 13"

That score is laugable. I'll take it with a case of salt lmao.

If the Dolphins do win (and that's a big IF) it damn sure won't be by 18 points. You do realize that Ike Taylor was able to shut down Chad Johnson in 3 games last year, and Marvin Harrison minus one play in 2 games right?

Chambers: Good reciever not great. Hines is a better overall player and our coaching staff isn't going to ask hines to carry the passing game. That's not how they operate.

McMichael: Better than average, but in Mularky's offense he won't do nearly as much as your used to seeing from him. Trust all Steeler fans when we tell you that Mularky is not the answer for your offensive questions.

Mularky & Caper: Can the students really best the teacher? I doubt it.

Booker, Welker and the rest: Who???

4 turnovers and 5 sacks: Dude, you can't be serious right? That is one of the top offensive lines your "big D-line" is going up against. No way in hell they are getting 5 sacks on that line(not even with Rob Johnson as qb would that happen).

Well in closing I will say this. I think Miami is a good team, maybe even a contender, but some of those predictions are on Mars. We, as Steeler fans, really appreciate it when fans from other teams come on our board to talk in a civil manner. So thanks for your class.

Final Score: Steelers 24 Fins 20

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #7
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

4 turnovers and five sacks? What you smok'in in Y Town? Must be the good stuff!
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head View Post
He's on Crack and weed.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Y-Town......you're alright. You also wrong.........but you're alright!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #10
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head View Post

From what I hear in Y-Town, they have the best crack!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote