Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #11
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Muslim Brotherhood threatens to sue British government

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Not worried about Muslims... :)
Nor me. There are plenty of Islamic groups that are already banned in the UK, the Muslim Brotherhood will have nothing to worry about, as long as their activities are lawfull, and have no connection to terrorism.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagen View Post
Nor me. There are plenty of Islamic groups that are already banned in the UK, the Muslim Brotherhood will have nothing to worry about, as long as their activities are lawfull, and have no connection to terrorism.
they've already proven in egypt that they have zero problem resorting to violence if they don't get their way. it doesn't bother you that they've issued a threat to the UK ? it should. because the citizens will be the one's being blown up , not the government.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #13
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
they've already proven in egypt that they have zero problem resorting to violence if they don't get their way. it doesn't bother you that they've issued a threat to the UK ?.
Nah! It isn't as though a terrorist threat is anything new here.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878

Quote:
they've already proven in egypt that they have zero problem resorting to violence if they don't get their way. it doesn't bother you that they've issued a threat to the UK ? it should. because the citizens will be the one's being blown up , not the government.
We're already a target for radical Muslim terrorists and we have been for 10 years, just like we have been by radical Irish Terrorists for 30 years before that. The bloke who blew a bomb up in a gay pub in London was a homophobic neo-Nazi and there's plenty of knuckle-dragging arseholes to keep him company.

Am I worried about it - no more than I was yesterday.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #15
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
We're already a target for radical Muslim terrorists and we have been for 10 years, just like we have been by radical Irish Terrorists for 30 years before that. The bloke who blew a bomb up in a gay pub in London was a homophobic neo-Nazi and there's plenty of knuckle-dragging arseholes to keep him company.

Am I worried about it - no more than I was yesterday.
There's a big difference between the radical muslims and the radical irish. the muslims had the welcome mat rolled out for them by the britts...the irish didn't roll out the welcome mat for the britts.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-15-2014, 05:38 PM   #16
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
As Muslim population grows, what can happen to a society?

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:
United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
China is, and has been fighting a long-standing guerrilla war with the Uighur muslims in Xigjiang province. It borders Afghanistan and the Chinese used the border to allow Mujahideen to cross into and out of its territory from Pakistan into Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation, thus reminding us that during the Cold War, we had more Communists on our side than the Soviets had on theirs. They're now reaping the benefits of that activity with a low-level insurgency on-going since 2007.
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%
At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.
This is happening in:
Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
It's not unique to Muslims though. What's being described here is what any minority group does if it fears that it is being marginalised. The Irish catholics did it in Northern Ireland, the Sikhs did it in the 1980's. Now it's the far right and yes, to a degree, Muslims. We're a former Imperial nation and many of these issues are our debt for years of fucking around with politics In places like south Asia. we're really not a good example to quote here.
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%
From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for
Muslims.
This is a truism - Halal food preparation is a fundamental part of being a Muslim. Anywhere where there is a Muslim population, Halal meat preparation will be taking place - even Australia and Canada.....
They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:
France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%
At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections, in:
Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Largely in Kashmir, funded and militarily supported by Pakistan - a good old-fashioned land-grab by a country not strong enough militarily to take Kashmir conventionally. Even then Muslims groups don't even make the top 5 Indian terrorist threats - they're well behind Sikhs wanting their own state, Tamils resenting Indian government support for the non-Tamil Government in Sri Lanka, and good old-fashioned Maoist Rebels wanting a Communist state in North East India, bordering the (surprise, Surprise) Communist and former communist states of Myanmar and the People's Republic of China. You want to see a militarised society, go to Assam or Nyagaland in North East India - Good Ol' Chairman Mao's responsible for that
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 15%
I do think the author has somewhat underplayed the Chechen conflict in the paragraph above.....
After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:
Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%
At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:
Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
The Bosnian muslims, though responsible for some pretty unpleasant things themselves during the Balkan wars, were largely the victims of war crimes during the war with Serbia, so this seems a bit unfair! Is the author blaming them for their own mass murder?
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%
From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and ***ya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:
Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%
After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:
Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Been here, don't recognise the description - locals were fabulously friendly even to this non-believer
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
See above
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
See above
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%
100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:
Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 100%
Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

I've been to Morocco half a dozen times. Once, I went trekking in the High Atlas mountains, in September. You're in Africa but the Atlas are high and it's frigging cold up there at night. We pitched our tents and set a fire, and after 20 minutes a local shepherd wanders over and just flops down next to us. We all just sit there - He clearly speaks no English and my Arabic stops at hello and thank you. It's dark and you can hear the sheep clanking about on the meadows around us and he produces this insane coffee from a brown paper bag. I've never tasted coffee like it. So we make with the cigarettes and Mars Bars and he's just a great, great bloke. Next morning we wake up and him and his flock are gone, but he's left us his whole bag of coffee. He's not a rich guy, but that's what he does. I know better than most that there are some swivel-eyed psychopaths hiding behind the muslim faith, who will happily swap this life for the next if they can bring you along, but it's a tiny percent of the whole, most of whom are happy to get through the week with a roof, food and generally cigarettes and a TV showing sport. I genuinely don't recognise places like Jordan, and Morocco or Turkey from the description posted above. I just don't. That doesn't mean shitty things aren't going on in Morocco, or Jordan, in the name of Islam, I wouldn't be so nave, but that's a different scenario to what's painted above.

