Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 04-14-2014, 12:49 AM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts
Default G.o.T. who killed the king ?

ok...if you read the books then STFU....so who do you think poisoned joffry ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:50 AM   #2
SteelerJT
Team Owner

Member Number: 25777
Thanked 4,105 Times in 1,939 Posts
Default Re: G.o.T. who killed the king ?

It was Colonel Mustard.. in the Ballroom... with a Candlestick.
GodfatherofSoul (04-14-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Marjorie and/or the grandmother (can't think of her name). It was either the pie she fed him or the wine glass that was by the grandmother.

I knew someone was going to bite it at the wedding. I was so nervous it was going to be Tyrion. Then I was all like "yussssss."

Great actor, definitely gave you a character you loved to hate.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
ok...if you read the books then STFU....so who do you think poisoned joffry ?
I may be many things, but I'm not a rat.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Marjorie and/or the grandmother (can't think of her name). It was either the pie she fed him or the wine glass that was by the grandmother.

I knew someone was going to bite it at the wedding. I was so nervous it was going to be Tyrion. Then I was all like "yussssss."

Great actor, definitely gave you a character you loved to hate.
i watched the seen over a couple times. if it was the wine, the only one who could have poisoned it was marjorie. the wine itself came from in front of cercie , and the way the events unfolded , there's noway it could have been premeditated by tyrion or sansa. their close proximity to joffry's cup was just a coincidence. plus tyrion and sansa was more focused on leaving then anything else.
it couldn't have been olenna , she was too far away and there was a guard standing right behind them (see pic below). marjorie was the only other person that touched the cup.
my question is who is queen now ?
i thought a marriage in a monarchy wasn't official until it was consummated. so would cersie still be queen ? they did make a big point of it with the scene with prince oberyn reminding her she is not a queen anymore.. could cercie have killed him to stay in power ?

now if it was the pie, that opens up endless suspects.. yet again marjorie was anxious to shovel the pie down joffry's throat making the tyrell's the biggest suspect still. obviously the "fool" is involved. encouraging sansa to haul ass right away makes her look guilty...most likely it's by design.

[IMG] image hosting 10mb limit[/IMG]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 04-14-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i watched the seen over a couple times. if it was the wine, the only one who could have poisoned it was marjorie. the wine itself came from in front of cercie , and the way the events unfolded , there's noway it could have been premeditated by tyrion or sansa. their close proximity to joffry's cup was just a coincidence. plus tyrion and sansa was more focused on leaving then anything else.
it couldn't have been olenna , she was too far away and there was a guard standing right behind them (see pic below). marjorie was the only other person that touched the cup.
my question is who is queen now ?
i thought a marriage in a monarchy wasn't official until it was consummated. so would cersie still be queen ? they did make a big point of it with the scene with prince oberyn reminding her she is not a queen anymore.. could cercie have killed him to stay in power ?
Margaery would only have been a Queen Consort, not a Queen Regnant, so she wouldn't inherit the crown from Joffrey even if the marriage was consummated.

Tommen becomes king, but as he is too young to rule, Cersei is Queen Regent. But regardless of all that, Tywin is really the boss.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #7
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 6,796 Times in 2,428 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Lokki (04-15-2014), Wagen (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagen View Post
Margaery would only have been a Queen Consort, not a Queen Regnant, so she wouldn't inherit the crown from Joffrey even if the marriage was consummated.

Tommen becomes king, but as he is too young to rule, Cersei is Queen Regent. But regardless of all that, Tywin is really the boss.
so the tyrells would gain nothing by killing joffrey ? well except freeing margaery of course. unless they have some weird rule about marrying the next in line. if i'm not mistaken , i seem to recall that caitlin was to marry neds starks brother , but he was killed so she was then married to ned.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #9
CNEW
Starter

Member Number: 25021

From reddit.com. Not sure how truthful this is, but interesting nonetheless:

Quote:

Ser Dontos The Red (The Fool) gives Sansa the necklace from his 'mother', really from Petyr Baelish. Whilst Lady Olenna Tyrell looks for a special necklace as well.

7 Crystals on each tri-corner.

Lady Olenna Tyrell plucks the poisonous crystals named 'The Strangler' from Sansa's necklace during the wedding. The goblet that Tyrion retrieves under orders from Joffrey was within reach of Lady Olenna Tyrell.

Notice the right-most crystal is missing from the tri-corner.

And a horrible death for a horrible king.
CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

i'm pretty sure that qualifies for a spoiler...thanks dumbass.

Quote:
Lady Olenna Tyrell plucks the poisonous crystals named 'The Strangler' from Sansa's necklace during the wedding. The goblet that Tyrion retrieves under orders from Joffrey was within reach of Lady Olenna Tyrell.
if uou look at the picture below you'll see olenna is nowhere near the cup plus there is a guard who i think would have noticed.

[IMG] photo hosting[/IMG]

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 04-15-2014 at 04:53 PM.