Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 AM   #1
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,343 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Rolando McClain can't finish workout with Ravens

On one hand, the 24-year-old linebacker's comeback attempt likely won't be saddled by the Ravens' holding onto his rights. On the other, it's unlikely anyone will sign him.

Former Raiders first round draft pick Rolando McClain signed last year with the Baltimore Ravens, and promptly retired from the league after finding himself in legal hot water.

He made his first steps in a comeback effort today, all starting with a workout with the team for whom he has yet to play.

It seems like those are the only steps of a football variety McClain has taken recently.

NFL.com reported McClain "bombed his workout," failing to finish the conditioning tests and not even taking part in position drills. He even showed up late, according to the report.

Perhaps it was one of those workouts he meant to cancel, like Kelvin Benjamin allegedly did. In McClain's case, that would almost assuredly seal his release if the team was on the hook to pay him anything this year. He's on the team's reserve-retired list, meaning any entry back into the league would have to be with the Ravens, or after the Ravens would release him.

Based on this report, everyone in Pittsburgh is pulling for the Ravens to give him the starting job.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...ement-comeback
Old 04-16-2014, 04:24 AM   #2
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Rolando McClain can't finish workout with Ravens

Yeah, but how did he do in the knife wielding and woman uppercutting drills? The Ravens love their "special skill-set" players.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Fire Arians (04-16-2014), harrison'samonster (04-16-2014), JonM229 (04-16-2014), NSMaster56 (04-16-2014), SteelersCanada (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
JonM229
Team Owner

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 6,093 Times in 2,225 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Yeah, but how did he do in the knife wielding and woman uppercutting drills? The Ravens love their "special skill-set" players.
You also forgot about car-dragging and bleach-pouring:

Terrell Sugss' Girlfriend Claims He Punched Her In Neck

Quote:
We now have more details about the domestic case that prompted Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs to surrender his gun collection to authorities. It's not pretty.

According to the domestic complaint obtained Friday by The Baltimore Sun, Suggs' longtime girlfriend, Candace Williams, claimed the All-Pro punched her in the neck and dragged her alongside a speeding car with their two children in the vehicle. The woman said she suffered "severe road rash" as a result of the incident.

As is standard protocol in the wake of a complaint of this nature, Suggs was ordered to turn over any firearms in his possession. The Sun reported he turned over seven guns. WBAL-TV reported Suggs surrendered nine.

Suggs does not face criminal charges stemming from the September incident. The reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year issued a statement Friday addressing the issue.

"My fiance and I have two beautiful children together whom we both love and care for tremendously," the statement read. "The personal issues that the two of us have faced recently have been addressed in a responsible and adult manner and have been resolved. I am certain that we will get through this matter and move forward as a happy family."

In December 2009, Williams alleged Suggs held her down on the floor, poured bleach on her and their son and kicked her in the face, breaking her nose, according to The Sun. Williams also claimed physical abuse dating to the start of their relationship in 2007.

Williams was granted a protective order as a result of those 2009 claims, The Sun reported. It later was rescinded after the couple reconciled and Williams dropped a $70 million lawsuit against Suggs.

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (04-16-2014), harrison'samonster (04-16-2014), IowaSteeler927 (04-16-2014), NSMaster56 (04-16-2014), SteelersCanada (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

@JonM229

I guess the DUI obstacle course and security guard wrestling drills should be included as well.

It's really hard to keep track of all of the criminals on your team.

They just need to start marketing orange jumpsuit home alternative uniforms for them already. I'm just not sure how easily visible their new numbers will be on them from the guard towers.... er... press box.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-16-2014), IowaSteeler927 (04-16-2014), JonM229 (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,136 Times in 2,826 Posts

Quote:
According to the domestic complaint obtained Friday by The Baltimore Sun, Suggs' longtime girlfriend, Candace Williams, claimed the All-Pro punched her in the neck and dragged her alongside a speeding car with their two children in the vehicle. The woman said she suffered "severe road rash" as a result of the incident.
The first reported domestic assault is when a Raven is taking the relationship to the next level - wedding bells presumably will soon be ringing for Ms. Williams and Suggs
Buddha Bus (04-16-2014), harrison'samonster (04-16-2014), JonM229 (04-16-2014), NSMaster56 (04-16-2014), SteelersCanada (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The first reported domestic assault is when a Raven is taking the relationship to the next level - wedding bells presumably will soon be ringing for Ms. Williams and Suggs
Suggs must be stalling. That story is from a couple years ago I believe. He's probably just stringing her along waiting for the statute of limitations to expire.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-16-2014), JonM229 (04-16-2014), SteelersCanada (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,359 Times in 4,009 Posts

Yikes. It's always tough to see a kid fall that far from grace. One of the best Inside Linebacker prospects of the last decade gone completely to shit because of bad decision after bad decision.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #8
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,562 Times in 2,313 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Yikes. It's always tough to see a kid fall that far from grace. One of the best Inside Linebacker prospects of the last decade gone completely to shit because of Big Mac after Big Mac.
There

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-16-2014), JonM229 (04-16-2014), NSMaster56 (04-16-2014), SteelersCanada (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 PM   #9
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,604 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Suggs must be stalling
Nah, by this time in the afternoon he's out in the pasture
Bayz101 (04-16-2014), Buddha Bus (04-16-2014), harrison'samonster (04-16-2014), JonM229 (04-17-2014), SteelersCanada (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #10
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
Nah, by this time in the afternoon he's out in the pasture

HeeHawHeeHawHeeHawHeeHaw!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Fire Arians (04-16-2014), harrison'samonster (04-16-2014), JonM229 (04-17-2014), SteelersCanada (04-16-2014)