Until a few years back, the top ten list of countries with the highest number of insurgency deaths would have been populated by such places as Myanmar, and Sri Lanka and Nepal. One of the first Terrorist organisation so-recognised by the US government, before Al-Queda, or the Al Aqsa Martyrs, or Islamic Jihad, was the PKK, or the Kurdish Workers Party. They were fighting a war with the Turkish Government so they were bad. Then they fought Saddam, because historically part of Kurdistan includes Iraq, so we helped them out. In Iraq. In Turkey they were still the enemy. So we're selling jets to Turkey to bomb the shit out of the Kurds in Turkey, and selling them GPS units and stingers in Iraq so they can take out Saddam's Hind gunships. What's my point? Fucked if I know, but it's probably about the fact that terrorism is rarely easily categorised into an all-encompassing statement which includes nearly 2 billion people.

That's not to say that the bastards who ordered 9/11 didn't deserve to be incinerated alive in their bunkers under the western Himalayas, or those that supported it or still fight in the name of those that did. I have no problem with doing my tiny bit to help that happen and I sleep just fine. I just don't equate those sociopaths with the bloke and his sheep and his awesome coffee in the Moroccan Atlas, and I worry that that's exactly what these sorts of analyses do

Last edited by BritishSteel; 04-15-2014 at 05:57 PM. Reason: I can't spell, it's late and I have fingers like clams
BritishSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BritishSteel For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #17
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
There's a big difference between the radical muslims and the radical irish. the muslims had the welcome mat rolled out for them by the britts...the irish didn't roll out the welcome mat for the britts.
I'm not sure what you mean here....

Last edited by BritishSteel; 04-15-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean here....
i mean the irish had/have a legitimate grievance against great britain.. they were colonized and treated like shit under foreign rule for centuries. then when they are finally given self rule , england decides to keep part of their country ? i can understand why some might be a little put off ...
the muslims on the other hand CHOSE to live there and chose to live under british rule and law. they can return to their home country if they decide it don't suit them rather than start killing people to show their displeasure. on the other hand ireland belongs to the irish.
how many irishmen have come to england and decapitated british soldiers ?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:35 AM   #19
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
i mean the irish had/have a legitimate grievance against great britain.. they were colonized and treated like shit under foreign rule for centuries. then when they are finally given self rule , england decides to keep part of their country ? i can understand why some might be a little put off ...
the muslims on the other hand CHOSE to live there and chose to live under british rule and law. they can return to their home country if they decide it don't suit them rather than start killing people to show their displeasure. on the other hand ireland belongs to the irish.
how many irishmen have come to england and decapitated british soldiers ?
Please don't tell me you're one of those who think the IRA are brave freedom fighters throwing off the yoke of British colonial oppression by blowing the heads off 11 year old kids whose colonialist crime was to walk down a shopping street in Warrington.

Terrorists are terrorists are terrorists. It's really just that simple. I could point out the money trail that went from Noraid collections in the bars and pubs of Boston via the IRA and Qaddafi through to charmers like Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah, but it seems redundant if you accept the premise that if someone murders civillians for political or religious aims, then they're a terrorist and it doesn't much matter what their motivation or cause is.

Most radicalised muslims are UK born second or third generation. A lot are Kashmiri and their parents moved here after the partition of India in the 1940s, when, for reasons uncertain, we split India and Pakistan up and gave India the Islamic province of Kashmir, thus leading to the first India-Pakistan war and a massive Kashmiri refugee crisis. We learned our lesson in Bangladesh 20 years later. Except we spectacularly didn't. It is MUCH more complicated than just 'letting people in'. That doesn't make the impacts of their radicalisation right, but we aren't flinging our doors wide for every bomb-throwing radical out there, this is a post colonial issue more than its an immigration issue.

Last edited by BritishSteel; 04-16-2014 at 05:07 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishSteel For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (04-16-2014), Vis (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Please don't tell me you're one of those who think the IRA are brave freedom fighters throwing off the yoke of British colonial oppression by blowing the heads off 11 year old kids whose colonialist crime was to walk down a shopping street in Warrington.

Terrorists are terrorists are terrorists. It's really just that simple. I could point out the money trail that went from Noraid collections in the bars and pubs of Boston via the IRA and Qaddafi through to charmers like Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah, but it seems redundant if you accept the premise that if someone murders civillians for political or religious aims, then they're a terrorist and it doesn't much matter what their motivation or cause is.

Most radicalised muslims are UK born second or third generation. A lot are Kashmiri and their parents moved here after the partition of India in the 1940s, when, for reasons uncertain, we split India and Pakistan up and gave India the Islamic province of Kashmir, thus leading to the first India-Pakistan war and a massive Kashmiri refugee crisis. We learned our lesson in Bangladesh 20 years later. Except we spectacularly didn't. It is MUCH more complicated than just 'letting people in'. That doesn't make the impacts of their radicalisation right, but we aren't flinging our doors wide for every bomb-throwing radical out there, this is a post colonial issue more than its an immigration issue.
absolutely not ! ...anyone who indiscriminately kills innocent people who have nothing to do with whatever the agenda may be, is a cowardly piece of shit. be they irish , muslim , or any other group.

all i'm saying is that the irish didn't invade england and pick the fight...and some might suggest the whole thing with the IRA could have been prevented simply by getting the fuck out of ireland.
.when the afghans fought back against the soviets invaders they were called freedom fighters by the west...now when they fight back against the western invaders , they are called terrorist.
how about the french resistance after the nazi's took france ? i'm sure the nazi's considered them terrorist.. .

as for immigration ...let me put it this way... i wouldn't allow a wolf to enter my home. i don't care how friendly and tame the wolf appears to be outside. it's not coming into my house. therefor i KNOW my family and i will never have to worry about being attacked or feel threatened by a wolf in my house. besides my house is already crowded enough and i don't need another mouth to feed.

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
BritishSteel (04-20-2014)