Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2014 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #21
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,088
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,237
Thanked 11,424 Times in 4,683 Posts
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Ward & Bettis???

Saying that you have a bomb in an airport is not immature; it's flat-out dumb.

Sorry, SC. This guy is a suspension (or felony) waiting to happen.
Ward was filmed during his DUI arrest. Bettis was involved in a sexual assault investigation back in '02. There was something else, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

The same could have been said for Roethlisberger from '05 - '08. We gave him a chance, and look how things turned out.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #22
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 212
Member Number: 15586
Thanks: 35
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

This is something I would like, if we stayed put

15. Darqueze Dennard, CB
46. Scott Crichton, OLB
97. Brandon Coleman, WR
118. EJ Gaines, CB
157. Robert Herron, WR
173. Jerrick McKinnon, RB
192. Max Bullough, ILB
215. Rob Blanchflower, TE
230. Justin Britt, OT
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steel Glory For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (04-19-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #23
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,728
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,087
Thanked 24,504 Times in 9,932 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Ward was filmed during his DUI arrest. Bettis was involved in a sexual assault investigation back in '02. There was something else, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

The same could have been said for Roethlisberger from '05 - '08. We gave him a chance, and look how things turned out.
Bettis was a total scam. The woman admitted it. (Probably the only scammer to ever admit that it was a money-grab.)

Ward's DUI was a lot different than the stuff that Aldon Smith did. Vincent Jackson, Antonio Gates, and a bunch of players have DUIs.

Roethlisberger was already on the team. Big difference.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (04-19-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #24
SteelerJT
Living Legend
 
SteelerJT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,411
Gender: Male
Member Number: 25777
Thanks: 11,697
Thanked 5,824 Times in 2,612 Posts
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Ward & Bettis???

Saying that you have a bomb in an airport is not immature; it's flat-out dumb.

Sorry, SC. This guy is a suspension (or felony) waiting to happen.
Ward got busted for the DUI. Ray Rice remembers.

But honestly, I have a bigger tolerance for saying something stupid at an airport when you're pissed off then possibly killing someone because you're drunk.
__________________
"You don't always know what Ike is talking about, but he's entertaining as hell to listen to."
SteelerJT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelerJT For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (04-19-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #25
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,728
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,087
Thanked 24,504 Times in 9,932 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJT View Post
But honestly, I have a bigger tolerance for saying something stupid at an airport when you're pissed off then possibly killing someone because you're drunk.
Agreed that DUIs are often overlooked, and I have a personal problem with drunk drivers (you can PM me for details). Alas, it's one of the more common crimes that people have committed.

I'm more concerned about Smith's recidivism.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #26
SteelerJT
Living Legend
 
SteelerJT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,411
Gender: Male
Member Number: 25777
Thanks: 11,697
Thanked 5,824 Times in 2,612 Posts
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Agreed that DUIs are often overlooked, and I have a personal problem with drunk drivers (you can PM me for details). Alas, it's one of the more common crimes that people have committed.

I'm more concerned about Smith's recidivism.
I just think that debating the moral standards of the Rooney family's hiring practices, and Aldons personal history and problems are two separate issues.

While he's obviously not at his level, LT was the most profilic pass rusher in the league at the time. Would you really not want him because of his personal issues?
__________________
"You don't always know what Ike is talking about, but he's entertaining as hell to listen to."
SteelerJT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelerJT For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (04-19-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #27
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,728
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,087
Thanked 24,504 Times in 9,932 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJT View Post
I just think that debating the moral standards of the Rooney family's hiring practices, and Aldons personal history and problems are two separate issues.

While he's obviously not at his level, LT was the most profilic pass rusher in the league at the time. Would you really not want him because of his personal issues?
In the 80s, when coke was abundant & everyone's personal business was private: sure.

Now, with the media scrutiny: no... (because, today, LT would be fined, suspended, & out of the league).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (04-19-2014), Steelstoned1972 (04-19-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #28
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,728
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,087
Thanked 24,504 Times in 9,932 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJT View Post
Ward got busted for the DUI. Ray Rice remembers.

But honestly, I have a bigger tolerance for saying something stupid at an airport when you're pissed off then possibly killing someone because you're drunk.
I just remembered that Aldon Smith had a DUI. (Plus, the obvious gun charges, and the recent LAX yelling "bomb" incident.)

Ward:
DUI

Smith:
DUI... plus guns... plus yelling "bomb."
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (04-19-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #29
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 10,455
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 10,724
Thanked 13,789 Times in 5,671 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Glory View Post
This is something I would like, if we stayed put

15. Darqueze Dennard, CB
46. Scott Crichton, OLB
97. Brandon Coleman, WR
118. EJ Gaines, CB
157. Robert Herron, WR
173. Jerrick McKinnon, RB
192. Max Bullough, ILB
215. Rob Blanchflower, TE
230. Justin Britt, OT
I would be very happy with that draft...
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
Steel Glory (04-19-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #30
SteelerJT
Living Legend
 
SteelerJT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,411
Gender: Male
Member Number: 25777
Thanks: 11,697
Thanked 5,824 Times in 2,612 Posts
Default Re: Junst a hunch about the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I just remembered that Aldon Smith had a DUI. (Plus, the obvious gun charges, and the recent LAX yelling "bomb" incident.)

Ward:
DUI

Smith:
DUI... plus guns... plus yelling "bomb."
I forgot too

And seriously. About the gun charges. Who really gives a shit? I mean, does anyone really think most NFL players don't arm themselves? Was he being reckless when he got caught at the party? Yes. But at least it was at his house, and not in a night club. I know they're technically felonies, but it's not like he held up a bank.

It all just points to immaturity, which I think can be contained in the right circumstances. Which I don't believe involve that SOB Harbaugh.
__________________
"You don't always know what Ike is talking about, but he's entertaining as hell to listen to."
SteelerJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts