Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #21
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,653 Posts
Default Re: Ex-Sheriff Wanted 'Women In Front' In Case Of Shootout With Feds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
They were taking the cattle to sell. The armed agents were in response to his threats. Maybe the feds can play his pathetic game and send in teenage girls to get the cows
Did they have a court order to take the cattle and sell them? If not it's theft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
It is not a payment issue - it is a trespass issue tied into the monetary sanctions he has incurred for not getting off the land since 1998.

When you move in to confiscate property from folks who do not believe in the authority of the federal government you do not show up with just a handshake and a smile. How many law enforcement agents would you dispatch and what would be the appropriate level of weaponry?
The county sheriff and a few deputies would have been fine. I believe he said he would go peacefully if the county sheriff was the one to arrest him. Then transfer him to federal custody or what not.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #22
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,099 Times in 2,113 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Did they have a court order to take the cattle and sell them? If not it's theft.

The county sheriff and a few deputies would have been fine. I believe he said he would go peacefully if the county sheriff was the one to arrest him. Then transfer him to federal custody or what not.
You could google but here:

Quote:
August 2013: A court order says Bundy has 45 days to remove his cattle from federal land.

October 2013: A federal district judge court tells Bundy not to “physically interfere with any seizure or impoundment operation.”
He did

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (04-17-2014), MACH1 (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #23
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,492 Times in 721 Posts

Quote:

Kinda hard to make a theft argument under a trespassing violation. And, have you heard some of the crap coming out of this guy's mouth? Peaceful is hardly how I'd describe them. That and being associated and surrounded with militia in fake uniforms made to look like legitimate law enforcement and US military units.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #24
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
Kinda hard to make a theft argument under a trespassing violation. And, have you heard some of the crap coming out of this guy's mouth? Peaceful is hardly how I'd describe them. That and being associated and surrounded with militia in fake uniforms made to look like legitimate law enforcement and US military units.
Just as hard to make the argument to steal someones property because they're trespassing.

I would dare to say they were a tad more peaceful than the ones doing the tazing and knocking pregnant women to the ground.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #25
JonM229
Team Owner

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 5,807 Times in 2,119 Posts
My Mood: Goofy

Quote:
I would dare to say they were a tad more peaceful than the ones doing the tazing and knocking pregnant women to the ground.
It's about time pregnant women got knocked down (ha!) a few pegs.

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
MACH1 (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #26
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,492 Times in 721 Posts

Quote:
Just as hard to make the argument to steal someones property because they're trespassing.

You mean the women Bundy and his gang admit to using as shields?

If you keep camping on my property without my permission and I take your tent the next time you leave it unattended, I won't be charged for theft.
Buddha Bus (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #27
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
They were coming to remove the cattle from the land, not arrest him for contempt of previous orders. And when the feds do come to arrest you the perp does not get a vote as to how the arrest goes down and who makes it.

Quote:
Just as hard to make the argument to steal someones property because they're trespassing. .
Here is the link October 2013 order of the District Court that directed Bundy to get the cattle off the land or stay out of the way if the feds had to remove the cattle - if Bundy was that vexed about it he could have hired a lawyer to file an appeal and moved to stay enforcement of the order pending appeal.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial...%2010-9-13.pdf
Buddha Bus (04-18-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #28
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Quote:
They were coming to remove the cattle from the land, not arrest him for contempt of previous orders. And when the feds do come to arrest you the perp does not get a vote as to how the arrest goes down and who makes it.
Yeah I know. It is one way to keep things from getting out of hand though.

Quote:
Here is the link October 2013 order of the District Court that directed Bundy to get the cattle off the land or stay out of the way if the feds had to remove the cattle - if Bundy was that vexed about it he could have hired a lawyer to file an appeal and moved to stay enforcement of the order pending appeal.
I was meaning in general taking property from a trespasser without a court order. If I drive up your driveway you can't take my car type of thing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 04-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #29
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
I was meaning in general taking property from a trespasser without a court order. If I drive up your driveway you can't take my car type of thing.
Agreed - of course the equivalent for this jackass would be parking your cars on someone else's property for decades, being ordered since at least 1998 to cut it out, then being ordered again in the fall of 2013 to get the cars off the property in 45 days or the property owner could have the cars removed.

How the feds trying to tow the cars off the property after that is some infringement upon Bundy's liberty is beyond me. But an enemy of my enemy approach by some to everything leads to this sort of lawbreaking being defended.
Buddha Bus (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #30
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Quote:
Agreed - of course the equivalent for this jackass would be parking your cars on someone else's property for decades, being ordered since at least 1998 to cut it out, then being ordered again in the fall of 2013 to get the cars off the property in 45 days or the property owner could have the cars removed.

How the feds trying to tow the cars off the property after that is some infringement upon Bundy's liberty is beyond me. But an enemy of my enemy approach by some to everything leads to this sort of lawbreaking being defended.
For some yeah, I'm not defending what he did just questioning the way in which the feds went about it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